1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic The End

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Chief, Jan 22, 2020.

1. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

That's that, surely?

2. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

Perhaps Ole should be given more fkin time to completely destroy whatever it is that we have left.

3. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

The most weird and shocking thing in all this is that anyone would think any of this situation is Solskjaer's fault.

Any if it. Utterly ****ing weird.

How is it Solskjaer destroying United for absolute **** sake? He's no more than a pawn.

I want to know where the likes o of Swarbs are, champion of the Glazers, UIR is, champion of LVG.

Every one of these idiots is gone, can't be arsed anymore, disappeared.

Maybe now, after I've been saying it for over a decade, people will realise that the Glazers are going to destroy Manchester United.

Already have, if truth be told.

Don't say you weren't warned.

Stan and Diego like this.
  4. Christiansmith

Christiansmith Well-Known Member

The Greedy Glazers have been sucking the club dry of its finances. Its been an amazing cash cow for them and they stole it by a massive mortgage on the club itself without any significant cash of their own.

The club is very much in the doldrums like in the 70s and 80s. The key is getting the best manager. I'm afraid Ole is making too many mistakes. Why against Burnley did we not play Greenwood? Why did we let lukaku and Sanchez go without any replacement or any recall when we only had 3 strikers. Martial is at best inconsistent and Greenwood is so inexperienced.

Ed Woodward is ****ing around trying to make more money for the GGs. I can see United repeating the mistakes of the past.

5. glazerfodder

glazerfodder Well-Known Member

The club is valued at $5.9m after a huge hike in share prices in the last few weeks trading. That isn't down to on-field performances or an upturn in financial figures - something is happening.............

6. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

**** me, you wouldn't even get an U16 fullback for that let alone a full club <whistle>

DragonPhilljack likes this.
  7. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

I fail to understand why we are pointing fingers at the Glazers for the on field mess. If their crime is not getting rid of Woodward years ago, then guilty as charged. If their crime is not being actively involved to ensure club runs according to a vision, then guilty again. But we have spent as much as City and we have the largest wage bill. So what exactly is their crime? The debt? That's not a crime especially as they keep pumping money into the team which they have.

Our current form and predicament is squarely down to Ole due to his ineptness. He is to blame first and foremost and we need to own that as fans instead of looking for a bogey man in suit.

Tel (they/them) likes this.
  8. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

I believe that was $5.6bn.

9. Tel (they/them)

Tel (they/them) Sucky’s Bailiff

Rio summed it up perfectly, why let Smalling go on loan? Ole simply has to start accepting responsibility for this mess that he has helped create.

Brown nosing the owners and Woodward will lose him the support inside the stadium eventually, and those fans control whether managers stay or go.

He should never have accepted this job, if he knew just how big this club is And how much he claims to love the club, he should have been humble enough to say “I’m not good enough”.

The fairytale run he had was probably the worst thing to happen in hindsight.

10. Christiansmith

If he had a say in the level of recruitment and the loaning out of the strikers he has to take the blame. But it is looking likely that due to his inexperience and his desire to remain a nice guy and not to fall out with the money men, he is being railroaded into terrible decisions. A manager of stature would have insisted on 4 top strikers and midfielders of quality. I am getting the impression that OGS is too nice (soft?) to manage a club like United with such massive expectations.

11. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Never, wow <yikes>

<doh>

cytrax likes this.
  12. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Well well well, dark days indeed. There's so much to this it's hard to pin it down to one or two things. It's made harder to wonder what the problems are or where we'd be without the injuries. Not saying our problems are as a result of injuries but how do you guage just how bad individual players, the manager, the system, the tactics, the balance or specific areas are e.g. defence, midfield, attack is when it's being muddied by injuries.

I said in the summer we needed a quality creative midfielder. That's the one thing I think stands true injuries or not, but that's the only thing imo. The defence and attack can be given some leeway due to injuries but the midfield is lacking creatively even with Pogba and McTom back. This may seem trivial but is it too much to ask for a midfielder who knows and sees his next pass before he receives the ball? God you realise now just how lucky United were to have such an important player in Scholes.

The problem doesn't lie with Ole. In the end he may not be good enough, and there's no doubt it was a rash decision to give him the job permanently on a whim, but there's no way the situation we are in is his fault. I can't say I feel as angry about the Glazers as many others, but even if Glazers are part of the problem there's nothing really we can control about that. The one thing we can influence is Ed Woodward's position. He can be removed from the club and I think every effort should be made to get this complete and utter failure out of the club.

glazerfodder and Diego like this.
  13. Christiansmith

One of tonight's pundits said that united are in a false position. There is hardly anything between 5th and 14th. A poor run (the next few matches are really tough) would easily take the club from 5th to bottom half.

Strange league. United are really lucky (so far anyway!) That from 3rd downwards there is no outstanding team.

14. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Correct, we have a perfect example of that right now. He refuses to pay the (annoying) United tax for Fernandes which equates to around £8m but fails to realise that if we paid that extra money we could sell Pogba and end up with a huge profit and lower wage bill plus a player who will actually go on the pitch quite often and try.

The injury's are killing us now, we desperately need a striker and right winger as well as a creative midfielder.
    Scott McTominay, Matic and Fred are adequate to use any two of as DMs, (McT is pretty good box to box now too). James will never be a RW, he is best used on the LW or in the same position as Rashford and Martial (left sided attacker who cuts in on his right foot). wan Bissaka is a superb RB but will never be wingback, he trips over his own legs when trying to dribble and has no idea how to cross.

In short, sell Pogba and buy Fernandes to make a profit and strengthen the team, buy a RW and were done until summer, then priority should be an out and out striker and another top CB with some pace (watched the U16 on Monday, we have a lad called Mengi at CB who is built like a tank and looked very good in the one game i have sen him).

Treble likes this.
  15. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Tbh United are in as much a false position as Chelsea, Spurs and Arsenal. It is a strange league.

Diego likes this.
  16. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Why are we always so slow and laboured in the transfer market? Wasn't the main reason for Ole's permanent appointment so that we'd get all our signings lined up. That didn't happen in the summer and now in January it's just as dire. I think we find ourselves in this position of being held over a barrel by agents and other clubs because we are so fcking slow and poor tactically in our targets.

I'd agree with most of what you're saying but I think I'm one of the few United fans who really rates Dalot. He was mostly played out of position last season, but when he was played on the right the lad was class imo. I think he would've really made his mark this season if it wasn't for the injury and deserves his chance. I'm hoping the injury hasn't affected him, tbh I can't wait for him to start and get a few games under his belt.

cytrax likes this.
  17. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

I rate him very highly, he is much better giong forward than defending though although his defending is fair.
    Every time i see David Gill sat next to Fergie in the stands i think "come back you ****er" and it isn't aimed at Fergie.

cytrax and Treble like this.
  18. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Yeh I definitely want Dalot as a RW not a wing back. David Gill was a massive loss. We need to get shot of Woodward and consider a proper Sporting Director. Apparently we passed up the chance to get in the bloke Liverpool brought in 2/3 years ago.

cytrax likes this.
  19. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

I can't look past Ole for all our failures, including the injuries and lack of contingencies which is ultimately the job of a manager. Perfect illustration is Rashford that is most likely done for meaningful part of the season because we couldn't find goals against Wolves at home. Each mistake is now having massive confounding effect.

We can pad these situations with words for ten threads, but the problem is clear... The Ole experiment is an abject failure.

20. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Who's next then and how long do they get?