1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic The General Chat Thread.

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by AKCJ, Jan 8, 2012.

1. HarboroughFox

HarboroughFox Well-Known Member

Keep it at 0-0 for as long as possible, wait until Wolves are 2-0 up then pass it around and see the game out <laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh>

You can see what's going to happen.......We will draw with Man Utd, Chelsea will lose against Wolves so we finish 4th. Wolves will win the Europa and take our place in the Champions League!!!!!!!!:headbang::headbang::headbang:

2. HarboroughFox

I'd bring Hamza in for this game and tell him to kick the hell out of Pogba and Fernandes!

3. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

Pretty much my thoughts ... although dropping out of the CL into the Europa might be good <laugh> ... playing in the Europa would be wonderful for the development of the younger lads.

4. FosseFilberto

Forum Moderator

Me too Hamza and Wilf for enforcement with Hamza playing as a shield to Jonny and Wes ... Harvey and Vards through the centre at pace at every opportunity with Gray and Tielemans for the creativity ...

Last edited: Jul 23, 2020
  5. leicesterlove

leicesterlove Active Member

97th minute at 0-0.

JohnTheFox likes this.
  6. nzfoxfan

nzfoxfan Well-Known Member

Maddison and Chilwell modelling the new jersey. Does it mean they are staying or just fulfilling commitments?

7. MARTIN IS BACK AGAIN

MARTIN IS BACK AGAIN Active Member

not overly fussed on the new shirt :emoticon-0101-sadsm

8. HarboroughFox

Me neither. Won't be spunking £50 on it!

9. Foxy in Foyle

Foxy in Foyle Well-Known Member

As our players they're committed to marketing the new kit. Doesn't mean anything either way.

Not a fan of it either.

10. nzfoxfan

So the latest is Maddison has signed an extension and it will be announced later in the week.

11. AstroFox

AstroFox Well-Known Member

Who was it on here that jinxed us some time ago (like at the start of the season) by saying something like 'as long as it doesn't all come down to the final day when we play Man United'? :bandit:
    Having said that, we wouldn't be the Foxes if there wasn't something like this f^cking with our emotions! <laugh>
    Didn't think I'd get at all worked-up about it given the C-19 situation etc. but there you go..

12. FosseFilberto

Forum Moderator

Pleased to see Hamza in ... not so much Albrighton ... Harvey was looking a real threat ... oh well, roll the dice ...<cheers>

13. FosseFilberto

Forum Moderator

Well we gave it a go but we were never really convincing ... Brenda again took off Iheanacho who had been causing United's defence the most problems ... poor defensive unforced errors for both goals.

MOTM James Justin who is growing in stature with every game ... spots the danger and gets his foot in when it counts so many times. Luke Thomas put in another fine performance and George Hurst looks a handful in his late cameo.

Maddison signing is a huge bonus and a message to anybody looking at our prized assets.

We'll improve as a group from this season but we do need to add some more quality, especially if we are going to give the Europa a real good fist.

nzfoxfan and Foxy in Foyle like this.
  14. JohnTheFox

JohnTheFox Well-Known Member

Pleased for Vardy, Stocksbridge Park Steels to golden boot, legend!
    Result today as expected, had accepted Europa before today as had Brendan apparently. The guy cannot just admit he has failed and tries to put the club down in order to cover his own deficiencies. The guy is a fraud. Can see us struggling massively next season with him in charge and Europa. Probably similar to the post title season and would be surprised if he sees the season out.

15. Barwellfox

Barwellfox Well-Known Member

Bit harsh me old fruit. First match I went to was in the early 60s and I have seen some right ****e over the years. Disappointing end to a good season but we have European footie next season, some good lads coming through, a manager who doesn't embarrass himself at press conferences, a new training ground. Lots to look forward to.

FosseFilberto likes this.
  16. JohnTheFox

I’m keen to point out that I never lost patience and called for Puel, Shakespeare, Ranieri or even Pearson’s job so I’m not ‘one of them’. Theres just something about Rodgers that I do not like and I don’t see any sign he will turn around the mentality of the squad. I am genuinely concerned we will struggle badly next season. I don’t think there’s a single Leicester fan who’d have not taken 5th and a golden boot at the start of the season. If the halves had been reversed or we’d been consistently decent to get 5th we’d be delighted but the kind of gap we have bottled could set us back years here. Context is important. I just think his pressers have been very poor as well basically making out we have no right to compete.

