Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by Forgot_My_Lines, Nov 4, 2015.
They actually go forward
I know, but given the context it made me smile anyway.
Apologies for the misinformation
My husband purchased a world map.... gave me a dart and said "throw this and wherever it lands I'm taking you for a holiday when this pandemic is over". Turns out we're spending two weeks behind the fridge.
1. Jesus loves you more than you will know, wo wo wo.
2. Scoop, Muck and Dizzy and Rolly too, Lofty and Wendy, join the crew.
3. To the place I belong, West Virginia, mountain momma.
4. How many ears must one man have before he can hear people cry? Yes, and how many deaths will it take 'til he knows that too many people have died?
5. Does your granny always tell you that the old songs are the best? Then she's up and rock 'n' rolling with the rest.
6. Stopped into a church, I passed along the way.
7. For what is a man? What has he got? If not himself - Then he has naught.
8. You shake my nerves and you rattle my brain, too much love drives a man insane.
9. Time can bring you down, time can bend your knees.
10. No matter what they take from me, they can’t take away my dignity.
11. I could be your Buzz Lightyear, fly across the globe.
12. You were content to let me shine, that's your way. You always walked a step behind.
13. And the sign said, the words of the prophets are written on the subway walls.
14. No more will my green sea go turn a deeper blue, I could not foresee this thing happening to you.
15. Threw the bums a dime in your prime, didn't you?
please log in to view this image
Courtesy of the Suffolk Gazette.
Good news today.Jet2 have refunded all my costs for my cancelled holiday today.
After reading of others being fobbed off by travel companies,its nice to see there are some companies doing what they promised.Thanks Jet2
Well after over 2 hours 50 I got through only to be put on hold and the call dropping before she was able to help me. Been waiting for another 2h 50 and am falling asleep Zzzzz....
Suffolk gazette doing one ( most are worse) every half hour.
The 2.30pm Suffolk Gazette joke to keep your spirits up
21 Seconds Ago
please log in to view this image
A friend of mine always wanted to be run over by a steam train.
When it happened, he was chuffed to bits!
I know 1,3,4,6,8,12, and 13. Less than 50%. Not too good.
I think this one is even harder See how you get on.
Lyrics Quiz 3
a. Realize I dont want to be a miser, confide wisely youll be the wiser, young blood is the lovin upriser
b. By now you should've somehow realised what you gotta do
c. But how many heartaches must I stand before I find a love to let me live again
d. Unaware but underlined, I figured out this story. It wasn't good. But in the corner of my mind I celebrated glory.
e. I feel safest of all, I can lock all my doors, it's the only way to live
f. I'm so happy and you're so kind, You want more money - of course I don't mind, to buy nuclear textbooks for atomic crimes
g. Half past twelve, and I'm watching the late show in my flat all alone. How I hate to spend the evening on my own
h. Im gonna hit the highway like a battering ram on a silver black phantom bike. When the metal is hot and the engine is hungry, and were all about to see the light
i. So needless to say I'm odds and ends. But that's me, stumbling away, slowly learning that life is O.K.
j. When I look in your eyes, I see words I can't describe, And these words I'm tellin' you
k. We would be warm below the storm, in our little hideaway beneath the waves
l. You had romance, did you break it by chance over me? If it's so I'd like for you to know that I'm not worth it, you see.
m. Beyond the door, there's peace I'm sure, and I know there'll be no more...
n. Nobody feels any pain tonight as I stand inside the rain, everybody knows that Baby's got new clothes
o. We'd like to know a little bit about you for our files. We'd like to help you learn to help yourself. Look around you. All you see are sympathetic eyes
Well, I've done worse this time. I got c, k, n, and o. E and g sound apropos for the times.
Cromercanary, can I ask how you did on the lyric quizzes?
Best was 8/15, followed by 5/15.
I'm not far off the pace then. If it wasn't for S&G, Dylan, and the Beatles, I'd be Nowhere Man.
60s Music Quiz - to give the oldies more chance
1. Which iconic 60's song begins with the lyrics, 'All the leaves are brown (all the leaves are brown), And the sky is grey (and the sky is grey)'?
2. In 1967, which global sensation belted out the lyrics R-E-S-P-E-C-T?
3. Which famous group recorded 'Under The Boardwalk' in 1964?
4. Complete the lyrics by The Monkees, 'Then I saw her face, ...'?
5. Who had a hit in 1966 with 'It's a Man's Man's Man's World'?
6. Which awesome 60's song begins with the lyrics, 'You've done it all, you've broken every code, and pulled the rebel to the floor'?
7. Which male artist released a song in 1965 called 'Oh pretty woman'?
8. What is the opening line to Dion's 1961 song 'Runaround Sue'?
9. Jim Morrison is the lead singer of which American rock band?
10 Which member of The Rolling Stones drowned in a swimming pool?
11 Who had the best-selling single of 1961 in the US with a song that begins with the lyrics, 'As I walk along I wonder, A-what went wrong with our love'?
12 'I Heard it through the Grapevine' was released in 1968 by which legendary artist?
13 Which famous Elvis Presley song includes the lyrics, 'Are you sorry we drifted apart'?
14 What is Ringo Starr's real name?
15 The Tokens achieved a number one hit in 1961 with their cover version of which song?
16 What is the opening line of 'Green Green Grass Of Home' by Tom Jones?
17 Which 1968 Beatle's song, written by Paul McCartney, was actually written about John Lennon's son Julian?
18 Which female singer released a song in 1967 called 'Big spender?'
19 Gerry Marsden is the lead singer of which British band?
20 Which fabulous 60s song includes the lyrics 'You think you've lost your love, Well I saw her yesterday, It's you she's thinking of, And she told me what to say'?
OK, I know 13: 1, 2, 4, 5, 7, 9, 10, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, and 19.
I know these but can't come up with the names for 3, 11
Don't know 8, 16, 18
No idea for 6 and 20.
6 is actually a mid 70s song, not 60s.
20 went straight to number 1, as did most of their mop-top singles.
I never would have gotten #6. Don't think I've ever heard of them.
It's embarrassing that I didn't get #20. I looked it up before you posted the hint.
If they put a pub up there , perhaps the landlord would find it difficult to get deliveries.
It may also be dangerous to leave at closing time and try to get down in the pitch black half cut.
It's surely a wind up