1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Allams Next Step

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Chazz Rheinhold, Jul 17, 2017.

1. Gone For A Walk

Gone For A Walk Well-Known Member

No.
    He was a **** too. Just maybe not as incompetent as Enob.

Double_Dragon, PLT and Evington like this.
  2. Evington

Evington Well-Known Member

Ha ha ha. What a twat he is. A rich twat, but nonetheless a TWAT

Real ale tiger likes this.
  3. SydneyTiger14

SydneyTiger14 Well-Known Member

May or may not have spent half the day day dreaming about what I would do if I randomly came into 1 billion and could buy the club. Fun to dream about.

Walter Sobchak likes this.
  4. Mr G. Raff

Mr G. Raff Active Member

What a shambles, boy am I glad we cancelled our membership in March effective from the end of May!

5. Fez

Fez Well-Known Member

Personally, I think the Allams are simply reacting to the inevitable consequences of their own poor judgement.

Players are moving because their poor contract management, by the club, not only makes it possible, but it makes moving sensible and desirable.

The money the Allams are currently accruing from sales is not as significant as it seems and will have conditions attached.

Slutsky was a punt on bringing in cheap loans. He will get loans, but cheap and quality, along with what we need, is another matter. He won't walk, this is nothing less than what he took on. He bigged himself up and now reality bites. He will leave next summer.

Some players will have to be bought and we will get yet more punts and, I fear, disappointment.

The PL won't give the Allams any ****e, they are are glad to be shot of the odious twats and don't expect to see them back anytime soon.

Finding a buyer for the club will be extremely difficult, I don't believe it is any longer a priority for the owners and I believe that they expect to run the club on a shoestring for the foreseeable future. This will be achievable, but miserable for the support.

We, as an ambitious and credible football club, have been sent to the dogs by these owners and it is sad, funny, odd, that we have posters on here that have supported the owners action in bringing this about.

Demonstrating, campaigning, staying away, will now achieve nothing, but do it if you feel a need to. If you believe your price is okay (and many are) then attend and enjoy the game with your mates / family; a collective refusal to attend is the only powerful response and collective is nigh on impossible to achieve.

It's going to be a long, hard season.

6. balkan tiger

balkan tiger Well-Known Member

Sums it all up very well.

7. ElTigre

ElTigre Well-Known Member

We're all now picturing it. :biggrin:

8. Real ale tiger

Real ale tiger Well-Known Member

No chance of slutski still staying while the end of the season.i think October will see him gone

9. balkan tiger

balkan tiger Well-Known Member

I also think Fez has got that one wrong too. I think he will walk before the season starts.

pudseytiger likes this.
  10. RichardG

RichardG Well-Known Member

I was told by someone who'd know last summer - when everyone thought a sale of the club was imminent - that a) it wasn't going to happen, and b) it was unlikely to ever happen. The reasons for this are numerous (Ehab enjoys being a football club 'owner' as it suits his playboy lifestyle, the money that comes in from the Premier League is massive, with the parachute payments not inconsequential) but the main one was that the Allams don't really know how to sell a business and they really, really don't know how to sell a football club. There were no shortage of potential buyers last year, all meeting the asking price for a Premier League team, and some agreeing a price should we have stayed down. But the Allams - Ehab in particular - are clueless on this score. So, as Fez says, I'm pretty certain we're not going to be sold. This has the potential to get ugly on a scale that we haven't gotten close to yet. I can only see us being sold as a carcass, and we're not at that stage yet.

On the plus side, the journey up through the divisions is great. I'd much rather do that again than tread water in the middle of the Championship for the next decade.

Pat E O'Dors, Real ale tiger and Fez like this.

11. Fez

Fez Well-Known Member

One of the common thoughts, on here and elsewhere, is that Slutsky is both intelligent and well prepared; it is for this reason that I think he will see it through, as he knew exactly what he was up against. The way in which he has accepted a cobbled together management/coaching team is, for me, testament to that. This is his opportunity to get a foothold in English football - if his team does well, then it is against all odds, and if it does badly, then those same odds work for him again. It worked for Silva.

Real ale tiger likes this.
  12. ElTigre

ElTigre Well-Known Member

City going up three divisions has only happened once. If we go down to League 2 we might not be back in the PL in the lifetime of anyone on this forum. Cheerful thought I know.

13. Real ale tiger

Real ale tiger Well-Known Member

Plus it's the hull city
    it's the hull city way these days. The division 2 days of the seventies when our owners didn't want us to go up or down seem to have long since departed.i agree with You,I would love to see us charging up the league's again with an Adam Pearson type running the club.will be interesting to see what Allam songs appear once they finally fook off

14. Craigo

Craigo Well-Known Member

• When the Allams took over City the relationship with supporters was good.
    • The sacking of Barmby put a strain on that relationship.
    • The collapse of talks with Hull City Council to acquire the KC stadium ended the Allam's first business plan.
    • The Allam's second business plan was based on changing the club's name.
    • The plan irretrievably destroyed all trust between the supporters and the Allam's.
    • The FA's decision finally frustrated their second business plan.
    • The situation declined with abuse from both sides resulting in the Allams no longer attending home games.
    • The Allams now want to sell the club and get out.
    • The fans regularly express their hatred of the Allams on public forums like this (which they are no doubt aware of)
    • As businessmen they want to recoup their investment which includes selling players, and of course there is no pressure on them to please supporters who regard them as enemies.
    • There is however a need for them to gain promotion if possible to maximize the club's value, but it makes sense to attempt this on a minimal budget to reduce any further losses.
    This is the current state of the relationship between the Allams and the majority of the supporters.

In a nutshell; you hate them, they hate you, so any complaints about their current lack of investment completely ignores the reality of the situation.

Edit;
    Apologies I didn't realise there was a dedicated thread for this.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
  15. PattyNchips2

PattyNchips2 Well-Known Member

when the window slams shut, and we haven't made a signing?
    that's when you start to panic............. till then...... best thing is to have patience.

16. augustatiger

augustatiger Well-Known Member

Patience is a Take That song as are:

Pray

and

Kidz!

17. PattyNchips2

PattyNchips2 Well-Known Member

I wouldt know that, I was never a Take That fan.
    I'm male.

18. The B&S Fanclub

The B&S Fanclub Well-Known Member

No desire to state the bleeding obvious, but this is what you get when none football people, buy football clubs. I reckon they may have set out with good intentions, but all that went pear shaped with the fall out with the council. Now they see it 100% as a cash cow to fund their creaking business..
    It a bleeding shame its come to this, but we'll have to go a lot further backwards in order to go forward.

ImperialTiger likes this.
  19. tigerscanada

tigerscanada Well-Known Member

Agreed. His expressed ambition is to manage in the PL. He seems determined he will one day. Should he walk any earlier than the end of the coming season he will never get that chance again. He would be viewed as someone who can't take the heat of a difficult challenge. Any success from this season (meaning avoiding relegation to League 1) will look good on his resume. Plus he will have one year of direct experience in English football.
    There will be plenty of PL teams likely to be in a relegation battle in subsequent seasons who would be interested in a fighter.
    Slutsky's Five Year Plan is formed !

20. AlRawdah

AlRawdah Well-Known Member

It's really silly to say that the fans hate the Allams. Some do, most don't. Most are indifferent, frankly, they just want to see the club well run and prosper.