1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The (Sir) Alwaysright Gordon Road Stand Thread

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by brb, Nov 16, 2012.

1. brb

brb CR250

Clintons inappropriate relationship with another woman, or about as close as he would get...

please log in to view this image

alwaysright and grumpygit like this.
  2. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

Dominic Cummings is not an MP, yet there is a massive furor over his trip, it seems that everyone wants him sacked including Lisa Nandy the Labour MP.
    She was demanding his sacking, yet at the same time defending Stephen Kinnock Labour MP, for driving from Wales to London to celebrate his fathers birthday.

alwaysright and brb like this.
  3. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

Is that what people call " Dogging"

brb likes this.
  4. alwaysright

I refer to the title of my previous post '' Do as I say, not as I do.'' ...... perhaps I should have edited it ; '' HYPOCRITE ''

5. alwaysright

I was going to ask about Dominic Cummings --- but

Boris Johnson refused to answer questions about DC during the daily Coronavirus briefing --- well - actually - that's not strictly correct ......
    Boris Johnson refused to allow **any such questions..................

............ I didn't realise that I had become so stupid - I thought there was freedom of speech in this country ( and, of course, BJ would still be allowed to refuse to respond -- and if he doesn't get the sack out for his mate, there'll be a P45 waiting for Boris at the next General Election. )

** I don't know if it was a rule for the Press or merely a guideline - who knows? ( Dominic Cummings ?? )

ps - I love Emily Maitlis ( it's OK, Mrs Alwaysright understands )

Last edited: May 27, 2020
  6. alwaysright

'Black lives matter' .......... but so does the lives of ALL people.... but - please forgive me for becoming (more) stupid as I get 'older'

In Minneapolis the National Guard have been deployed following riots - in protest of the death of a black man as he was being arrested.
    Protesters have stormed a Police station, and have smashed up shops, vehicles etc - setting light to much private property - WHY?

This is not the first time such behaviour has occurred after similar deaths 'at the hands of Police.' I can understand the range of emotions that the protesters have felt - but what I have never been able to understand is why such violence and vandalism is directed at private property. I simply cannot relate wanton destruction of random shops and cars as a suitable complaint against Police - or the alleged person responsible for the death.

I find it difficult to believe that the behaviour of the protesters does anything to uphold the dignity of George Floyd ( R.I.P.) -surely the dignity of Mr.Floyd is paramount.

I am not defending the actions of the Police ( I do not have sufficient / all facts to make an informed judgement ) - but - it cannot be right to dismiss the dignity of unconnected people and their business / property in the course of a protest - that's just hypocrisy.

R.I.P. George Floyd
    <peacedove>

brb likes this.
  7. brb

brb CR250

Like you mate, I am disgusted by the death of George Floyd R.I.P, my heart goes out to his family, friends and the people of the area. However, since, I've seen footage of people looting Target, taking lamps, tvs, many other eletrical items. I've even seen footage of a man with a chainsaw, wandering aimlessly on some mission, only knows what he was going to do with that. But I will repeat the words of the man that confronted the chainsaw carrier. 'This is about life, not about property.'

alwaysright likes this.
  8. brb

brb CR250

I've just seen another video from CNN, it was much longer footage that showed the situation to it's conclusion of putting George Floyd on a stretcher. I have no doubt having seen this footage it was murder. The victim actually went motionless under the killers knee, at that point bystanders demanded the officer release the victim, at which point the offending cop pulled mace (formula of pepper spray) from his belt, while his colleage stood between the murderer and protesting bystanders. When he was finally placed on a stretcher his body was limp and motionless, I would assume at that point his brain had already been starved of oxygen.

9. alwaysright

And what is really incredible is that the officer ( who knelt on Mr.Floyd's neck ), has NOT been arrested ! Yet a reporter from CNN was arrested for daring not to move during his report. How can the people in authority ( Dominic Cummings ?), be so breathtakingly arrogant, and get it so spectacularly wrong - I suppose I shouldn't really wonder when people go mad and start rioting.

brb likes this.
  10. alwaysright

The Law is definitely an ass ! - and, as I'm not ''hung like a donkey'', I need to be closer than 2 metres to stand any chance of (non ) conjugal rights

As you all know, I like to abide by all the rules ( my name is not Dominic Cummings. ) I have been reading about the new ''restrictions'' - and what powers Police have to enforce them.

