1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic The General Chat Thread.

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by AKCJ, Jan 8, 2012.

1. JohnTheFox

JohnTheFox Well-Known Member

Because football fans are so impatient and need everything now. I get that in the sense that players get picked off by the vultures above but we lost Kante when we won the league! Players will leave us so I’d rather the academy/recruitment etc are improved so that we are better equipped to deal with it. Puel does this and whether some fans like it or not and focus on his past, we will be left a much stronger club when he does move on whenever that is and whoever it is instigated by as we were with Pearson. If that means it takes a season or so longer to compete properly I’m fine with it. It’s like if we’d gone up the season we lost to Watford, would we have been as equipped? I don’t think so.
    So if a couple of players would rather cause a fuss I’d rather they move on personally

2. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

The potential at the club in terms of those in and around the first team picture aged 23 or younger is truly mind boggling ... by far and away the best I've seen in over 50 years as a supporter <ok>

3. JohnTheFox

Exactly, it’s the reason I’m patient and happy enough to stick with the project as a supporter. If we were seeing bad performances and results with an older, experienced side I wouldn’t be as so (as with Ranieri despite everything he did). I trust that if they replaced Puel that the club would bring someone with the same vision (ie not just bring in a far Sam type who’d tear up all the good) but it’s a risk so unfortunately this is just a process we have to go through to become stronger

4. Proud Fox

Proud Fox Well-Known Member

No one can debate Puel is developing a young squad. Its his team selections, subs, tactics and whether is poor english he makes some stupid comments in the media sometimes when asked about his decisions or his reaction to stuff

Like it or not you need some older heads around to help the younger players. Puel needs to get them all onside and for whatever reason he hasnt. Our results and style of play have been appaling at home this season

No one can be naive enough to think a manager in todays world will get a free pass because he picks young players. Puel has to find more middle ground then that

I think he has started something very good but he isnt the man to take that any futher. While he is making somethings better he is destroying others

5. JohnTheFox

What you say makes sense but you still don’t achknowledge that this is the third manager to not get these so called ‘older heads’ on side. I’ve seen today that Vardy has lost 40k in a dodgy car deal and going round getting caught on camera abusing the manager. Schmeichel not watching what his dad goes round saying. These experienced heads are not setting a good example to the young players

6. Proud Fox

Vardy losing £40K is completely irrelevant. Thats his personal life and for Kasper we can say whether it was his words coming out Peter’s mouth or not. As ive said before, Peter is world known and respected and was working as a pundit at the time. It was a random rant and who knows if he acted on behalf of Kasper or he just said what he feels

If I was the owner of Leicester I would try and move Puel upstairs. He needs a postition of influence not power. His vision for the future is great but I dont think he knows how to achieve that

Whatever has happened Vardy and Schmeichel have performed for us for a very very long time. Aside from Mahrez who has scored a decent amount of goals for us the last few years? No one other then Vardy

While yes that doesnt give him free reign to behave however he wants but it does mean Puel has to try and get on with our better players. If Vardy was called Puel a “****ing knobhead” dont drop him to the bench as Puel looked stupid and Vardy proved his point by coming on and scoring. What he should have done was fined him and dropped him out the squad completely.

As for the previous managers comment. They behaved disgracefully to Ranieri. No if’s or but’s about that. You cant blame the players at all for Shakey. He shouldnt have got the job and got sacked more for the fixtures and the Silva **** up as it effected our points tally early on

And Puel has upset the apple cart at all his clubs. End of the day no parties are blameless. If Puel stopped making stupid decisions and was more flexable with certain things then he would make a very good managwe

7. Proud Fox

Wow

Meanwhile, the EFL have given Coventry City until 5 March to give them a further update on where they will play next season. If ultimately, they cannot provide assurances they face expulsion from the League. Final decision on potential expulsion on April 25. Terrible news.

8. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

No big deal in the short run - will just ground share with Northampton like they did a while back.

In the long run, they are paying the price for having bellends for owners.

9. Proud Fox

Not good either way. Cov should never have left Highfield Road unless they was moving to a secure home. They have moved alarmingly backwards on and off the field since moving to the Ricoh

I think they need to either build a new stadium or try and buy half the Ricoh off the wasps

10. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

They need new owners straight up because the current ones are a bunch or sleezy ****ups - they will never buy their stadium back with them in charge as they have burnt all of their bridges with their actions.

Just read the story of how they tried to bankrupt a charity to get their stadium back on the cheap and then sued everyone to try to cover up their ****up when it all went pear shaped https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...city-sisu-homeless-future-wasps-ricoh-stadium

I'll miss having them around to laugh at.

11. Proud Fox

Bloody hell. Sisu are abit thick and seem to think the world revolves around them

Thank **** we have the best owners in the world. Vichai managed to get the whole City behind the club and the outpouring of love and grief showed just how much of an impact one man had on our club and City as a whole. He will never be forgotten for every little thing he did for us

And on the otherhand sisu have destroyed the club, disconnected the football club with all the fans and every business it needs to deal with on an ongoing basis

Makes a mockery of the fa’s fit and proper owners test. Cardiff’s owners wanted to change the club colours, Hull’s want to change the name, Forest’s couldnt ever pay anyone on time, Leeds’ was suspected of match fixing, Forest’s current owners burn down bakeries and Sisu make the club homeless and possibly kicked out the leagues

12. leicester_ed

leicester_ed Well-Known Member

I’m currently watching Yohan Benalouane for Forest vs Derby. Got to say he looks like a hell of a player - scored after 1 minute and a real threat from set pieces! Apparently the Forest fans worship him!

13. Proud Fox

He got sent off the other week. He is an accident waiting to happen most weeks

14. Barwellfox

Barwellfox Well-Known Member

Hand ball on the goal line though - not much choice about that. Looked solid tonight.

15. LeicesterWizard

LeicesterWizard Well-Known Member

Plenty of time for it to go off the rails, but he does have a pretty decent manager there <ok>

16. Proud Fox

Andy King has returned from his loan spell with Derby after being ruled out for the rest of the season with an ankle injury

17. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Poor bugger - is still one of my favourites.

Maybe he will be able to impress Rodgers but tbh I think his time here is over.

18. Proud Fox

Fulham have sacked Ranieri.

19. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Need to give them a proper spanking on 9th March.

FosseFilberto likes this.
  20. Proud Fox

I was looking forward to him coming off. Apart from him being at the Burnley game he hasnt had a proper thanks from the fans

FosseFilberto and Foxy in Foyle like this.