1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Canary Dave

Discussion in 'Watford' started by geitungur akureyrar, Feb 1, 2014.

1. hornethologist a.k.a. theo

hornethologist a.k.a. theo Well-Known Member

A '39 Steps' re-enactment?

2. Bolton's Boots

Bolton's Boots Well-Known Member

It happened back in the late 80s from memory - but I'll still pass that tip on to Moffat police. It should help their clear-up rate.:)

3. andytoprankin

andytoprankin Well-Known Member

Have a good rest, mate. I have to say, my hearing has deteriorated over the years, too.

4. oldfrenchhorn

oldfrenchhorn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Morning all. Bright and sunny, and it is going to be warmer they say. Looks as though we have a mouse problem again as droppings have been found. About this time each year the little blighters find a way in, probably to set up home in the warmth. Out with the trap to capture them, then a trip to release them some distance away. Have a good day everyone. <ok>

5. hornethologist a.k.a. theo

hornethologist a.k.a. theo Well-Known Member

I never bought it but they used to sell a concoction in France called souricide!

6. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

I think it is still available, but we haven't used it either, preferring to catch the litter blighters in a humane trap, then moving them to a now location.

7. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

Morning all. Quite foul out there, wet and a blustery wind. Mme has gone out to a French lesson, complete with mask, pass sanitaire, and €3 for the the lesson, that includes coffee and biscuits. Outside stuff is out of the question, so I will get the vacuum cleaner on the go and have a tidy up while she is out of the way. I wouldn't wish to hoover her up after all. Have a good day everyone. <ok>

Toby likes this.
  8. Bolton's Boots

A worrying time in the BB household. My wife, a Primary One teacher, has had five of her class off with Covid since last week. This morning she woke up feeling like death warmed up - went to our GP and was prescribed some anti-biotics and ventolin for a couple of her symptoms as well as getting an apppoinment at the nearest testing clinic for this morning. After she went off for her test, I drove our daughter, who works late shift at the same school, to work and dropped her off. On the way home, I passed my wife driving towards the school, which I thought was odd as she had been told to self-isolate at least until her test result is returned. Turns out that the school told my daughter to go home, get herself tested and self-isolate too.

So they now both have their feet up, I'm chief cook & bottlewasher, laundry maid, in charge of the vacuum cleaner, as well as sole carer for Tess the dog and Mac the cat - and wondering when the symptoms will hit me...

Toby likes this.
  9. duggie2000

duggie2000 Well-Known Member

Hope everyone is ok

Things could be worse, you could be a Luton supporter on top of all that (or even without all that)

10. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

Oh what woe! Do they feel like eating though? A healthy broth might help if they are up to it. Hope they feel ok pretty quickly.

11. yorkshirehornet

yorkshirehornet Well-Known Member

Hope things are OK BB..........

Morning from Limousin. The drive here did my back in again..... so visits to the osteopath and sleeping on mountains of pillows is the answer. Yesterday my wife drove me to the osteopath and her part of the deal was a trip to the big supermarche in Limoges...... two hours later we arrived at the wine section and I was too tired to show any enthusiasm at all...
    Sunny here this morning... and a work day on zoom....

12. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

Morning all. Sunny here as well, but the temperature certainly drops in the evenings. Go outside as the sun sinks behind the hills and there is a smell of wood smoke in the air. It is not cold enough to want the wood burner going or to turn the central heating on, but I certainly need to get the chain saw on the go. I have several fallen trees that need to be cut into half a metre lengths, brought up to the barn and dried out before next month. My son in law, a tree surgeon, is the ace performer with my chain saw and can cut a tree into logs in half the time it takes me. A dry spell is forecast, so as the son in law is busy in England I might get some wood ready. Have a good day whatever you are planning. <ok>

13. J T Bodbo

J T Bodbo Well-Known Member

Hope you enjoy your stay. We miss our little cottage in the Charente dreadfully. The more so given the mess we are in here. Still , we have it to look forward to some day when Mrs J T is better. Meanwhile, I am about to add battery storage to my solar p-v . I'd like to add an air source heat pump , for the h-w, but the economics don't stack up. Anyone else going down the same path ?

14. Bolton's Boots

Test results back - daughter negative but wife positive. Amazingly, she is far more upbeat about it than me - perhaps due to her positive nature?

duggie2000 likes this.
  15. yorkshirehornet

all the best..

16. duggie2000

duggie2000 Well-Known Member

You mean yours isn't

17. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

Morning all. Bright blue sky, but quite chilly and a heavy dew. I did some grass cutting when it appeared to have dried up a bit yesterday afternoon, but still very wet where the grass was long. La Poste has just delivered a new cover for Mme's tablet, as the old one was in shreds. €8 was the cost that seemed reasonable, but looked at the postage, €3.20. Opened up and find a perfect cover, but also three screen protectors and a pointer thingy whatever that is called, plus the packaging, probably another €4. It all came from a small company in northern France, via a French competitor to Amazon, who would have wanted a commission, Just where is the profit I wonder? Certainly very tight margins. Have a good day whatever you must do. <ok>

yorkshirehornet and Toby like this.
  18. yorkshirehornet

We ordered two new UK stickers for our number plates as GB isno longer legal, thanks Boris, and they came in at£1.79 post free.. Crazy pricing really..

Meanwhile was 2 degrees here yesterday followed by a lovely sunny day...

19. Bolton's Boots

Sunny France, eh... Meanwhile, up here it was 19C.

Crazy weather - something's going on, and I'm not convinced it's good.

20. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

Morning all. A misty start to the day, but the sun has burnt it off quickly and a dry sunny and warm outcome is expected. It seems as though I have a new next door neighbour, although I haven't seen him, just the car that keeps returning full of household goods. If it is the man who interviewed me when he came to view the house, good. We got along quite well, and there were only a few times that he looked puzzled by my mangled use of the language. Removal vans are not very common here. People will hire a van from the supermarket, rustle up a few friends, and move themselves. Hope that all the people who have illness, or aches and pains at home are feeling a bit better today. I will not be so good later as a trip around the supermarket is always draining. Have a good day everyone. <ok>