1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic The General Chat Thread.

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by AKCJ, Jan 8, 2012.

1. Barwellfox

Barwellfox Well-Known Member

Just watched the game on Sky. Must have been the first game in 3 seasons where Kasper didn't hump the ball in to touch. Whilst KDH was undoubtedly the star, there were lots of positive performances all over the pitch. Mendy was superb again, whilst Maddison seems to have increased his work rate considerably. Soyuncu seems to have left his poor early season form behind him. A final mention for Lookman whose first touch for his goal was world class. Looking forward to the rst of the season now, just please, no more injuries.

FosseFilberto likes this.
  2. Foxy in Foyle

Foxy in Foyle Well-Known Member

<applause><applause><applause>

Post of the week <laugh>

3. nzfoxfan

nzfoxfan Well-Known Member

Wow, that was some comeback. We dont do wins the easy way. Fofana, what a player.:emoticon-0165-muscl

4. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

Team performance of the season... the inter-play for the 2 goals was top drawer <cheers>

Barwellfox and Foxy in Foyle like this.
  5. BucksFox

BucksFox Well-Known Member

I haven't seen any of the game and wondered about Tielemans' overall performance. Apparently he gave the ball away for the opening goal and almost succeeded in doing the same later in the match. He's been guilty of giving the ball away cheaply in league matches and conceding careless penalties. There's no doubt his form has dipped recently, but wasn't sure how much that is down to rumours of his departure or just fatigue after how many games he's played.

6. Barwellfox

Barwellfox Well-Known Member

Difficult to know how to answer that. Against Eindhoven, he played as a sole defensive midfielder with the absence of Ndidi and Mendy not in the squad. He hasn't looked the same player all season. He was certainly overshadowed by Maddison and KDH, both of whom were superb. Prior to this season I had great concerns about how we would cope without his class in our side. I don't worry about that any more. Other than giving the ball away for their goal, he was OK, but nothing more. The two concerns I have are who can replace Vardy long term, and the form of Harvey Barnes who seems to have lost all confidence.

BucksFox likes this.
  7. BucksFox

I agree with what you say, Barwell. He does look more replaceable now that Maddison has got his mojo back and KDH has exceeded all our expectations.

Barnes is an odd one that I'm still not convinced by. He can have moments of real class but can easily drift out of games. His commitment defensively is questionable, and that's being generous. I prefer my wingers to be more completely involved like Jared Bowen. Maybe he needs Rodgers to have the same talk with him that he had with Maddison when his confidence was low.

And you're right about the long term replacement for Vardy. I had hope for Daka when he first came because he looked like he had the same turn of pace and had a respectable history of scoring goals. But his movement to find space and create space for others needs a lot of work. Iheanacho lacks pace but can be a match winner but isn't one to lead the line. Sometimes we can look toothless up front, and it's the midfielders who are having to come to the rescue. On Thursday our on-target to shots ratio was appalling up until we scored. We have to be more clinical and ruthless in front of goal.

8. Dr Nickilas Van Helsing

Dr Nickilas Van Helsing Well-Known Member

9. FosseFilberto

Forum Moderator

We appear to be favourites to sign the young Belgian lad De Ketere (spelling) for around the £30 mill mark ... reportedly a real talent and banging goals in ... also linked with Swansea's Dutch striker, Joe Piroe, who has scored 20 goals this season (for much cheaper) ...

10. Dr Nickilas Van Helsing

khaleeji-saudi.gif

11. FosseFilberto

Forum Moderator

Wouldn't be surprised to see KDH get an England call up if he maintains his current performance levels ...

12. Dr Nickilas Van Helsing

vince-mc-mahon-laugh.gif

13. BucksFox

Daka was also banging in goals for his previous club and started doing it for us against foreign defences in the Europa League, but it's if they can do it against well drilled Premier League teams. It's easy to spend a fortune on a striker and end up with one that can't make that transition. Any newcomer has to show work rate and intelligent movement to create chances for himself as well as being in the right place at the right time for the tap-ins. Scarce commodities.

14. Dr Nickilas Van Helsing

15. Dr Nickilas Van Helsing

16. leicesterlove

leicesterlove Active Member

17. pieguts

pieguts Mentor

It’s a thing between Fosse and the fella (I know him as Munse) who is a Newcastle fan on the PL board.

Munson. likes this.
  18. leicesterlove

leicesterlove Active Member

I see, I’m guessing Fosse had lost the bragging rights?

pieguts and Munson. like this.
  19. Dr Nickilas Van Helsing

Just a bit of banter we've had over the years.. Just harmless fun..

Laters lads

leicesterlove likes this.
  20. Foxy in Foyle

Foxy in Foyle Well-Known Member

Screenshot_20220417-232637_Chrome.jpg Just goes to show how difficult it is for the non 'big six' to win a trophy. Our 4 is impressive in this context.

Although it should be big 5 as I can't see Spurs on the list anywhere <laugh>

Diego, nzfoxfan and Munson. like this.