1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The (Sir) Alwaysright Gordon Road Stand Thread

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by brb, Nov 16, 2012.

1. brb

brb CR250

It's already been said officially that Boris wasn't breaking the law <laugh>

Don't shoot the messenger :cheesy:

2. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

Are you telling me that 2 ''wrongs'' do make a ''right?''
    So, if Boris wasn't breaking any law - what law wasn't the ladies breaking ?......... It's not as if they were having a picnic - they definitely didn't have any Scotch eggs !

brb likes this.
  3. brb

brb CR250

In my mind the ladies and Boris are as bad has one another, and it don't set a good example, when they are practically screaming at people to stay at home.

grumpygit likes this.
  4. alwaysright

Ok - I understand what you're saying. - but, with Boris not setting a good example - he can't expect people to comply with what he, "says".... As for the Police, they did NOT have the LAW on their side ..... And, in a different case (( a 'senior' woman)) was arrested for failing to give her name to police -when they questioned her for sitting on a bench... I realise that the Police had the 'power's to arrest under the Police and Criminal Evidence LAW - but- was it really necessary to put her in handcuffs.... The same LAW makes it an offence of excessive ' force' by the Police.....

If the Government want to play 'heavy' with the 'Law', they need to uphold it, and allow the public to have the full protection of the Law..... Or are we in a Police State.?

Last edited: Jan 12, 2021
  5. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

brb, you really must calm down.

alwaysright and brb like this.
  6. brb

brb CR250

<laugh>

alwaysright likes this.
  7. alwaysright

where was the swear filter ?

Actually, it wouldn't have been funny without the profanities -- well done grumpygit -- as far as I'm concerned you've won 'post-of-the-year' (( I make that 2 years in succession )) - or as Jonathan Pie would say; ''Bol*****''

grumpygit and brb like this.
  8. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

Help required.......................

The Tv news, the newspapers, indeed all media, keep telling me that Scottish fishermen, UK fishermen, Guernsey fishermen, Irish fishermen,
    French fishermen, Dutch fishermen, Spanish fishermen are all moaning as brexit means they will have a quota reduction.

Where I need help is understanding where are all the fish going to go? the north sea is only so big, can it hold all the fish if every fisherman in the UK and Europe are catching less.

9. brb

brb CR250

On my plate hopefully. :cheesy:

grumpygit likes this.
  10. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

But only if you catch them yourself, the fishing fleets are all doomed.

brb likes this.

11. brb

brb CR250

Wasn't it back in the 80's they said we were going to run out of cod and we should all be eating pollock. Forty years on cod is still being served on my plate...doooomed.

12. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

it's all a load of pollocks to me.

brb likes this.
  13. alwaysright

grumpygit - gone phishing !

brb and grumpygit like this.
  14. alwaysright

Sod the diet - I'd rather be fat than pregnant !.......
    They didn't know about the baby until 2 weeks ago -- It's been born 'full term.'.... What did she think had happened - swallowed the Christmas turkey -Whole ? https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-somerset-55661411

grumpygit likes this.
  15. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

I thought women are given a clue every month.

16. alwaysright

Brexit - it's no wonder that it's turned out to be a '' Pig's ear.''

We seem to have had ' Brexit ' forever - but - it appears that it will never go away.. I haven't really understood why and how the negotiations could have taken 4 years before a last-minute ''deal'' was done.
    The article is worth reading to anyone vaguely interested in knowing why our lives will STILL be 'governed' by Brussels (( without the benefits of being in the EU.))
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/55648201

17. alwaysright

It never rains - but it pours !......................... it's been a while since you've had a tale of woe regarding my 'nutty' neighbour - here's the latest....

Yesterday's weather wasn't pleasant - lots of rain, and strong wind.. As I got up I was looking outside my bedroom window. I saw the rain lashing down. I saw some of the wheelly bins being blown around by the wind. ((Thursday is 'bin day.'))
    I also saw that a few drops of rainwater were being 'blown' off my roof every time there was a gust of wind. There really wasn't any problem here - or so I thought! I did happen to notice that these few drops of rainwater were being blown quite laterally by the wind's strength - and towards my ( nutty ) neighbour's property - where the rainwater would have fallen - quite harmlessly onto the ground.. ....but - for a brief moment, I actually wondered if my neighbour might give me grief -- and, as usual, I was (always)right.

