1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic The Gaming Thread - Fifa 13, COD, HALO, SKYRIM...

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Gaddafi's Hat, Jan 29, 2011.

1. TheJudeanPeoplesFront

TheJudeanPeoplesFront Well-Known Member

Most of the time on Fifa 12, the goalkeeper "never made a mistake when one on one" when I tried to take it round them. That means he either grabbed the ball and took me out, or took me out and grabbed the ball, for which I never got a pen... I haven't come across the situation yet in this Fifa, is it more or less the same? Sounds so based on what you've said Tash.

Fifa 12 and Fifa 13 build-up play is almost as big a joke as people who call it "realistic". Fifa is so poor at capturing a degree actual simulation of a real game, that anyone who says such must have only ever watched the dullest 0-0 in Serie A. It's slow, tedious and possession-retention dependent for the most part. Counter-attacking is pretty laborious, and just turns into the tippy-tappy **** after a while, and playing this way with anyone other than Barca is pretty pointless. In short, it's because the computer controlled players, both for and against, move like dumb robots. On Fifa 12 even after shouting at someone for five seconds they tended to lumber around stupidly in a poor position, meaning quick play was penalised or impossible. What that game did well was to make cross field passes quicker and more purposeful, but the overall inattentive nature of computer-sim players made it very difficult to extract the most out of it. My early impression is that there's been minimal improvement in this respect.

While it's a bit annoying to see people fill there side with pace, to be honest, it should have little effect, because the defenders are too fast, too unrealistically quick to close down the space and generally disproportionate to attacking ability. The term "realistic" is banded around because defending has got better than previous football games, but in essence it's made the game duller and less realistic of a football match. I know people will disagree, but when you look up "how to defend in Fifa 12/13", invariably you'll be met with the "just switch players, use minimal pressure, let them swing in a cross, deal with it." What fecking football team would positively allow that to happen in the premier league??? To be honest, I'm embarrassed at myself a little bit for believing this would be different enough to be worth the £40 worth of wages I spent on it, just for the fact it has 13 instead of 12 on it... And now I sound like one of the chaps on "To Catch a Predator" (worth a watch on youtube if you've never seen it)...

2. Darth Tash

Darth Tash Well-Known Member

Yep, I was really excited for Fifa 13 for a while. In Fifa 12, I really loved playing passing football. I used to cut my way through opponents. I can still do it on Fifa 13, but it's a lot harder, and players randomly **** up their touches after simple passes. I could put 8 really excellent passes together, have players control really difficult passes, then one of my players over hit a really simple tough.

As for the goalkeepers, they're pretty much the same, except it's more difficult for you to beat them. Touching it around the keeper is so damn random, I'll flick the joystick whilst my player is walking, and sometimes It will fly out for a goal kick. I'll tap the joystick whilst running at full pelt, and it will randomly make the perfect touch past the keeper for me to finish. It's completely random. In Fifa 12 you could time and measure your touches, but in Fifa 13 you've just gotta rely on luck.

The passing is good at times, but for some reason, first time passes are also effect greatly by the first touch thing.

Fifa 13 is a good game, but it again has things that piss you off.

3. TheJudeanPeoplesFront

I'm starting to think International Soccer Star Pro will never be beaten!!!

They should re-make games like that for Xbox 360 or PS3

4. Pulp

Pulp Well-Known Member

I believe I had ISS on the Gameboy back when I was a youngling.

And didn't ISS become what we now call Pro Evo?

5. Krome

Krome Well-Known Member

Defoe is stupidly good in fifa13, every time i play against spurs he's doing mad skills and scoring wonder volleys.

I try to break his legs at the start

6. Sir_Red

Sir_Red Well-Known Member

Anyone here a PC gamer with FIFA 13? Everyone on the LFC board is a console loser <whistle>

7. Pulp

Pulp Well-Known Member

Yes to the first part, no to the second. Hope this helps <ok>

8. TheJudeanPeoplesFront

Fifa 13 was going up in my estimations, until it crashed when I was beating Everton 3-0 on Legendary... The game threw a cobby just because Cisse was literally taking papiss...

And to add to the woes, the saved game, which I purposefully made sure was saved before I played everton, has sent me back to the day before Norwich.

JEEEZZZZ This game....

9. UnitedinRed

UnitedinRed Well-Known Member

Been playing that LA Noire this weekend, not a bad game really though a bit repetitive doing the same thing quite alot. Still not a bad effort and picked it up for a 5er. Its the version that comes with the DLC included so the complete game.

10. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

I like the random missions on GTA where you pick the hookers up

11. Darth Tash

Anyone a fan of the Half Life series?

I played the original half life and opposing forces as a kid. They're literally some of the best games ever made.

I've just got round to playing Half Life 2, and it's awesome so far.

However, do you ever get to fight any Aliens or anything? I don't want any major spoilers, but all I seem to be fighting at the moment is Soldiers, different types of Zombies and little crab things. I'm currently driving a car through the desert and having those bugs burst through the sand.

12. TheJudeanPeoplesFront

EVERYBODY DIES. EVERYBODY.

Just kidding, I've never played the game, I have no idea what happens. Looks a good game, never got round to it. It's of a genre type which is alluring but not defo purchases for me. Bioshock, Half-life and Resident Evil etc mostly look really well made, but I think I'd get bored of blasting a shotgun vaguely in the direction of a re-animated corpse... I have enough of that simply blasting the re-animated corpse that is Obertan with my voice, to be honest <ok>

13. Albert's Chip Shop

Forum Moderator

Come on guys... Lets get TJPF over the 200 line for rep!

14. je ne sais quoi

Fifa13 PS3 Virtual pro club called HOWAY THE LADS

Looking for fellow Toon fans to join we have arranged matches against Mackems

My PSN: AN_10_

15. Albert's Chip Shop

Forum Moderator

Just renewed my o2 broadband and got 2100 xbox points and 12 months gold for free plus 5 games. Im now back online as @albertschipshop

16. TheJudeanPeoplesFront

Appreciate it darling!

17. Vilsmeier-Haack Reaction

Vilsmeier-Haack Reaction Well-Known Member

I will add you, what are your games? I'm a Halo, Forza, MW2&3 man myself.

18. Darth Tash

Just finished Half Life 2. Superb.

Gonna go to Half life 2 - Episode one now.

19. Albert's Chip Shop

Forum Moderator

anyone know the cheapest please to buy Xbox points please? I'm needing 2-4000.
    Ta.

20. Darth Tash

What you looking to buy buddy?