1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The (Sir) Alwaysright Gordon Road Stand Thread

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by brb, Nov 16, 2012.

1. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

So - how do you like your 'Law' - as an ass or as a lynch mob ? --- as you all know - I do prefer justice to prevail.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-50682262

I find it difficult to believe that ALL 4 'suspects' continued to try to escape (( allegedly )), after the first of them was shot by the police -- but I don't suppose that there will be anyone who will not corroborate the claim by the officers.

It is easy to say that the suspects ( NOT convicted ), would have been found guilty and then be sentenced to be executed. But that does not justify uncivilised behaviour..
    If you tell me that a 'fair trial' is just a waste of time and money - where should we draw the line ? Should we advocate vigilantes and lynch mobs ? Should we all arm ourselves with guns - and shoot anyone who dares to walk on our front lawn ?

I know that I complain at the lack of justice in British society. I definitely would like to see a better justice administered by our judges -but maybe the Ass Law is less dangerous for innocent people -- maybe the end doesn't justify the means. You don't have to agree with me - but I expect that around 6 million innocent Jews would.

2. brb

brb CR250

I think there is a complete break down of law and order in in certain parts, where some absolute horrendous crimes have been committed against women. I saw an article last night that made my blood boil, generally it is what an article is intended to do. Personally I would have happily have pulled the trigger on that individual, then I bring myself back out of the article and back to reality and the humanity of my own surroundings, where I'm able to live in peace and not treated as a sex object to gratify man. If I lived in the geographical location in the article and had a gun, would I be able to promise myself not to pull the trigger, no, but that's what happens when you have to deal with the depravity of man, you fall into a worm hole, where you stoop to the same evil to make a wrong, right - and we all know lynch mobs, can claim the life of an innocent, the damnatory of revenge.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2019
  3. alwaysright

I won't mind NOT being 'always' right !
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50690408

I don't think that Mr. Scally will spend money on a striker in January ---- maybe he won't find one that suits our needs or budget --- maybe he might feel that the Club's recent performances show that we can cope without the expenditure at this stage in this season............... I believe that we're showing signs of greater improvement than we've seen in a long time. I don't think we need to mention the R word - but any realistic prospect of a top 6 place might be too much to expect ( without a decent 'finisher.' ) -- but - Mr. Scally will take note of Bolton, Bury and Macclesfield. He has always said that he will not risk the financial future of GFC........ so - I don't expect to see a new striker in January........ ( or will I have to change my username ? )

4. brb

brb CR250

I think we certainly lack a clinical finisher and it would need to be first on the shopping list, but as you rightly suggest, it's not going to happen. We normally need something each season to balance the books, and I'm guessing this cup run does nowt more than that....balance the books but at least we are not in the situation of the teams you forementioned.

alwaysright likes this.
  5. alwaysright

Spring.................... ( something less interesting than my usual rubbish )

Driving in my home town, at the side of the road - on an area of grass verge, I saw a bunch of daffodils - in full bloom -- in early December !

6. alwaysright

A 'strange' chant......... I could use a different description - but I'll probably be accused of homophobia.

Watching the Crystal Palace v Brighton game...... Palace's Benteke puts his arm across the face of a Bighton player - the referee awards a foul. The Brighton fans start to chant; " You dirty northern b******s."

I didn't realise that South London is now considered North ! (( Tim in Rochdale must be on another planet )).......... but, in Rochdale, at least you can say things like " there's now't as queer as folk" without somebody taking offence.

7. alwaysright

Technology failure !

Today I got an email from my energy supplier - telling me to submit readings.. I did this 3 days ago ( and they're on my online account ) - this has occurred several times - and is a waste of my time. I tried to speak ( online chat ) - to ask why the software is not blocking the usual monthly reminder if the customer has submitted readings in the previous month.
    All I got was a reply about smart meters, and why they send out email reminders for meter readings. I repeated my query -- about the software - and its' capability to ONLY send a reminder if a month has elapsed since the previous reading........I am fairly sure that I was writing in English - but as the 'Digital Technician' was called Carlos, perhaps I should have used Spanish - " Que ? "

Last edited: Dec 17, 2019
  8. alwaysright

technology failure 2

So, I am at the self scan till in Tesco in Gillingham. When I upload my scanner, I get a message to say that I have been selected for a random check.
    I looked up at the three lights on the pole attached to the till. I expected the red light to flash - to alert a member of staff --- but nothing happened. I then had to summon a member of staff to my situation (( the bloody till won't let you pay without staff intervention ))

A member of staff came over to me -- and asked me how could she help. I asked if she was aware that I needed to be 'searched ' ( that is what it really is ).
    She said " No "... so I had to ask - " How do you know when to check a customer's shopping ? " She said - "We have to listen out for the scanner to bleep "!!! --- there are several self scan/ self service tills - ALL of them bleeping all over the place !!

