1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Chelsea, Spurs and Arsenal thread

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Bucks Blue, Feb 25, 2013.

1. Cech-Headguard

tbh HIAG is just funny to take the piss out of thats why I hope he's never banned from our board.

2. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Ditto. He is always wrong and reminds us how lucky we are to support Chelsea

3. crocarno

crocarno Member

HIAG and PESKIE should get a room and resolve all their sexual frustrations on each other. Then we all might get some peace & quiet

4. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

<laugh> Here's the other half of the chucklebrothers turned up on cue.

So what you're saying is that HIAG deliberately posts ****e, so that opposition fans can come and take the piss out of him and have a good laugh at Spurs in the process.

This is exactly why it's so much fun rinsing HIAG wherever he goes <ok>

5. PowerSpurs

PowerSpurs Well-Known Member

HIAG is one of the cleverest posters on here: just outrageous enough to get other fans wound up without causing offence. He's mostly right as well: there has been a London power shift. Spurs spent years 20 points worse than Arsenal and Chelsea and are now near enough the same standard. There will be further shifts in years to come but in what direction who can tell

6. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

<laugh> Watch out, this 'Hiagism' disease is infectious

7. Drogs

Drogs Well-Known Member

The only power shift in London over the past 15 odd years has been Chelsea overhauling Spurs with tons of major silverware :)

8. CFC: Champs £launderx17

When spurs play champions league regularly and win Prems over an extended period then there will be a power shift

9. SpursDisciple

SpursDisciple Booking: Mod abuse - overturned on appeal
    Forum Moderator

? whatever power shift means, it doesn't need to include that. If we were routinely mid table, often meaning Arsenal and Chelsea were mathmatically out of reach by early April, then staying within a few points is a shift in the fortunes of all three teams. We will never dominate while the resources are so unequal, but catching you up is a welcome shift for us.

10. Robby202

Robby202 Well-Known Member

Just put that Hiagism right for you Mr Spud. <ok>:emoticon-0103-cool:

11. District Line

District Line Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Is he clever or not though? The pseudo-wummery makes it impossible to know what his real thoughts are.

The only power shift has been between Chelsea and Arsenal. For just over 30 years, Arsenal were the major footballing force in London and when Abramovich arrived, that power change hands. Back to back title wins coupled with a double and Champions League win + several finishes as London's top club instils us as London's best for now.

Spurs have improved without doubt, and most would agree they are great to watch but if they still aren't as good as Arsenal's worst team in 15 years and Chelsea's worst in about 10 what does that tell you?

With the transitional phase reading its head and Arsenal/Chelsea likely to spend big it's likely that its been a missed opportunity for Spurs especially given your lack of financial muscle compared to them.

The idea of a power shift is nonsense. The only place where there really has been one is in Manchester.

12. District Line

District Line Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I don't think it's just down to that. Power Shift is as much to do with mentality as it is results on the pitch.

Alex Ferguson 2009 "City are just noisy neighbours, Liverpool are our biggest game"

Alex Ferguson 2011 "It [6-1] was the worst defeat in my career"

Alex Ferguson 2012 "City are our biggest rivals"

That's a real power shift, in my book.

Expectation is far higher at Chelsea/Arsenal than at Spurs. Mentality is as much to do with a shift in power than anything else, but in fairness to Spurs they do not have the kind of resources we do therefore expectation is naturally lower.

13. SpursDisciple

Forum Moderator

What a bunch of little girls you all are then. <diva>

14. Drogs

Drogs Well-Known Member

I didn't mind HIAG personally, didn't find him funny either though mind. If people were threatening to leave then it was a very wise decision to sack him off.

15. angelordevil

angelordevil Member

I took his insults to me with a pinch of salt, but agree he had to go if upsetting people

16. PowerSpurs

PowerSpurs Well-Known Member

Don't insult little girls!

17. Spurf

Spurf Thread Mover
    Forum Moderator

Or Big Girls!

18. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

He was harmless enough in a 'look at the village idiot making a tit of himself' kind of way, but ultimately it just got a bit boring.

What was funny though was the spurs fans waving their pom poms for him and genuinely believing that opposition fans were getting wound up by his foot in mouth comments <laugh>Anybody can make a tit of themselves and their club, but for somebody to actually believe it was successful wumming, was frankly a bit embarrassing.

I mean, I could go on the Utd board and talk ****e about their club and how Arsenal are going to overhaul them with their mighty Wenger Juggernaut and they'd laugh me out of town for it, that's not wumming though, that's just making a tit out of yourself <ok>

19. King Ossie64

King Ossie64 Well-Known Member

Well stupid is as stupid does. <ok>

20. SpursDisciple

Forum Moderator

Well you would know about boring. You've been the entire length of this forum telling people he didn't wind you up and therefore proved the opposite <ok>