1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The big buck wins

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by Plymborn, May 15, 2011.

1. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I find it very sad that the power of money ( dumper trucks full of the stuff ) can brush aside all else and win the FA Cup. I hoped that Stoke City would overcome the vast chasm in wealth and win for the little fellow.

It shows how ridiculous it is when Stoke a successful Premier League club (8th in the league at present) can be seen as the small club,the underdog on this occasion.

Man City have reserve team players that cost more than the crippling debt that has nearly sent Argyle into oblivion.It just seems so obscene that a team of players chosen from the creme de le creme of world football, can take away the skill of moulding together a team of players to be a success, beyond their individual abilities by a talented manager.

Just think how small change to Man City ,Plymouths debt of £17 million really is and the chaos that has been caused to Plymouths creditors receiving only 0.77 of a penny in the pound.

The FA Cup used to be such a big end of season occasion,yesterday I missed it preferring to go up to the local gardening centre with my wife,thinking it probably wont be to crowded ,wrong it was very crowded.How many of these people like me would normally be sitting in front of the telly watching this yearly spectacular.

I didn't do a poll amongst my fellow shoppers just to check out if they would normally be watching the match,I admit I was tempted.

2. WestCountrylalala

WestCountrylalala Active Member
    Forum Moderator

Yes it's a very sad fact that small clubs are being squeezed out of football. Football used to be the sport of the working classes but this has changed and I don't think it has changed for the better. Premier league football has become boring and predictable where success has been bought, is that sport??? I don't think so. I think the likes of City, United and half a dozen others should form a league of their own and fight it out among themselves and leave the rest of it to the people. maybe one day it will all implode by a huge club going bust.

Meanwhile what can the average man do? I say support their local side and not subscibe to sky. The amount of money the big clubs owe is obcene, how come they can get away with it when little Plymouth are punished for owing a small amount in comparison? Things will only change if the masses turn their backs on these huge clubs.