1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic The General Chat Thread.

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by AKCJ, Jan 8, 2012.

1. nzfoxfan

nzfoxfan Well-Known Member

Like the rest I agree he has shown glimpses of being brilliant. Trouble is its only glimpses. At an age where you have thought if he was going to crack a regular spot in the Prem he would have done it by now. Wish him well but wouldn't be overly disappointed if he left.

2. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

Ground capacity to rise to just under 42k according to Leicestershire Live

3. BucksFox

BucksFox Well-Known Member

Are they making the seats narrower?

luvgonzo likes this.
  4. FosseFilberto

Forum Moderator

nzfoxfan likes this.
  5. nzfoxfan

The first sign that things will continue. They were already committed to the training ground so this a great sign there is still money to build the club. Hopefully this goes someway to convincing the likes of Maddison and Soyuncu to stay with the club

FosseFilberto likes this.
  6. nzfoxfan

Anyone brave enough to predict what's going to happen in the run in? Man Utd were looking good prior to shutdown, Spurs have Kane back and Chelsea's young squad now rested and ready to again. Quite a few important fixtures for us with a number of these teams playing each other with Spurs vs Man U one of the first ones. I dont think we can catch Man city but would be very hopeful of retaining third as we also have a tricky run in.

7. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

I feel fairly sure you will keep third, the only fight will be for fourth and that will depend on how the teams involved react to empty stadiums and a long lay off.

8. Foxy in Foyle

Foxy in Foyle Well-Known Member

Absolutely no chance of predicting anything on my part. Years of experience/disappointment suggest to me that we'll manage to make it difficult for ourselves though.

So many unknown factors for the restart though. Who gets match fit quickly, how players are mentally after lockdown and how they react playing BCD without the crowd support or goading (Vardy) or those who are more confident without being moaned at for every mistake.

Difficult away games aren't so difficult but the benefit of home games maybe lost.

Plus, you've the fact the game's are only a few days apart, rotation and injuries playing a part. Teams that had momentum may have lost it and those who didn't could gain it.

So, in conclusion, I've not got a clue <laugh>

All I do know is I'm ready for next Saturday.

9. nzfoxfan

Me too. Quite like the fact our first game is away. Only real concern is with less than a week to go Matty James should go down injured any minute now.

10. LeicesterWizard

LeicesterWizard Well-Known Member

That match vs Brighton was as Puel ball as i ever want to see.

Good thing fans wern't actually there!

FosseFilberto likes this.

11. FosseFilberto

Forum Moderator

Things can (hopefully) only get better ...

12. BucksFox

BucksFox Well-Known Member

I was hopeful things would get better after the Watford game, but they didn't.

Maybe it isn't 'hope' that's needed. The manager could try picking a strong side from the beginning and get some momentum going. Just a thought......

Foxy in Foyle and FosseFilberto like this.
  13. JohnTheFox

JohnTheFox Well-Known Member

It could definitely get worse, we’ve been relatively solid at the back other than one cock up in each game. One of those we didn’t get punished for.
    It’s not the results in isolation that are the problem. We could batter Brighton for 90 minutes, their keeper could have a blinder, we could hit the woodwork numerous times and you would just look back and think how did we not win. It’s the abject, lethargic, unimaginative performances that are worrying as we don’t look like winning.

14. JohnTheFox

Bad result for us with that Wolves win. 3 in a row for them and 3 points behind us. Chelsea, Man Utd and Wolves look relentless and surely all 3 will pass us with ease now. Our lot just don’t look up to it, think 6th looks more likely for us now

15. HarboroughFox

HarboroughFox Well-Known Member

We are going to balls this up!

16. nzfoxfan

Oh yee of little faith. We are too good to not start scoring again and we don't concede many. I hope. Top of the table has tightened up so we will see what Brendans coaching skills are like as he motivates a young squad. I'm confident of fourth.

17. leicesterlove

leicesterlove Active Member

I agree that when we start scoring again we’ll be a force for most teams, it’s the line up against Brighton that worries me. At home against a lowly team and pick about the least creative team he could, and then claim to be it was quite attacking. We should have gone for it against Brighton to build up some momentum, the point at Watford wasn’t too bad a start after the break, but the Brighton game was a backward step. Everton away next in the league, that won’t be easy.

18. leicester_ed

leicester_ed Well-Known Member

Just a thought - do you think it’s because we have a young squad who are struggling without a crowd?

19. nzfoxfan

Could be, but they don't train in front of a crowd. Perhaps young players, and therefore less experienced, get more of an adrenaline rush playing in front of full stadiums and that helps lift intensity but not necessarily performance.

20. JohnTheFox

Don’t think so. We have been awful from start of December albeit we got a few results up to the Norwich home game. Some like Chilwell have seemed more comfortable without the crowd. Vardy is probably our best example of a player who struggles without the crowd. And that’s not even our fans he misses.....
    For what it’s worth there were more positives from yesterday, at least we pressed and looked interested but still look toothless. It’s worrying what next season could bring if we end this season in this slump and miss out on CL. There’s still time to get a result and kick on, achieving our goals and go into the summer in a good frame of mind but ta running out