1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread The Everton Debacle

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by The Ginger Marks, Dec 7, 2019.

1. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

Last edited: Dec 14, 2019
  2. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Yes, all this reactionary rubbish to one game, performance, goal etc is exactly what the club - and supporters - need to steer clear of as we build a team, which will have highs and many lows too.

Still amazed a team as inexperienced as this - with Kante and Rudi largely injured - has made last 16 of CL and is challenging for top 4. Incredible.

Yet another brilliant season to be a Chelsea fan

Naas Blue and The Ginger Marks like this.
  3. The Ginger Marks

Waiting for all the negativity that will no doubt flow from those who will moan at will re the Bournemouth game where we lost to a offside goal.

4. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Couldn't make match. Were we poor?

5. Chelsea Pensioner

6. Chelsea Pensioner

Last season Reece James, Tomori, Mount, Abraham and Pulisic weren't playing for Chelsea, bit tricky to champion their place in the team when they're not at the club. Neither was Jeremy Boga who I said we were crazy to sell. Now Barca want him, and we might get him back, along with Ake, another we were dumb to sell. Conner Gallagher I'd bring back in a heartbeat too. As I said, the Chelsea kids have been one of my bugbears for years, and I took loads of stick because of it,
    I still think we should have sold CHO to Bayern, especially because Sarri was very reluctant to give him game time. It's only since Lampard arrived that kids suddenly became the topic of the month, yet CHO is still not getting game time. As his form has disappeared, so Pulisic, who I definitely thought was a dud, has turned things around. He was a dud to start with too, but at the moment he's a better player than CHO. It happens with kids. CHO is either not over his injury, lost all his confidence, or possibly but unlikely, not as good as some thought. Whatever the reason, he is now an expensive bench warmer, who needs to earn his place all over again, which I hope he does.
    Tammy has improved his general play, but is now struggling a bit for goals mainly because little is coming to him from midfield. He is still getting all the game time and starts that Michy isn't getting. I wouldn't be so certain that Michy wouldn't be as good as Abraham with the same opportunities. As it happens, I think Michy will jump at the chance to move on and that might be best.Frank seems to agree with you about Michy. Ampadu I rate highly, Christensen has not stepped up, and RLCs' type of play is badly missing from our midfield.