17. FosseFilberto

Forum Moderator

Amen brother ... remember when we had to sell any emerging talent to balance the books? Matt Piper to Sunderland ffs <doh>...

How times have changed...

Daniel Iversen
    Luke Thomas
    Caglar Soyuncu
    Filip Benkovic
    James Justin
    Darnell Johnson
    Ben Chilwell
    Hamza Choudhry
    Wilfrid Ndidi
    Kieran Dewsbury-Hall
    James Maddison
    Youri Tielemans
    Demarai Gray
    George Hurst
    Harvey Barnes

... 23 the eldest ... how times have changed ... the future of the club is secure and with a cracking bunch of talent that will only get better in years to come ... <cheers>

18. JohnTheFox

Oh of course the squad is massively exciting age and potential wise. Although it was a certain french man who got hounded out that was responsible for bringing many of them into the club or through to the first team. They need to be led and matured with the right mentality, a winners one. We had a young squad under big Nige when he undid Sven’s work (Schmeichel, Drinkwater, Mahrez, James etc and Vardy was young in terms of his pro career and those players were the core of the title win.
    I just personally think that despite the few massive wins you’ll get vs dross in a season with this style and Brendan, his mentality is to fold like a pack of cards when things get tough and that transmits to the players. I’ve also watched Leicester for 20 years since I was 8 and despite having squads of untalented players, the ‘Foxes never Quit’ Moto always seemed fitting but recently I’ve never seen so much spiralling and giving up...

FosseFilberto likes this.
  19. nzfoxfan

Had all day to think about it and for me the glass is very much half full, possibly even three quarters. Out of Fosses list above up to 9 could be counted as regular first teamers. This is all relatively new they have little experience to fall back on and this was all new. Clearly we need another centre back or two and a plan C if Vardy and Kelechi arent working. yes we had a blistering spell before Christmas but that was never sustainable with such a young inexperienced squad. I do believe with one or two additions we will be back even better. Lowlights for me were Perez who has yet to justify his selection in the team let alone price with nearly half his goals came in one game. The other would be some of Schmeichels antics. Great shot stopper but his distribution and screaming at refs annoys me. Highlights, Southampton away obviously, Jamie Vardy, Caglar and on a personal level attending the Man City game. Such a surreal season.

AstroFox and FosseFilberto like this.
  20. BucksFox

BucksFox Well-Known Member

Agree with much of what you say, NZ. It was probably best to wait a while before committing thoughts to print.
    It was a fairly spirited performance, which was what was needed, but gifted them the 2 goals. As Fosse said, we had chances without really threatening, and did lack the quality of the players who were out injured. We are very much a 'nearly' team and do need more quality players in certain positions, more self-belief from some of those who did play yesterday and a stronger mentality all round. The one player who doesn't lack self-belief is Schmeichel, and he has become something of a loose cannon. His shot-stopping has been second to none since the restart, but his ability (or lack of) with the ball at his feet has cost us dearly. His distribution has been sloppy and caused us no end of problems. His howler against Bournemouth started the rot in that game and his arrogance yesterday made the result look much worse than it was.
    I hope we can get Benkovic up and running ready for the first few games of the season. I thought Evans was outstanding yesterday, as was Justin. Morgan is way past it and a penalty waiting to happen. Luke Thomas showed his lack of experience and got caught in possession too many times, but he'll hopefully watch that game back and learn from it. Hamza was totally ineffective with and without the ball and gave away the first goal. Wilf is just total class. It's like playing against an octopus - legs come from nowhere to win the ball. Thought Albrighton also did well. Total commitment and effort and made some great interceptions. Didn't understand why Brenda took Nacho off. Pity he didn't lay that first half chance off to Justin, but he caused them problems. And great to see Vardy get the Golden Boot. So, pretty good season all things considered - injuries especially. Next season will be harder with all the extra travel and games, so we will need a large squad with depth in quality.

nzfoxfan and FosseFilberto like this.