1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The EFL are dithering again

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Bigmackem, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Bigmackem

Bigmackem Well-Known Member

Apparently we are no closer to knowing when the new season is going to start with the meeting cancelled , can this group ever make up its mind without dithering . The clubs cannot make any plans until they have something to work toward , recruitment is going to be a nightmare and we certainly need some new players in sooner rather than later . The EFL know how many games will need to be fitted in and presumably how long the season will last so MAKE a decision and the clubs will have to abide with it or we are going to end up the same as last season with clubs not wanting to play out the season and voting to curtail it . The lower leagues in most of Europe managed to start playing again so we in the home of football found it impossible shows us. and the governing bodies in a very bad light I would suggest - The phrase couldn’t organise a p**s up in a brewery springs to mind .

2. clockstander

clockstander Well-Known Member

Taking their lead from the Government. <laugh>

Random lad and DH4 like this.
  3. The Norton Cat

The Norton Cat Well-Known Member

Its not just the Football League. Leagues lower down the pyramid don't know when they'll be able to start either and can only give a best guess of October at the moment. Its all dependant on when restrictions are lifted and when the government give the ok. As many clubs won't survive without gate money, the most sensible thing to do is wait and see.

4. cumbrianmackem

cumbrianmackem Well-Known Member

Never mind League One, when an I going to get back to walking football, I'm like a barrel now and need the exercise.
    PS going for a walk is not the same.

5. Bigmackem

Even the EFL1 is a professional league and should act accordingly ,Wycombe have been promoted to the Championship after finishing eighth having voted not to play out the season but we’re not adverse to playing in the play offs , it’s absolutely disgraceful. Wait and see I think is not good enough as a professional club you need to plan so we are not left behind .

Owld Feller and flandersmackem like this.
  6. Vincemac

Vincemac Well-Known Member

I am and have been walking on average 20 days per month 4 miles per day
    And I really struggle to hold my weight
    The only reason I don’t walk every day is
    I have other commitments and unable to complete the walk aswell

Sunderlad and cumbrianmackem like this.
  7. The Norton Cat

The Norton Cat Well-Known Member

Wycombe being promoted is a farce and it should never have happened. If you can't foresee when it will be safe to allow crowds in, there's not a lot you can do. If clubs are allowed to make the decision about whether or not they can afford to play games without making revenue from people coming through the door then a return could happen. If the clubs can't afford to do that, waiting is the only option.

8. Bigmackem

Wonder when they take their place in the Championship if games are still behind closed doors whether they will maintain their stance , would be interesting what the feelings of the rest of the league would be .

Ozzymac likes this.
  9. Vincemac

Vincemac Well-Known Member

I still say that the season should of been played to a finish