I see that it is still a rule that forbids two people (( who do not live together )), to have an amorous 'meeting' indoors - but their is no legal requirement for them to be 'socially distanced' ( 2 metres apart ), except in 'the open.' ...... so - let me get this straight --

I can't have sex with somebody with whom I don't live (( I struggle to get that from Mrs Alwaysright at the best of times ! )), - but- I can put my hands all over them !( until she slaps me ) .......... didn't that used to be called 'foreplay?'

......Nobody will convince me that normal 'behaviour' has STOPPED since 23rd March, either indoors - outdoors - in the park - on the beach - up a tree - ANYWHERE !, even Barnard Castle - although not with your 4 year old child in the back of your car - unless your eyesight was so poor that you didn't see that you had the child with you - as you was giving your wife a birthday 'treat.'

There is no law that can be written that will stop people from fornication................ I would like to see a new graph at the daily Coronavirus briefings - to show the 'epidemic' of pregnancies in the last few months.
    I have to give credit to the Government - the aforementioned rule is not gender specific.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2020

11. alwaysright

And, as I'm being ridiculous (( Yes, I do realise that it may come as a shock to some of you )) - I would definitely plead ''Not Guilty'' to any accusation of being amorous ( You've only got to ask Mrs. Alwaysright )

I happen to know that much about Police training - in terms of learning 'The Law', involves learning many 'definitions.' These form the basis of their knowledge. The definitions will tell officers if an offence has been committed and what powers they have ---- For example, THEFT - there are actually 6 elements of an act of 'simple' theft '

A person is ONLY guilty of THEFT if they 1.Dishonestly 2. Appropriate 3.Property 4.Belonging to another, 5.With Intention to 6.Permanently deprive them. Each of the individual elements has legal precedents for clarification in Court............. and in case you thought that I'd suddenly gone 'off topic' -.........

..........I would be very intrigued to know what definition the Police have been given which describes 'amorous' activity ( Mrs. A wants to know ! )

12. alwaysright

Golly, I didn't know that !
    Before you call me racist - please read the 'history' part of the link - it shows that Robertson's never included the offending syllable to their products.

https://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://www.golligosh.co.uk/rotator/we%20buy%20badges%20click%20here%20for%20details.gif&imgrefurl=http://www.golligosh.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=8&Itemid=2&tbnid=AJdXFqY3-IIINM&vet=12ahUKEwih8O_vgIDqAhUIeRoKHc4sCegQMygjegUIARD8AQ..i&docid=Oxi6kBNiOOmrAM&w=160&h=240&q=robinsons jam logo&ved=2ahUKEwih8O_vgIDqAhUIeRoKHc4sCegQMygjegUIARD8AQ

An then we get load of nutters who can't NOT make a political statement out of everything.
    https://www.kentonline.co.uk/dover/news/anger-over-calls-to-rename-white-cliffs-228573/

I'm waiting for an idiot to complain that the Google symbol is racist - as it doesn't have a black ( coloured ) letter ! ( ignore the fact that it doesn't have a white coloured letter ! )

I heard that, in Ramsgate , a chap was threatened with arrest - because he dared to suggest to a participant of a BLM 'protest', that all lives matter. The Police who were called seemed to think that His one-man protest - for the recognition of all life, was more offensive than an illegal gathering by a group who clearly wanted only their form of bigotry..

Should we make Vera Lynn record a different version of the song ? ......... and why stop at the White cliffs of Dover -- I'm sure that some group of people can find something offensive about '' I can sing a rainbow'' - but then, I would say that they are 'away with the fairies.' (( did you see what I did there? ))

Last edited: Jun 14, 2020
  13. brb

brb CR250

I think people struggle with interpretation of the English language. When they say black lives matter, that's all they are litterally saying, that they matter, not that they matter more than any other life. It's a bit like when a cop has his knee on your neck, and the guy say's he can't breath, he's not asking to breath anymore air than anyone else, just asking to be able to breath! George Floyd R.I.P <peacedove>

alwaysright likes this.
  14. alwaysright

Black is a noun ( yes, I know that it is also an adjective. )
    White is a noun !
    Anarchy is colourless !

