1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic The "Discuss Anything Else" Thread

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by OddDog, Jun 23, 2013.

1. Deleted 1

Deleted 1 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Shortage of the usual suspects really stick and that's about it. Mind when the racing's good as it was last week then the thread does come to life again. Maybe we're now all too mature to talk about rubbish on line all day!

2. Bostonbob

Bostonbob Well-Known Member

Lads, never fear. When the Champ decides one's worth backing the Champ will stick a Daily Thread up named after myself of course.

When I pull on my punting pants i'll give everyone the chance to wade in with me.

BADA BING

3. Bostonbob

Bostonbob Well-Known Member

and it's coming tomorrow.

4. stick

stick Bumper King

Now I am worried

5. redcgull

redcgull Well-Known Member

Maybe there arnt the people out there who want to put there tips/picks for fear of getting slammed...? I dunno stick, it seems to go quiet for the summer then pick up when the NH starts... Though that dosnt stop me putting my 3 legged wonders up for consideration...<laugh><laugh>

Plus some might only come on here when the footy is on, and that's out of season also... Shame really as the Horse Racing forum is very good in my mind... Shame i dont contribute more to the winners column...<whistle><doh>

6. NassauBoard

NassauBoard Well-Known Member

For Fudge's sake, can someone explain something to me in a rationale manner?

Why do people go trainspotting?

Seriously, I understand people are fascinated by construction, I went to the Falkirk Wheel when I was in Scotland (think a crap version of the London Eye, but with water, and stupid canalboat people), and I thought it was a good bit of construction and invention. I love seeing an old Jaguar E-Type, or even a nice old steam train, but why would anyone spend hours upon hours stood at a station looking at modern slamdoor trains, trains with no fancy design or even plumes of smoke and whirring of pistons? Then to top it all off they either write some numbers on a bit of paper, or as found tonight, do the following -

Train passing through station - beginning to arrive - TS looks at watch, shakes head and then waves, smiles

Train passes - turns around and yells "You f***ing re***d, you are one minute late and didn't sound the horn when asked"

WHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?

7. Janabelle13

Janabelle13 Well-Known Member

8. SwanHills

SwanHills Well-Known Member

Nass: I could understand it with the old steam locos, but these diesel things? Very uninteresting.

9. Tamerlo

Tamerlo Well-Known Member

Good Day and welcome to a brand new edition of
    'ASYLUM'.
    Today's program features another chance to take part in our exciting competition:
    HIJACK AN AIRLINER
    And win
    A COUNCIL HOUSE !
    We've already given away hundreds of millions of pounds and thousands of dream homes, courtesy of our sponsor,

The British Taxpayer.
    And don't forget, we're now the fastest growing game on the planet.

Anyone can play, provided they don't already hold a valid British Passport, and you only need one word of English:
    'ASYLUM'
    Prizes include all-expenses-paid accommodation, cash benefits starting at £180 a week and a chance to earn thousands more begging, mugging, burgling and accosting drivers at traffic lights.
    This competition is open to everyone buying a ticket or stowing away on one of our partner airlines, ferry companies or Eurostar.

No application ever refused - reasonable or unreasonable.

All you have to do is destroy all your papers and remember the magic password:
    'ASYLUM'
    A few years ago, 140 members of a Taliban family from Afghanistan were flown Goat Class from Kabul to our international gateway at Stansted where local law enforcement officers were on hand to fast-track them to their luxury
    £200-a-night rooms in the fabulous four star Hilton Hotel.

They joined tens of thousands of other lucky winners already staying in hotels all over Britain .......
    Our most popular destinations also include the White Cliffs of Dover and the world famous Toddington Services area, in Historic Bedfordshire.

If you still don't understand the rules, don't forget, there's no need to phone a friend or ask the audience
    Just apply for legal aid.
    Hundreds of lawyers, social workers and counsellors are waiting to help - FREE
    It won't cost you a penny.
    It could change your life forever.
    So play today.

Iraqi terrorists, Afghan dissidents, Albanian gangsters, pro-Pinochet activists, anti-Pinochet activists, Kosovan drug-smugglers, Tamil Tigers, bogus Bosnians, Rwandan mass murderers, Somali guerrillas...the list is endless

EVERYONE IS WELCOME - INCLUDING ALL YOUR OWN WIVES AND CHILDREN
    COME ON DOWN !

Get along to the airport ! Get along to the lorry park !
    Get along to the ferry terminal ! Don't stop in Germany or France !

All European countries will willingly speed you on your way !
    Come straight to Britain
    And you are:
    **** GUARANTEED ****
    To be one of tens of thousands of lucky winners in the easiest game on earth.
    Everyone's a winner, when they play
    'ASYLUM'

10. Sir Barney Chuckles

Sir Barney Chuckles Who Dares Wins

I&#8217;m going to take a wild guess on this one but is it to spot trains?!?

Is everyone looking forward / dreading (delete as appropriate) Giddy Osbourne&#8217;s &#8216;Spending Review&#8217; which will be revealed in a few hours time??? There are people around here predicting the worst and ordering in sturdy pieces of rope but as I&#8217;ve assured them, &#8216;He&#8217;ll look after us will Giddy&#8217;.

11. Deleted 1

Forum Moderator

I used to be terrified of the spending reviews but have now just come to accept them. He's still in a no win situation. He'll make a load of cuts and be criticiesd for going too far and not going far enough and ultimately they won't make any real difference in the shrot term. i think that's what frustrates everyone - no matter what he does it seems to make little difference to the overall picture. Still, we knew this was going to happen but it would be nice to see even the smallest chink of light.

12. Bustino74

Bustino74 Thouroughbred Breed Enthusiast

Bring back Norman Lamont, he knew a green shoot when he saw one.

Very controversial Tamerlo. Immigration has been an issue no-one has been prepared to wrestle with for nearly 50 years. I don't think anything will change. Asylum seeking is just the far end of the immigration spectrum. Britain wants to be seen as a caring, tolerant society but is making it harder for its citizens to be just that.

13. redcgull

What say thee to this one Sir Barney...?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-23060592

CULTURE, MEDIA AND SPORT
    7% cut in budget
    Elite sport to be protected - BBC, please take note...!!!
    5% cut in community museums and arts

14. DreverSpur

DreverSpur Well-Known Member

This is what leaves me scratching my head...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-23074657

Granted, he hasn't been found guilty but why in the World would someone with that much potential risk it all by carrying out such a terrible act? It just amazes me.

15. redcgull

I see in the news today, if indeed this article is news, that George Osbourne was pictured eating a £10 take away burger while he prepared his Spending Review speech... The opposition said that his attempt to 'cultivate more of a down-to-earth image had backfired.'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-23077801

What are these politicians doing when at work when they are pulling up on a bloke who is eating a burger...!!! Surely they must have better things to do than argue over what feckin food someone is eating...!!!

Put this in the 'This is why this country is in the mess we are in' pile... Pathetic...!!!

16. Janabelle13

Janabelle13 Well-Known Member

Burger chain who supplied the meal must be rubbing their hands in glee with all that free publicity :grin:

17. stick

stick Bumper King

Laura Robson.......would ya?

18. Deleted 1

Forum Moderator

<laugh> Knew we'd find the level soon enough. Yes.

19. cityhull

cityhull Well-Known Member

haha I just text my mates the same thing............................resounding yes from me

20. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Should have said earlier; might have had a few bob on.