1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic The Gaming Thread - Fifa 13, COD, HALO, SKYRIM...

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Gaddafi's Hat, Jan 29, 2011.

1. Darth Tash

Darth Tash Well-Known Member

They **** us over with pace at the back.

Saylor's sprint speed is only 62. He's quicker than that. I'd say around 66-67 sprint speed.

Colo should be around 72/73 acceleration and 69/70 sprint speed.

Neither Colo and Saylor are quick, but they're not slow, and faster than the average CB pair.

The main thing that's bad for us at the back is Colo also has **** agility on the game and average reactions which isn't like him. Saylor is, according to Fifa, weaker than Colo, and apparently has greater agility...

<doh>

Fifa suck cock/.

2. GGW

GGW Well-Known Member

I don't know about all the stats and ****, I just know that Colo-Taylor as a pair do indeed get found out for pace. I have to play Tiote and Colo at the back which isn't great arieally but luckily heading is as much about timing as it is the stats so I can usually get away with it.

3. Darth Tash

Have you tried playing with Willo? Rofl don't!

If Colo had the quick reactions he does in real life, then we'd have no problem in that area, buy Fifa think he's an all round slow player. Both players have good reactions in real life, but on the game they're ****ing slow as ****.

I play this formation online -

Ba---------Cisse---------HBA

----------Cabaye-----------

-----Jonas--------Tiote------

Santon--Colo---Saylor---Simpson

------------Krul-------------

It's a custom formation. I made Tiote's attacking work rate lower, and defensive work rate higher in the options, so he doesn't go forward too much and stays back and guards the back four.

I have Jonas defensive work rather high, but make him go forward more often.

I'm not trying to toot my own horn or anything, but I personally don't find pace at the back a problem. I've always been good at defending on Fifa and following runs of players off the ball ect.

It doesn't cost me the odd goal when someone manages to get a quick player behind the lines, but at the end of the day, I score goals, and win games.

I;d love to see my win ratio if players were using equal teams to me on custom games or Fifa games in general.

I've always played with Newcastle, I'm nearly always playing a 5 star team.

I love raping people with better teams.

Another tip - Unless you're 1-0 down and really are going for it, don't play ultra attacking football. Just play balanced.

4. Lucaaas

Lucaaas Well-Known Member

You'd probably be better off playing Simpson centre back. Good pace negates everything else, the best centre back I've ever had on Fifa was Maicon, he's just unbeatable.

5. BlastOff

BlastOff Member

I sold all my players and spent 100k on packs, bought a Bundesliga team for 50k... ah well. :(

Though I can still whoop ass in the online tournaments :p

6. BlastOff

BlastOff Member

Maicon at CB? I had him at RB and he was literally another winger, I'd get my ass handed to me if they exploited that, though did score some nice goals.

7. GGW

GGW Well-Known Member

------------Krul-------------

Simmo----Colo--Tiote-----Santon

---Jonas---Cabaye---Obertan/Marveux/Guthrie

-------HBA---------Cisse-----

-------------Ba---------------

It's the premade 4-3-2-1 for me. Pre Christmas when we were a 4 star team it was possible for me to play Saylor at the back but since we became 4 and half star and I play Napoli about 2 out of every 3 games it just isn't possible anymore.

8. GGW

GGW Well-Known Member

Apparently Taye Taiwo at CB for Milan/Ultimate team. Has, I've heard, 90 pace and 99strength.

9. Jesus Was A Geordie

Jesus Was A Geordie Well-Known Member

Am I the only person who finds him unbelievably irritating? I don't hear him say anything even remotely funny, he might as well just stand in front of the mic shouting "ATTENTION, ATTENTION, ATTENTION!!!"

10. Lucaaas

Lucaaas Well-Known Member

I used to put him at CB, him and Lucio were pretty unstoppable. Cordoba LB and Nagatomo RB and you had a defence with **** loads of pace and they could rarely get in behind. Then with Eto'o at the other end of the pitch it was so easy to beat teams on the counter.

11. Darth Tash

At the end of the day we lack two things at the back, Pace and strength, both should be fixed by next game.

Saylor should be in the 80's for strength and better in the air, Colo should have better reactions, agility and ball control.

Our default ratings are ****. We have no strength to deal with bigger players, and we're slow as **** at the center to deal with faster players.

I can still play and win the same with our default team on Fifa, and It doesn't really make me lose more games than I do with my edited version, but I concede the odd goal which shouldn't happen due to our players ****e attributes.

12. GGW

GGW Well-Known Member

Ive never heard of him JWAG and I agree I couldn't watch the video. Strikes me as something for kids.

13. Xisco's Travelling Circus

A lot of his recent uploads have been like that, when he strays away from proper console games. If you ever take one piece of advice from some guy off the internet, watch his 'Race to Division 1' stuff, it's gold.

14. Tiote's Witch Doctor

Tiote's Witch Doctor Well-Known Member

I must admit that a couple of his latest videos haven't had me laughing as much, I think he could be trying too hard now? Or just being himself I'm not sure, his older ones though, particularly anything to do with Heskey are absolute gold.

15. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

Isn't there a dedicated gaming thread for all this stuff?

16. All Hail Ben Arfa

Had to turn it off after 4 minutes, he annoys the **** out of me

17. Spider_Mag

Spider_Mag Member

What a terrible person that guy really is

18. Spider_Mag

Spider_Mag Member

4 for 4 with this

worthy of abit of rep I'd say :)

19. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

Chaps, I've merged Tash's other couple of threads into this one as it is the place to post all things gaming related.

20. Darth Tash

Bump!!!

Who's getting this!!

Can't ****ing wait!