It is sad to see the death of another person ( Rayshard Brooks ), in the U.S.A. (regardless of his skin colour. )
    It is right that the World recognises the dignity of all human life (regardless of skin colour.) It is right that protest is made to emphasise this point - to rid the World of bigotry ( from people of all skin colours. )

What we have seen in Britain over the last week - and especially in London has nothing to do with any protest against racism. The behaviour of the thugs is nothing short of anarchy - and the only thing that such behaviour highlights, is that anarchy is the one tool that seems to bring people of all skin colour, to come together - united - to cause wanton damage and violence - and much hypocritical behaviour (( insofar as it relates to the ''rights'' of the victims of their anarchy. )) ............ and, trust me - it is hypocrisy..

We've been used to clapping for our NHS workers at 8pm on Thursday evenings - but - the same NHS staff will tell you of appalling behaviour at Hospital Accident & Emergency departments - usually by drunken thugs at weekends -- and come July 4th that normal state of affairs will return.

The Police Service will, very shortly lose any of the ( short term ) respect that it acquired - when the general public (reluctantly) abided by new regulations --- because we all thought that we were going to die if we didn't . As can be seen (everywhere) - the public have reverted to their natural reaction to authority --- the same Emergency workers to whom they will turn when they have a crisis (( or just plainly cannot wipe their own ar$es.)......

......... I suppose it doesn't help when we have Ministers who dither and give conflicting advice / tell you to do as they say - not as they do - who now will tell you that (( all of a sudden )), the Coronavirus disease is NOT contagious over ONE metre (( call me cynical - but the relaxing of the 2 metre rule will only be implemented because Business will otherwise suffer )) --

back on topic -Why the Hell did the BBC think there is a link between the BLM protests across the World and Grenfell Tower tragedy ---- seriously, how can a tragic fire in a tower block have any connection to racism. ? ------ and - just to be absolutely clear - the skin colour of THOSE victims is totally irrelevant -- or was the BBC trying to emphasis my assessment of ''Anarchy'' by trying to stir up anti-social behaviour from our Nation of Peacemakers ?

15. brb

brb CR250

To save me reinventing the wheel, I'll copy and paste something I wrote eleswhere, be interested in your view on it...

I honestly don't get why these cops in Atlanta shot dead Rayshard Brooks. I believe I've seen most aspects of various footage. the guy obliged with everything he was asked to do. Yes, the guy may have been pissed and failed a test, but to that point, there was no problem. Anyhow, a tussle ensued, one thing led to another, yes i know about the tazer, but.....why didn't they just let him get away, and pick him up later!?

He couldn't take the car, he had run away from it, the cops had his licence plate and he had already co-operated with everything, in full view of cameras. I don't get the training where cops have to aprehend someone immediately....let alone shoot the guy dead. The cops are their own worst enemy, someone really needs to retrain and educate them, stand back, what happens if he runs off......er he will have to walk home, sleep it off, then nick him later.

16. alwaysright

brb
    There are a whole range of factors in the answer you seek. I could simply say that in the U.S.A they shoot first and ask questions later.... and whilst I think that is a bad thing, that assessment doesn't give 'consideration' to the culture that exists in the US - where people routinely use guns. There seems to be an endless supply of members of that society who go around on a killing frenzy.

I expect that the Police in the USA have a different training regime - where they feel that they have to focus on a bigger picture than merely 'losing a prisoner.' -- what if that prisoner ( Brooks ), were to become 'unhinged' and start to indiscriminately use the Tazer' ? - this was probably enough to ''justify'' ( in the opinion of the Police ), in the use of deadly force ------- I am trying to guess what was going on in their minds.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing - and we can all be wise after the event. ....... In view of the tragic outcome, it is difficult to have much sympathy for the Police officer who shot Mr.Brooks. I believe that there are more than one 'victim' in this scenario - which has been played out many times previously - and, sadly will be repeated until Policy and Culture changes in the US. I have little doubt of the extreme difficulty of the job of a Police officer in the US, or countries where the use of guns is ''normal'' (( I know that Mr.Brooks didn't use a gun - but the use of firearms can only lead to a more violent society .)) ..... it allows me to have a sad indictment of (( a significant minority )) of the people of the USA - where the Police feel the need to use their guns as the only option. .......

