1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic The General Chat Thread.

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by AKCJ, Jan 8, 2012.

1. HarboroughFox

HarboroughFox Well-Known Member

No. Not unless they double their price.

2. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

Nope ... <laugh>

3. nzfoxfan

nzfoxfan Well-Known Member

Umm.. No. Nor Barnes.

FosseFilberto likes this.
  4. HarboroughFox

5. BucksFox

BucksFox Well-Known Member

Hopefully that will be the last pre-season friendly against Spanish opposition.

6. leicester_ed

leicester_ed Well-Known Member

The Ricardo injury is a huge blow as that back 5 of him, Justin, evans, fofana and castagne was looking so so good and now I worry we’ll move to a back 4. I thought the system was working well.

I think Justin will probably take the LB role now and Castagne the RB role. I do think Justin makes an outstanding CB to either side in a back three though which is a big loss.

Potentially in a back 5, could Bertrand have his year to shine or have a lost the plot!? Before he was utterly useless, he is great in pre season with superb delivery and maybe in a LWB role his defending wouldn’t be so utterly atrocious?!

It also looks like Vestergaard is off to Fulham after a third bid. If he does go for £12m, I worry that we will need to replace him and do you get anything better for £12m these days? He was the worst player I’ve seen in a long time last year, but he didn’t just become awful overnight and was great at Southampton and Denmark. Also could flourish in a back 5!?

7. Barwellfox

Barwellfox Well-Known Member

Bertrand has had another operation on his knee, and has not featured in any of the pre season matches. He will probably see out his contract in the sick room.

8. nzfoxfan

Agree re Bertrand. we are renown for our smart transfer strategy but had a shocker last year with him and Vesterguaard who we know doesn't suit our style. We also know we have too large a squad so I'm hoping he does move on. What surprises me is Ben Nelson was allowed to leave on loan. I can only assume he is over 21 so would also have had to be been named in the Prem squad to play. We still have Evans, Fofana, Soyunco and Armarty if we need two centre backs so well covered.

9. HarboroughFox

and Wilf can always drop back if needed.

10. leicester_ed

leicester_ed Well-Known Member

It would be great if Thomas could really step up this year but for whatever reason I just don’t see the hype in him. Steady and won’t let you down… then again you can do a lot worse than that!

11. Lcfcfox1

Lcfcfox1 Active Member

FFS why did he take off KDH, stupid substitution for the sake of it handed Brentford the game afterwards as we were bossing the midfield before?

AstroFox likes this.
  12. BucksFox

My immediate thought as well! Daka and Vardy can't play together. Put Praet, Mendy or Perez in if KDH really had to come off. Another Rodgers shot to the foot.

13. HarboroughFox

Praet was the obvious choice if KDH was to come off.

Brenda spoke about fatigue after the game.....use your 5 subs then!!

14. BucksFox

There are lots of similarities between Pearson and Rodgers when it comes to game management and substitutions. Some of the players must wonder at some of the decisions. Just after Brentford had gone to a back 3 and pushed 2 more players into midfield I can't see how it could ever have come to Brendan's mind to take off one of his own midfielders and bring a second striker on. The space would have naturally opened up for Vardy or Daka on their own if only we'd have won the ball in midfield and fed them in. Having said that, it was still a shocking piece of defending to let the player run unchallenged to the edge of our own box. Can't afford to be giving away 2 points at the start of the season, especially when 2 of our next 3 games are away at Arsenal and Chelsea.

15. MARTIN IS BACK AGAIN

MARTIN IS BACK AGAIN Active Member

If Fofana does leave which now seems likely not unless there are contingency plans in place I can see us really struggling, feels a bit like a decline and the knives are being sharpened for Brendan. Assuming that we won't get much from Arsenal tomorrow it will make the Southampton game at home must win. Frankly all a bit worrying

16. nzfoxfan

I think if we get 80 Million for Fofana its another outstanding piece of business by the club. He is very good but will we be substantially worse off without him, I doubt it. It will free up money for future signings and we have a record of picking up impressive youngtsers.

17. BucksFox

I think that we would be far worse off defensively without Fofana. He is the best all round one that we have - speed over the ground, positioning and good in the air. It's no coincidence that we don't concede so frequently from set pieces when he plays.

18. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

Can't see us selling in this window unless there is a replacement with a pen hovering over a contract ...

... and the boy is really quite exceptional and I'd love to see him (and James Justin) in our defence for as long as possible.

HarboroughFox likes this.
  19. HarboroughFox

I agree, I don't think any of our "big names" will leave this transfer window. Now January might be a different thing, depending on where we are in the league table!

20. nzfoxfan

Three weeks in the window to go, Fofana is gone. Dont get me wrong, I think he is magnificent, but at 80+ mill a club of our size, looking to fund stadium expansions wont say no. Vesterguaard will step up and be world class. Ok, maybe not the last bit.