1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The ayoze perez appreciation thread

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Captainchaos., Feb 26, 2019.

1. G4rdToonArmy

G4rdToonArmy Well-Known Member

Didn't Ritchie do something similar? Maybe its some sort of forfeit between the players, hope Shelvey/Diame gets it next!

2. Charlie Dogscock

Charlie Dogscock Well-Known Member

Ritchie's always been blonde hasn't he? Although he seems to be a bit blonder than previously these days.

I'm not sure there's much scope for re-styling Shelvey's permanently bald scalp.....unless he gets hair tattooed on it!!

G4rdToonArmy likes this.
  3. G4rdToonArmy

Manquillo I'm actually coming around to and I can believe I'm saying that but he would still be in my top 3 to be replaced along with Atsu and Joselu obviously.

Past that I think Rafa will be happy enough with those at the club currently. We more need to focus on shifting the dead wood, we still have Gayle, Colback, Saviet, Aarons (who I'd keep instead of Atsu), Lazaar and Elliot to get out, add those to the three aforementioned players and that's 8 we need to get shot of in the summer.

Maybe spend the incoming money + what ever he's go to spend on (for me) a RB (better than Yedlin), LB (cover/competition for Dummett) and CF (to replace Joselu). Past that I'm happy with the squad and you have Murphy and like I say I'd keep Aarons as well plus some of the younger lads coming through.

4. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

Mate he's ****e. Yeah he did ok last night against a Burnley side who look tired and ****e, but he is no where near good enough. Murphy is also **** and needs shifted pronto. I wanted to give him as much time as possible but I've realised he lacks the technical ability to play at the PL level. I'd bite the bullet on him in the summer before his price plummets too much. We have some value with him and Gayle. We should all be crossing our fingers that Gayle and Murphy fire West Brom to promotion. They might take them or do a deal involving Rondon. If they do its a triple bonus. We get Rondon. We offload them two. West Brom come up with them as two of the main men and it guarantees a struggle.

As you say we still have some deadwood. I want Aarons to do well as there is a lot of untapped potential there. He has started well with Sheff Wed (as has Lazaar actually), but I think one more lengthy injury and its time to forget him.

Massive positive from last night is how much fitter we looked than Burnley. From the off they were off the pace. Both sides made few changes and similar recovery times but you'd never know looking purely at energy levels. Credit to Rafa and his staff, we look in great nick physically.

G4rdToonArmy likes this.
  5. G4rdToonArmy

Fully agreed but I think people forget he is still young at 24 just seems he's been around forever as he was at Liverpool and Sunderland for ages and Rafa obviously rates him - although as a jurno noted Rafa did spend nearly the entire 90 walking Manquillo through the game. Like I say, of the squad here he'd be in my top three to shift. The rest who aren't here aren't a massive a concern but I'd keep Aarons and Muprhy as back ups or if you can shift them for reasonable fee's.

In terms of fitness, I know we've had a fair few injuries this season but since Rafa has come in we have generally had an around average injury table whereas before I use to wonder how we actually got 18 players out for games.

6. JakartaToon

JakartaToon Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I thought he did a lot better than Yedlin did on Saturday. Yedlin's distribution was awful. Agree though that Manquillo doesn't really add much going forward and has his defensive weaknesses as well. Think we should definitely be targeting a right back this Summer.

7. Warmir Pouchov

I thought he did well on Tuesday as I say. I just think he's otherwise a ****hawk. Nothing against him personally as he does seem to be always trying his best. He's just way out of his depth at PL level. I know our fans have a habit of getting carried away after a few results and a bit of feel good, but we should not kid ourselves and allow Mike's low bar setting to delude us. Manquillo is poor. Hayden is poor. Perez is ok but hasn't suddenly become great. The reality is a few good games against a backdrop of constant failure to be up to scratch, is not the basis for a rethink. If anyone is struggling with it, they need look no further than Diame's early season form after his 4-5 months of looking like Patrick Vieira last season. Again over a longer period there have been more bad games than good. You always have to mindful that players can improve of course, but everyone has a ceiling of performance, and Manquillo's is in a house made for smurfs.

8. Ben 10

Ben 10 Well-Known Member

He's fcking pathetic

9. Captainchaos.

Captainchaos. Well-Known Member

Interesting you're blaming him when in reality lejuene and dubravka are to blame if anyone.

West ham are simply a better side mate they've got our number

Flash likes this.
  10. Ben 10

Ben 10 Well-Known Member

I'm not blaming him, they've all been crap. But Lejeune and Schar are having off games, Dubravkas been OK. Perez is consistently hopeless

11. Captainchaos.

He's one of our best attacking players . Tip scorer last season.

G4rdToonArmy likes this.
  12. Geordie lass in the Fen

Geordie lass in the Fen Well-Known Member

I cannot appreciate Perez and it’s not just today. I never ever have, he’s a complete fraud of a footballer.
    He is a fookin powder puff and those ****ty flicks for passes he constantly tries does my head in.
    Hook him off and give Mutu a run out.

Ben 10 likes this.
  13. Captainchaos.

Bad fans blame individual players. . West ham are simply a better side and we looked tired today.

I don't think anyone had a good game today

We'd have been relegated without Perezs goals last season

He had a bad game but who didn't today

14. JakartaToon

JakartaToon Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I have rated Perez since we signed him. Its clear that Rafa rates him as well. He has probably played more games than any of our attacking/midfield players over the last 5 years.

He struggles when we play the more defensive set up as he doesnt have the strength to hold the ball up but he will fluorish when Almiron is on his game.

Flash likes this.
  15. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

I blame Pardew

Captainchaos. likes this.
  16. Warmir Pouchov

He was really cack on Saturday (as were a good few others). It was good in a way because those delusional types getting carried away were treated to a reminder that Perez and Hayden have not suddenly become very good PL players. Perez is decent but no more and Hayden is still a Championship midfielder. The manager has had them performing at a high level of late, and they are capable of these little surges in performance, but neither will make chasmic jumps now at 24-25. They can still get better of course, but not that much.

I like both because they try. I struggle to watch Perez at times because he is so pathetic with his diving (there was another on on Saturday). Other than that they both give their all. That is good enough for me. If we were richer we'd buy better players of course. We are not though so the best we can hope is we make the most of our funds, and the ones we do buy give their absolute maximum. One thing I will say about this current squad is, although they have their limits in terms of ability, I've never felt like they just aren't trying.

17. Captainchaos.

18. cronemeister

cronemeister Well-Known Member

Wot you saying like? <laugh>

19. Delusional Full Stop

Delusional Full Stop Here to serve all your counselling needs.
    Forum Moderator

He was fairly anonymous in the first half but boy or boy did he improve in the second half.

Albert's Chip Shop likes this.
  20. Captainchaos.

Even the ref was anonymous first half.