I mentioned that I have little sympathy for the Police officer who fired his gun --- but -- stop and think on this; I would doubt that any police officer in the USA gets up in the morning with the intention of killing another human being ! When the events then unfold during their tour of duty, I expect that the Culture in the USA leads to the Policy that is routinely adopted - of ''drawing'' their .38 rarely (thankfully) without the same result. I am sure that, with hindsight both Mr.Brooks and the police officer would have acted differently...... (sighs)

So, in a nutshell - the (gun ) Culture in the USA, and Police Policy both needs to change -- otherwise I do not see an end to the residents of ' The land of the brave and free,' from dying by the sword with which they live.

brb likes this.
  17. brb

brb CR250

It's always a dilemma with policing, I don't like cops being armed, not even a tazer, but I also accept, there are situations, where a threat may have required one.

I know this is America, and we are talking from a British perspective on arms, but I just don't see the logic in the events that unfolded. The guy was a sleep he was harming no one. He took some awaking. He passed every test, except the last one, alcohol, I do not know what the reading was, but what I do know, he was fit enough to get away from two cops and out-run them!

He shouldn't have pointed the cops tazer he grabbed. He failed a breath test, but had no means of getting back to his car, without getting arrested. He spoke coherently and politely to the cops at all time. In fact he was your model citizen, apart from his 10 seconds of deciding to leg it.

But to shoot him dead!? IMHO having weighed everything up, the Cops are mad. I've known people in the UK under similar circumstances, where the cops just come back and pick them up later, albeit in them cases it was more desperate to do so, because no breathaliser had been carried out. Everything was completed on the black guy, down to knowing it was his car, his licence plate. Crazy messed up Americans.

18. alwaysright

Free school meals !..... ( you just know that I'm going to be controversial )

I would like to applaud Marcus Rashford for highlighting a situation relating to free meals ( not ) being provided to 'vulnerable' children during the summer holidays.

I personally feel that it is shameful that some children should be in a position where they cannot be sure of a meal over the holiday period. Children rely on 'responsible' adults to look after their welfare. In British society, we should not be having poverty to this degree. I believe that there is a State benefit system that 'should' provide at least the basic essentials - especially in terms of food.............. what is happening to that money ? I have friends who, through physical disability, are unable to work - and have to rely on the State to provide financial help. They have modest lifestyles - but - their children are properly clothed and fed every day.... so, I ask again - what is happening to the money that is ( apparently),not enough for other families ?

Maybe we should revert to giving a greater portion of benefits by way of voucher - that can only be used for foodstuffs ( not alcohol etc ). This would ( should ) help to ensure that benefits money isn't being 'abused.'...........................No - that is not the controversial bit -

I wonder if Marcus Rashford (( and plenty of other 'performers' )), would consider the merits of their income levels - and - if (he ) / they might feel guilty / embarrassed - or whatever, and maybe donate a decent chunk towards charities. .......I have been donating between 15 and 25% of my gross income to a range of charities - every year for at least the last 15 years. This year, the figure has increased to around 30% to help a few friends during the pandemic................

..........and if you think that I deprive myself of food, you only have to ask grumpygit or brb or Tim.... and my income isn't even in League 2 ( Prediction League** ) compared to Mr. Rashford !

** - brb- I did see what you said !

Last edited: Jun 16, 2020
  19. alwaysright

What a lovely chap -- oh, I've just realised his skin colour ---- It doesn't make a difference to me -
    Nor did it matter to Mr.Hutchinson when he helped another human.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53044138

Mr.Hutchinson could have been forgiven for thinking that the 'victim' was part of a right wing group, protesting against the BLM protesters.
    His family have been interviewed by the BBC... It is obvious that skin colour means nothing to these decent people - well done.

grumpygit and brb like this.
  20. brb

brb CR250

One of the best photos to come out of this mess. I saw him interviewed as well, he picked him up and the guys behind were his mates, so they protected him as he carried the guy to safety. Great story.

alwaysright and grumpygit like this.