I asked her - does the scanner not 'talk' to the till when a customer is selected for a check - and surely the red light on the till should flash - to give you a visual help ?" -- She didn't bother to answer --------- like I have said in the past, the motto for Tesco; " every little helps, " should have its' first and last letters removed for accuracy

9. alwaysright

Changes ---------- ---------------- what I am about to write is NOT intended to be a criticism or insult of certain esteemed members ( mentioned or otherwise )

I bet you thought that all the dinosaurs were wiped out in the last ice-age........ well, if you bother to read enough of my drivel, or contributions from some others in this forum ( brb ) , you'd be forgiven for thinking that there are still a few pre-historics roaming the internet.

I believe that since the Jurassic period, Mankind has evolved ( I'm not suggesting anything less savage. ) We have now got double glazed caves. The last time I went to the toilet it wasn't into a hole in the ground (( although I do remember the disgusting loos at Priestfield - that were not even fit for a Neanderthal )).

Football, along with just about everything over millions of years, has changed. It no longer resembles some sort of bull run of its' origins. The equipment has evolved - and the balloons that professional footballers use no longer cause brain damage. Football has changed.

OK, just like any other (football) dinosaur, I will not idly sit and take all the changes without expressing an opinion -- because not all changes are for the better ( in Football or other walk of life. )

I don't always agree with everything that my fellow dinosaurs criticise. I have a different agenda - and will comment from my own particular viewpoint. I want my fellow dinosaurs to continue to express themselves -- they may not always be right - but they need to be true to the principles they follow........................................mind you, they won't change anything - but at least they can be sanctimonious when things go as wrong as they suggest..............................

......... anyway -- I will end up by wishing all of you ( especially if you're a dinosaur ), a happy Christmas ((( I hope that you have millions more ))).

10. alwaysright

I know why ---- but --- WHY ?
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-50809546

For your (pointless) information - I am fully CRB checked. I have no convictions, and never had a parking or speeding ticket (( my halo doth shine ! )).

A few days ago, my son's daughter ( 3 and a half years ), was in her nursery school Christmas Nativity. Neither I or Mrs. Alwaysright were allowed to attend --she was as gutted as me --- but, I could understand the reason --- the venue simply wasn't big enough for all the parents and grandparents wanting to attend.

My son ( and other parents ), were warned that the play would be stopped if anyone dared to record it or even take photographs. The reason was that specific permission would have to be obtained from every parent of the children in the play - in case their darlings were filmed / snapped by accident ! .................. like I said; " I know why -but WHY ?.

Please don't give me all the 'political correctness' nonsense that exists in everything we try to do -- I know all about that -- but it doesn't mean that it makes any sense. IF I was a sexual deviant, I have access to all sorts of depravity on the internet to fully satisfy any disgusting need !...........

......... and I bet that the BBC News haven't obtained permission from the parents of the little cherubs in the above link - which would be exactly the sort of film that I would have liked to shoot - to keep as fond memories .

It seems that in all walks of life, we have to 'punish' 99.9999% of innocent people just to prevent a tiny proportion of the World from having access to microscopic material - which is available by the bucket load every time they dived into the depths of the Web.

11. alwaysright

Money - does it buy you unhappiness ? https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-50930002
    Without wishing to dismiss the sad death of Mr. Weir, the story in the link is unremarkable - except for one fact.
    It states that, earlier this year Mr & Mrs Weir were to divorce -after 38 years of ( happy ) marriage. The reason(s) is a private matter - but - you can't help but think that it had nothing to do with money --- or did it ? Perhaps Mrs. Weir wasn't happy that her husband had bought out his beloved Partick Thistle FC ?

Money can make your physical surroundings more bearable - and that might make you feel better - but you could have all the money in the World ( well - at least 171 Million ), and it wouldn't be enough to buy happiness............................................ shame Mr.Weir didn't live in Gillingham.

