1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

the biscuit curse is broken!

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by Captain Morgan, Nov 25, 2018.

1. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

Only the longer standing members of this forum will understand this - those who haven't been here since Martin Jol's first season can get the context of the following by checking out this thread, which occured after we blew a 2-0 half-time lead to get knocked out in the group stages of the Europa League. https://www.not606.com/threads/i-have-a-confession.108847/

I took my two lads with me to see the Southampton game as part of the celebration for my youngest's 12th birthday, which was Friday. At the request of my youngest, Mrs Captain had been baking again this week and had made her legendary ginger biscuits (if there's a finer biscuit in the world, I have never crossed its path). Without telling the boys I put a few of them in a bag and took them along. At half-time I produced the biscuits, much to the joy and surprise of the boys. It was only after the game that I realised the risk I had negligently taken, producing the once-controversial biscuits when we were holding a 2-1 lead in such a vital match. Rest assured, there was no hint of celebration involved and certainly nothing, other than ancient history - nay, legend - to incur the wrath of the football deities. As you all know, despite Southampton's second half equaliser, we ran out triumphant and I can now officially pronounce that the biscuit curse has been broken (which is more than the biscuits were, despite being carried from Bournemouth in the most crowded train I have ever experienced).

Last edited: Nov 25, 2018