....................... even so - I was a little surprised when she rang on my doorbell an hour or so later that morning. Her face was like 'thunder.' She screamed at me '' Have you seen the rain coming off your roof ?'' I calmly replied ''Yes, it's raining.'' This obviously antagonised her. She continued to shout '' It's coming over the gutter and landing on my path.'' I replied ''That's just a few drops that get blown off the roof each time the wind gusts - it's not doing any harm.**'' My neighbour said '' That's a typical reply from you.'' I replied ''What do you expect me to do about it?'' She said '' You're a man - do something!''
    I am now a little perplexed as to why my gender had been introduced into the proceedings. I enquired '' Like what ?'' My neighbour replied ''Phone somebody.'' This did nothing to make things any more clearer to me. I was trying to resist the temptation to be misogynistic, and had no wish to be patronising ( in response to her sexism.) I replied '' Well - surely you're perfectly capable of making your own telephone call ? '' ..... at this point I decided to re- enter my property and shut the door on her.

** Just before Winter began, I had my roof and gutters professionally cleaned - they were not blocked - it really was a very few drops of rain being blown by the gusts of wind - all falling onto an already sodden concrete path.

18. alwaysright

Oh - what's that I hear you say - you want another story ?..................... you're acting like a child at bedtime.....OK - just one more - but only a quick one!

This happened a few weeks ago - and I thought it actually wasn't worthy of comparison with the other nonsense, from my neighbour that I've told you about..... On the outside of my wall, at the side of my property, I have a short length of electrical cable - which runs to an outdoor electric 'point' (weatherproof socket.) This has proved useful - to power up tools and equipment - especially if I use my workbench out 'in the open,' instead of in my garage or shed.
    A few weeks ago, my nutty neighbour rang on my doorbell. When I answered I immediately saw the red mist of her expression. She shouted at me (( I swear that she must think that I am deaf - she only has one decibel level- screech ! )
    She demanded '' Get that off the wall.'' I struggles to know what the Hell she meant. I asked ''What'' She screamed and pointed to the cable and shouted '' That thing - it's ugly.'' I just had to walk away..... the only thing that I felt like tearing out was her throat. .......................................... now it's time for bed - go to sleep!

19. alwaysright

I'm not having a go at the Police, but...........
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-55778930

..... Just over a week ago, there were images of Police officers ( plural ), placing handcuffs on a 'senior age' woman - who had dared to refuse her personal details - when questioned for sitting on a park bench.
    The Police defended their actions - all in the name of the Coronavirus restrictions...... OK- I can understand the principle (( even if I cannot understand why it was necessary to use the 'excessive' force of applying the handcuffs - without good reason)) The Police have to justify these actions - they cannot 'just ' clamp them on as a matter of routine - BUT

Why were no arrests made in the above story - Police officers ( plural ) were injured after being assaulted ! .... So how do the Police justify just walking away without placing handcuffs on at least one yob........ or was it easier to use illegal force to restrain a passive little old lady ?

Don't get me wrong - the Police, NHS, Teachers are having a horrible time trying to keep us alive etc -- it doesn't need the Richard Cranuses of the World to live up to their name - However, it is a little churlish of the Police to be so heavy handed with basically an inoffensive lone female - just enjoying a rest on a bench as she 'exercised.'--- but allowed themselves to be roughed-up by genuine scum - without at least one piece of human excrement being brought to justice.
    While I have sympathy for the officers, it does the Police no favours when these incidents are compared with each other.

20. alwaysright

I didn't see it coming.....
    Last March the scientists suggested that Covid deaths in the UK could be as high as 100,000..... I imagine that many of us may have thought that they had been sniffing at their bunsen burner ---- well -- I certainly didn't expect the numbers to actually surpass the number of views in this thread -- and showing no signs of letting up ....
    but why am I surprised when there are so many people called Richard in the UK ( see previous post for details ! )