1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Eddie Howe is better than Bruce thread

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Dr Van Helsing, Jan 9, 2022.

1. Roland Deschain

Roland Deschain Well-Known Member

I think today the players around him are starting to raise a game. He's just much, much better. I think having Dummett back - and Ritchie nowhere to be seen - is a huge boost. So much more solid. Those two at full back made the CBs way better, which then makes midfield look better.

Now the main upgrades needed seem to be CB, CM, CF and RM. We get those four ahead of Everton, I think we might be alright y'know.

Ben 10 likes this.
  2. Joelinton's Right Foot

Joelinton's Right Foot Worth Every Penny
    Forum Moderator

Dummett has always got a lot of flack on here, but I like him as a defender. He'll never be the best at going forward (though not as bad as some would make out) but in terms of defending I think he is solid.

Roland Deschain likes this.
  3. Welshie

Welshie Chavcunt fanboy dickhead

Never dissed his ability personally, but his injuries problem make him far too unreliable.

Same with Schär, just cant keep them in the side.

4. Ben 10

Ben 10 Well-Known Member

I shat myself when he kicked it at our top corner mind <laugh> what the **** was that

5. Joelinton's Right Foot

Joelinton's Right Foot Worth Every Penny
    Forum Moderator

Didn't see the game - but I am sure he had it all under control <laugh>

6. ToonArmy1892

ToonArmy1892 Well-Known Member

I want Eddie Howe to do well firstly because that would mean Newcastle do well, secondly because he doesn't seem like a dickhead and is someone i genuinley want to get behind.

But results are all that matter, he needed that win today and i'm pleased for all of us that he got it.

Albert's Chip Shop and Seabass like this.
  7. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

mate he was all over the place and Trips had to tell him what to do half the time. I watched him on and off the ball and he’s really really ****.

Munson. and Roland Deschain like this.
  8. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

i agree here.

9. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

Some of his blocks and reading of the game was good though. I'm not fooled by one game.

10. Roland Deschain

Roland Deschain Well-Known Member

Not sure what anyone else was watching, but he looked ****ing awful. Some dreadful distribution, poor positioning. He did a couple of tackles, but Jesus he’s a PL CB, we’re handing out medals for bare minimums?!

I’m in love with Trippier. He’s unbelievably complete as a footballer and was glorious. Complete contrast to the clustefuck of Lascelles.

11. Dr Van Helsing

Dr Van Helsing Well-Known Member

Lacelles is a nice lad but he's just not upto it

Warmir Pouchov likes this.
  12. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

Did you watch it? Maybe the highlights looked bad but if you watched it I'm afraid you must be singling him out unnecessarily. He made countless blocks, some of them literally goal saving. I don't like him as a footballer but you've got to be balanced. We defended very very well. Every single one of them. Schar has loads of clangers in him usually, but he too was foot perfect. He too picked up really good positions which is not a normal trait, and as combo they were pretty faultless ( defensively). Same goes for Clark who is also not good enough. To crib any of those 3 performances is just daft in my opinion, it would suggest they can't win. I'd see it similar to Bruce's treatment in comparison to Rafa, choosing to ignore stuff in favour of the witch hunt.

Its a while since I could say it. He could have been better in possession but his positioning and defensive work was excellent. We would have conceded at least two or three on a normal week. Its not even like it could be ignored, the commentator made mention of him several times and at one point said "Lascelles clears it again at the front post, he's been in the right place all half". Leeds actually had the better of the midfield battle first half and we were under the cosh at various stages. Our defence stood up well. Mind I would say if Leeds had more up top it would have been trickier, they didn't have to deal with loads of movement in the box.