1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The boxing

Discussion in 'The Premier League' started by Sweats, Nov 29, 2018.

1. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

I expecting Fury will kill the fight. He'll keep a distance or be close in, never letting Wilder find his range. Fully expect a boring Fury points victory.

NSIS likes this.
  2. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

Fury is incredibly light on his feet for such a big man ... I think he will have Wilder gasping for oxygen by the end of the eighth and might even knock him out from then on ... just my opinion ... but don't cry if I'm right and you haven't put money on it <cheers>

3. Saf

Saf Not606 Godfather+NOT606 Poster of the year 2023

It's not going to be pretty to watch, mate. Fury will just stay out of the way of Wilder and jab his head off for 12 rounds.

4. Saf

Wilder isn't on the same level as Fury. He needs to land that big hammer, which I can't see happening.

5. Saf

Talking to myself now. Off to bed, Saffy <doh>

6. NSIS

NSIS Well-Known Member

That’s what I’m expecting too.

Which is why I can’t be arsed to watch it.

7. If it was in the UK or Europe I would watch it but can't be doing with the 4AM start time any more. Shame really - used to love sitting up for those fights but I'd be ruined for the whole of Sunday and probably most of Monday these days!

pieguts and Rorschach like this.
  8. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Hope the cheating Gypo **** gets his head taken off.....

9. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Also, do we think Joshua will grow a pair of balls and actually agree to fight the winner of this match?
    I think his management team have coddled and protected him enough.
    They want to maximise his earning potential, I understand that, by keeping him undefeated for as long as possible, but sooner or later he is going to have to fight Wilder.
    Maybe he is hoping Wilder will lose and/or die of old age before it can be arranged and then Fury will test positive for another drug and get banned a second time.

10. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

I see it as the other way around - Wilder's people are protecting him by offering Joshua really **** deals for a fight.

Aside from a title Wilder has nothing to bring to the table - he struggles to sell out 10k seat stadiums in his home state.

It says a lot that the only way that he could get a fight with Fury was to offer a 50-50 deal - someone who had been out of boxing for 2 years and had two boring fights after.

Blueman likes this.

11. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Well it's not like Fury is a nobody, he was the undisputed champion before he was stripped of his titles.

Your first line is pure BS. He hasn't been offered **** deals at all, he offered him a 50-50 split, same as he offered Fury, and why not? They are both Champions, and both undefeated. IMO all fights should be 50-50, both men are in that ring fighting.
    If Joshua really wants to prove himself the best in the division, he would take the fight regardless, to unify all the belts. There is a **** ton of money in that anyway, regardless of the purse on offer for the fight itself.

12. Stan

Stan Stalker

Don’t think Joshua can be accused of dodging a big fight when he was prepared to take Klitschko on in his 19th pro fight.

13. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Joshua is 15 years younger than Klitschko. Klitschko was great in his day but everyone knew he was over, after Fury took his belts, he was done. He didnt have that hunger any more.
    It was a big fight, but one that Joshua was almost certain to win, against a big name, so it was a smart move.

14. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

Joshua has dodged no one. It’s Hearn who made sure the Wilder fight didn’t happen this year.

15. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

To be fair, you are right, I get the impression its more Joshua's management than Joshua himself who are dragging this out.

Deleted....... likes this.
  16. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

It is. A Joshua fight makes multi millions whoever the opponent. That is massively diluted if he loses his belts and loses his unbeaten record. Hearn knows fine well that Wilder is the most dangerous current opponent out there and has the tools to knock AJ out, so whilst it’ll still happen at some point (assuming Wilder beats Fury) it made sense to fight the winner, as Fury would be less of a threat imho, and I’m sure Hearn sees it that way.

Bodinki likes this.
  17. Saintmagic

Saintmagic Well-Known Member

Fury is comfortably the best technical boxer at heavyweight level, Wilder can throw bombs, provided he doesn't fall over whilst he is throwing he should win. I still think Fury has just done this as a pay day with the added bonus that if he wins then he gets a shot at Joshua.

My mate text me saying both have rematch clauses so neither will fight Joshua in April, not sure where he got that info from.

18. Matth_2014

Matth_2014 Well-Known Member

I hope Tyson Fury wins, I have a lot of respect for him, He’s an advocate for mental health as well.

Burly Hurley and Deleted....... like this.
  19. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

Tyson to "rope a dope" ... round 9 <ok>

20. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Well its the next logical step for whoever wins to take on Joshua, unify all the belts and be the undisputed best heavyweight in the world.
    I hope that person is AJ, but have a feeling its going to be Wilder.
    I really cannot stand Fury at all, so hope to god it isnt him.