1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic The Boris Johnson Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Albert's Chip Shop, Aug 28, 2019.

1. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

2. Albert's Chip Shop

Forum Moderator

3. Albert's Chip Shop

Forum Moderator

4. Albert's Chip Shop

Forum Moderator

5. JakartaToon

JakartaToon Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

People have been banned for spamming with this sort of crap on the Premier League board. Just because you think you are Moderator President doesn’t mean the rest of us can’t have you dethroned.

I would be interested in what you would like to see as the most important actions taken by the next government and how that fits with the current conservative manifesto.

I agree that Corbyn has gone overboard with some of the promises but there is far more in the labour party manifesto that I agree with than in the conservative one.

Two examples:
    1) free Tertiary education - University education for those who have the ability rather than those who can afford it
    2) renationalise water, energy and transport - use the money these make to fund government programmes rather than allowing foreign owners to repatriate profits

6. Darren Peacock’s Ponytail

Darren Peacock’s Ponytail Well-Known Member

Point 1, those who have the ability, my only issue with this is the vast quantity of students these days do less than worthwhile degrees like golf studies.

Point 2, yes we should re-nationalise but at what cost when we have millions in poverty and even more using food banks

7. Darren Peacock’s Ponytail

Darren Peacock’s Ponytail Well-Known Member

So..... Just seen a Tory policy on the manifesto.... ****S

Giving more money to ofsted when they are outdated, not fit for purpose and really do cause major issues as usually they are either failed teachers themselves or have been out of teaching for a long time.

Ofsted make their decisions based on data so why visit anyway.

Goes to show that the Tosspots do not value one single person in education. Not the staff, not the parents and certainly not the children

8. aberdude

aberdude Well-Known Member

Honoured is that the word used to explain political stitch up these days...... You my son need to be watching children's TV and not touch the political minefield.

9. JakartaToon

Forum Moderator

Agreed on the student stuff. I think we have dumbed down Tertiary education in the UK, when we greatly increased student numbers. I have no problem having a layered Tertiary education system but recognise it as such and ensure that Universities are for the top level of students. "Polytechnics" are for the next level down and should focus more on skills implementation.

Flash likes this.
  10. Welshie

Welshie Chavcunt fanboy dickhead

The university model we have in the UK is standard European now and is in line with most countries. Its a ****ing terrible system.

Unlike in America, where going to "college" is quite a big deal and requires significant effort. The EU system is allowing almost anyone to attend and diluting the quality of the degrees.

I will never forget when my boss revealed that of our rather small department at the housing insurance company I worked for had four members who studied Criminology.

The drunk boss said "They're all **** at managing accounts, But if there's a murder. We are on it."

Delusional Full Stop likes this.

11. Welshie

Welshie Chavcunt fanboy dickhead

Schools contribute to this, by the way, I remember my last two years of education being inundated with the ability to go to university,advertising local colleges and telling me to pick my degree at 15.

I see this same system here in Norway, were kids are so stressed that they have anxiety and depression rates through the roof and now teenage suicide is at an all time high. Suicide Instagram groups are all the craze.

At least in the UK compared to here, without a degree you can get a good job and have a very good career if you knuckle down and work hard. In Norway, often the case is you can't even get into a poor office job without some form of degree. They require a certificate for EVERYTHING here, no matter the role. And essentially it's all diluted **** which isn't worth the paper it's printed on when you travel abroad (as my friend who mastered in geology has informed me.)

Compared to other countries, I'd go as far to say that the UK has one of the best in all of Europe. Which since leaving the UK I have realised across the board, we have probably better than most and pay significantly less for our services per head. Why anyone would like an austerity ridden anti spending, big bank institutionalised organisation like the EU influencing our public services is beyond me. They are a negative impact on everyone.

12. Albert's Chip Shop

Forum Moderator

Get Brexit done.. thereby honouring democracy :bandit:

:evil::emoticon-0158-time:

13. Howe's about that then?

Howe's about that then? Well-Known Member

Point 1, bang on.

Point 2, it is ultimately, hopefully, an investment rather than an expenditure. Hopefully it can help to lift people out of poverty whereby they are not using food banks

JakartaToon likes this.
  14. Big Ern

Big Ern Lord, Master, Guru & Emperor

But you trust Boris, despite him being a proven compulsive liar?

Munson. likes this.
  15. JakartaToon

Forum Moderator

You are even starting to sound like your hero now.

You will be shagging other peoples’ Mrs next. By the way where is Pouchy now?

16. Dr Nickilas Van Helsing

Dr Nickilas Van Helsing Well-Known Member

the conservatives will win by a landline … labour have no chance been saying this from day 1 …. were ****ed

17. Ben 10

Ben 10 Well-Known Member

Not even going to bother voting

Munson. likes this.
  18. Dr Nickilas Van Helsing

get in your ****ing golf and vote

19. Ben 10

Ben 10 Well-Known Member

Nobody deserves my vote

Munson. likes this.
  20. Dr Nickilas Van Helsing

look someone somewhere that does needs your vote, so get in your ****box and vote

Ben 10 likes this.