12. alwaysright

I'll never have the lack of commonsense to qualify to be a Hi-Vizer ! ( I know that 2+2=4 )

At the Rochdale game, one of the stewards on the GRS side of the stadium was handed a season ticket book - which Mr. X ( can't remember ) had dropped. The obvious thing would have been to look inside the book - to see what Block, Row and Seat applied to the fan - and, perhaps, go to that seat - and see if Mr X matched his photo in the book - and return the book -- NO -

Apparently it was easier for the steward to get an announcement made - to ask Mr.X to leave his seat ( and inconvenience others in his row ), to approach a steward (( not necessarily the one holding his season ticket book ))...................................................

......................... just because it's a new year did you think I'd go easy on the Mr.Jobsworths ?

13. alwaysright

No you're not - you're a lesbian ! ..... and it doesn't make you a bad person.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-50978997

We don't need ridiculous titles for every minority group ----------- I like dogs - does that make me 'Dogsexual' ?........................
    ......................I'm going for an early contender for the most stupid post of the decade.

14. alwaysright

I struggled not to swear ! - partly helped by being left speechless with all the lies I was being given.

I have Amazon Prime ( it won't be for much longer ! )
    On 10th Jan I placed an order for a double set of cordless phones- expecting my Prime account to deliver it the next day ---- it wasn't delivered ----------- no problem - I wasn't in any real hurry.

I wait a few days................ On 14th Jan I track the item - to be told that the item has ( that day ) been dispatched to the delivery company ( UPS ).The delivery date will be 16th Jan.

16th Jan, I check the tracking -- the item is with the courier - it will arrive by 8pm..................... you know that it didn't arrive !!
    I try to contact UPS -their automated machine was incapable of understanding clearly spoken English.

Today - I got through to UPS. The assistant claimed that the item had not been received by them - so they couldn't tell me anything about delivery times - and suggested I contact the supplier.

I phoned Amazon. They didn't give me an explanation as to why I didn't receive the item within guaranteed next day delivery - nor why my phone details were not given to UPS - so that they could advise me of problems with delivery.................... instead - Amazon phoned UPS, ( whilst I remained on hold ). and then promptly told me that the supplier had told UPS that the item was out of stock --- (( despite the above tracking information )). Amazon offered to let me reorder the phones for when they would next be in stock, - or I could have a refund (( which I chose ))--- and Amazon told me that they had found an alternative supplier at a much cheaper price. They were going to send me an email link, whilst confirming a refund on my account. I thanked the Amazon assistant.

I then checked my email - and opened the link - to find that the reason why the price was much cheaper was because it displayed only a single phone !

............ with the amount of time and aggravation, I would have done better rigging up two empty tin cans and a piece of string.

15. alwaysright

16. alwaysright

No wonder I'm going mad........................ and not just because it's probably hereditary !

I have huge admiration for anyone who works for our Health Service --- but ---
    My mother, who has severe dementia, is ( was ) due for knee replacement surgery at the end of February. Recently her blood/iron levels have fallen - to the point where, at her pre-assessment last week, she was told that the surgery was to be delayed whilst she received an infusion of iron (( if necessary, after a course of iron tablets - situation to be reviewed on 1st March )) . She was not being removed from the top of the waiting list - but not to attend for surgery on 24th February.

Mum's mental condition means that she is oblivious to the Planet on which she lives ! The NHS have been asked several times to write to me or my brother with any updates, appointments etc -- NHS keep promising that would happen................................so - what did mum get yesterday ( whilst I am making a visit ahead of the Gills game ? )..................... and you have to remember that it was received by a woman with severe mental illness !

Mum received ONE envelope from the NHS. Inside were THREE letters - from the same department - ALL dated the same day. The letters would test the sanity of anyone.

1. Told her that surgery was being delayed until her iron levels rise.
    2. Told her that due to her health ( no mention of iron deficiency ), she was being removed from the waiting list for surgery- with no assurance of return.
    3. To attend on 24th for surgery.

You'd think that there was a simple error . I contacted the appointments scheduler at Medway hospital. She insisted that mum has been removed from the waiting list. I wasn't happy that she knew everything - so I contacted the secretary for the consultant. She was adamant that mum is required to attend on 24th - but - this was not what we had been told by the consultant at last week's pre-op assessment.

