1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The 2014 Snooker World Championships at Sheffield

Discussion in 'General Betting Board' started by redcgull, Apr 16, 2014.

1. redcgull

redcgull Well-Known Member

STH, to put into a greater context as to what Robbo has achieved this year Joe Swail has a total number of 103 hundred breaks to his name for his WHOLE career... He is 51st on the All-Time List...!!! And that has took him 23 years to amass that many...

Ive put the list up of the top twenty 100 breakers...

Player Maximums Centuries
    1 Stephen Hendry - 773
    2 Ronnie O'Sullivan - 729
    3 John Higgins - 541
    4 Ding Junhui - 360
    5 Steve Davis - 353
    6 Neil Robertson - 349
    7 Mark Selby - 335
    8 Jimmy White - 327
    9 Ken Doherty - 324
    10 Marco Fu - 322
    11 Peter Ebdon - 316
    12 Shaun Murphy - 302
    13 Mark Williams - 301
    14 Stephen Maguire - 265
    15 Judd Trump - 265
    16 Matthew Stevens - 249
    17 John Parrott - 228
    18 Anthony Hamilton - 226
    19 Stuart Bingham - 224
    20 Mark Allen - 214

Anthony Hamilton and Mark Allen are the only ones in the top 20 not to have a 147 break in that list of 100 breaks...

2. SaveTheHumans

SaveTheHumans Well-Known Member

It's some going alright fair play to him he seem's a dedicated lad. Saw his interview on the Ronnie O'Sullivan show that he did for Eurosport where O'Sullivan interviewed Robertson and he said he was standing in the dole queue to sign up for that one day and before he got to the desk he turned and walked out deciding to give the snooker one last chance and left for England pretty soon after that and as they say the rest is history..

O'Sullivan will certainly surpass Hendry as well that's only a matter of time.

<yikes> Ebdon and Hamilton have mad that many centuries :laugh:

3. Smokin Beau

Smokin Beau Member

I bet if you add Ronnies 729 combined centuries into minutes its less than that of Ebdon's :laugh:

4. SaveTheHumans

<rofl> .

5. redcgull

Actually I have to tell you that just before Ebdon turned pro he was a prolific winner on the amateur scene, especially in the Pro-Am comps that are run around the country. I did see him play once in a comp held in Preston, when he had that pony tail of his, and he was lightening fast around the table. He never missed, won every match, and had three 100 breaks in the final which was best of 7...!!!

I do know a few of the local snooker pros who played against him in his early pro days, and late amateur days, and they told me that in his last year an amateur he won some really big money matches that took him 5 years as a pro to surpass what he won in that last year as an amateur...!!!

What I don't know is why he went to the go slow player we saw beat Davis at the crucible all them years ago, and to even slower when he ground the Rocket into submission in 1996 semi final... But the bloke is a great potter, just not very pleasing to the eye to watch...

6. Smokin Beau

Smokin Beau Member

Red

The only reason i can see for him going slow is simply...GOING BALD!

Look at Ben Crane on the PGA tour

It must be a side effect

7. SaveTheHumans

Not knocking him red hes always been a top player. Just a bit of banter. Got the upmost respect for all the lads on tour and those that practise to try get there.

8. SaveTheHumans

:emoticon-0146-punch Daaaamn you SELBYYYYYYYY :cheesy: My two picks gonzo after round 2 but I will continue to enjoy it anyway and hopefully one of your guy's will win now lads <cheers> The Doherty McManus game is terrific for all the wrong reasons :emoticon-0184-tmi: but I enjoy watching the players struggling it makes compelling viewing at times. Just gonna ride the Doherty train for a lil' longer so I probably gave him the kiss of death to exit in Rd 2 now also.

9. redcgull

No its fine mate, he isn't every ones cup of tea is he, but he is a good player... even with or without that pony tail...!!!<laugh><laugh>

10. Smokin Beau

Smokin Beau Member

Evening Guys

So there was no PGA tour thread this week, but as normal i always have a flutter

As RED is aware, i am a big fan of Keegan Bradlet, but also back Sueng Yul Noh quite often too.

golf.jpg
    So going into the final round i have 1sta nd 2nd on the leader-board...come on guys..make my weekend!!

£3 e/w on Noh at 100s and £12 ew on Keegan at 20/1

11. Smokin Beau

Smokin Beau Member

Evening Guys

So there was no PGA tour thread this week, but as normal i always have a flutter

As RED is aware, i am a big fan of Keegan Bradlet, but also back Sueng Yul Noh quite often too.

View attachment 30948
    So going into the final round i have 1sta nd 2nd on the leader-board...come on guys..make my weekend!!

£3 e/w on Noh at 100s and £12 ew on Keegan at 20/1

12. redcgull

I know Smokin, ive been so busy recently I havnt really given much thought to anything sporting for a wee while now... Work is work though, and well done on your bets pal... A great gift to wake up to this morning...:emoticon-0164-cash::emoticon-0164-cash:

13. Smokin Beau

Smokin Beau Member

No Worries Red it is fine

Very happy with my return £381 ...happy days!!

14. SaveTheHumans

Well done Smokin :emoticon-0148-yes: soon you'll know played well and was deserving of the victory fair play to ya for keeping faith.

15. SaveTheHumans

Wow Trump must have played well to be leading 6-2 I was in Punchestown all day today so missed the game!

Barring miracles the semi final line-up will be O'Sullivan vs Hawkins and Selby vs Trump/Robertson

16. Smokin Beau

Smokin Beau Member

Murphy won 1st two frames today. and had legitimate chances in the next 3 frames to win them and failed badly

Booo

17. SaveTheHumans

Watched the conclusion this morning and Murphy seemed to be missing key balls every frame he just couldn't afford to do that especially vs O'Sullivan <doh>

18. YouCanCallMeJeff

YouCanCallMeJeff Active Member

Cracking bet Smokin. <cracker>

I've gone for Kyle Stanley this week, he's had a shocking year but showed some signs of revival last week according to a workmate of mine..

I was looking at Freddy Couples at this invitational thing. 11/2 seems pretty short odds but hes been in cracking form and really doesn't have to beat very much...

On the subject of snooker, has anyone else been really disappointed by the standard of the play so far? Doherty vs McManus was depressing to watch! Might have a small punt on Selby at 11/2 to keep it interesting

19. SaveTheHumans

<applause> for Dale as he nearly produced one of the all time comebacks to go through but ultimately fell just short and Hawkins progressed in the decider.

20. Smokin Beau

Smokin Beau Member

in PGA this week ive got

Noh @ 70/1 - May as well ride the ship
    De Jonge 110/1 - Birdie machine may be needed on this very difficult course
    Ogilvy 150/1 - No reason needed
    Kaymer 110/1 - He has to come good again sooner or later
    Morgan Hoffman 160/1 - I like this fella, think he could be very good one day
    Matsuyama 80/1 - Still think he will be in the Top 5 in the world in the next 2/3 years..great talent!