I had to insist on speaking to the consultant - and he confirmed that mum doesn't attend on the 24th. That she has not been taken off the waiting list --- -- He said that he was fully aware of my mum's case - and that she will very soon have her double HIP replacement !!!! -- I had to remind him that surgery was on her knee ! ............ should I get a tattoo done on mum's knee - to prompt the surgeon ?

17. alwaysright

If you upset your dentist - he'll give YOU the 'needle.'
    talking of things about the NHS, reminds me of an incident which happened to an associate of mine.

Many years ago, when he was about 20 years old, he had to go to the dentist for an extraction of a troublesome tooth. The chap had ( has), a phobia about needles - and pleaded with his dentist to give him gas rather than stick a needle in his mouth.
    Apparently the dentist was most displeased with the request for gas - and an argument ensued -- but -- ultimately the patient got his wish - and was 'knocked out.'

When the chap 'awoke', the dentist stated that the procedure had been a success - and that he could guarantee that the patient was never going to have a problem with his teeth in the future -- the dentist then promptly handed a tray to my associate - containing ALL of his teeth ! The dentist stated that he was fed up with the fuss that my associate had made, and wasn't prepared to go through the nonsense of providing gas each time it would be requested - and removed ALL of the teeth.

After I apologised for laughing, I asked the chap if he had sued the dentist - but was told that he was young and felt intimidated by the trauma of the incident. He now looks like grumpygit's avatar !

18. alwaysright

Hoofball can damage your health !....................... is it possible to teach common sense using crayons?

Yesterday, I attended a reception in a school hall. I knew most of the people present. They included a few 'Senior' citizens as well as some parents of young children - including about 4 or 5 boys of primary school age.

The boys got restless, and one found a football - and they all began to play in an empty part of the hall. It wasn't really the right time and place to conduct their game - but tolerance was granted - even if I knew it would end in tears (( and I'm alwaysright )).

It didn't take long for the ball to stray and venture amongst the guests....... did I mention that there was food and drink on the tables ? A couple of people around me asked the boys to ''be careful'' - but none of the parents seemed bothered enough to intervene.

Soon, the boys evolved their game - and took it in turns to see how high they could kick the ball [---you know where this is going !

One of the young lads -- a budding Gills defender, managed to hoof the ball nearly as high as the Medway stand, and with absolute no accuracy regarding direction. As the ball re-entered Earth's atmosphere, it came down onto the side of the face of an elderly female guest at the next table. The ball knocked off her spectacles - and gave her quite a shock................. enough was enough !

I called out in my usual QUIET voice '' Excuse me, will the parents of the boys keep them under control before somebody loses an eye ?''....... The game was suddenly abandoned - but - one of the mums ( her twin boys were part of the 'game' ), came over to me ------- I think she's been watching the antics of Steve Evans.....

She asked '' Which boy kicked the ball?'' I knew what she meant - but had no wish to point out any scapegoat. I replied '' That is irrelevant because they were ALL kicking the ball. Didn't you see them trying to hit the ceiling.? She said '' But you can't blame all of them, if only one boy kicked the ball '' ( hitting the elderly lady ). I said 'They were all playing the game- the parents need to control ALL of them''. The stupid woman still argued '' But you should only speak to the boy who kicked the ball.''

I was staggered at the idiocy of the woman. I told her '' If you can't understand my point, then you obviously have a difficulty with basic common sense. If I try to explain my point in any simpler terms, I'll have to use crayons. I pity you, because your boys will continue to give you grief until you learn basic parental responsibility or basic common sense - which go hand in hand.''........ she walked away - to her ' naughty step.'

Last edited: Feb 24, 2020
  19. alwaysright

A different type of Hoofball --- definitely one for brb (( that's him with the grey cap )) - -watch the video - it's only a few seconds long - but very entertaining -- and no VAR in sight !
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-51445310

brb likes this.
  20. brb

brb CR250

As a young lad, there wasn't much I didn't know about the game, I used to be the encyclopedia at school on everything to do with football, from the highest score ever in a game, to who won the most trophies. I could name you every football ground, and probably most the nicknames to. Sadly the Premier League came along, and i had family, so basically lost interest, and the old grey matter fades. But one thing I do remember is exactly how the game used to be played, hence what you have highlighted, and it just fascinated me, and my interest grew from there. Too old for it all now :(