1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The General Conversation Thread

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by Forgot_My_Lines, Nov 4, 2015.

1. woodbine

woodbine Well-Known Member

Sound like another terrorist attack, 18 dead so far :(

2. woodbine

woodbine Well-Known Member

3. KIO

KIO Well-Known Member

Feel completely numb this morning after events in Paris last night. Whatever next, WWIII ? :emoticon-0106-cryin

4. Cruyff's Turn

Cruyff's Turn Well-Known Member

Totally expected both in terms of the target and the perpetrators. It's only a matter of time before it happens in London. If anything the French have better security services than us. If it happens there it can come here.And it will.

5. Norfolkbhoy

Norfolkbhoy Well-Known Member

Terrible news so many innocents killed in Paris for what end, to provoke a violent response from the French. Very very sad.

I suppose at least we have much tougher gun laws than France and relatively fewer North African immigrants than they have. Having Algeria and Morocco as colonies is proving somewhat problematic.

Sadly CT is correct in that the balance of probabilities is that they will hit London at some point in the future.

Seems a strange tactic from ISIS to follow up provoking Russia by an outrage in France - whatever happened to divide and conquer.

6. KIO

KIO Well-Known Member

All these attacks do is fill people with anger and hatred towards them. I fail to see what they hope to achieve, basically the west (and more frighteningly the Russians) will take so much before they completely flatten the whole of the Middle East and then the whole lot of us will be going to hell in a handcart !

7. THURNBY YELLOW

THURNBY YELLOW Well-Known Member

I am pretty speechless and numb (KIO) is a good description. How the hell can decent people counter these ......... well I would say animals but that is nowhere near the term I feel, if I could I would have them wiped off the Earth in the most violent and quickest way possible and shed not one tear or have any remorse. I know that there will be the "we started it with Iraq and Syria etc" but ISIS has taken any kind of rebellion or whatever you call it down to a level that would have been unimaginable so few years ago. These are depressing and worrying times for any decent form of society and I really do not know what happens from here because simply wiping them out in Syria will not eb the answer but merely the next chapter. The World could be about to change irrevocably.

KIO likes this.
  8. DHCanary

DHCanary Very Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Both those things are what they want though, as far as I understand. ISIS want to stir up anti-islamic feeling in the west, and make it an uncomfortable place for Muslims to live. The more ostracised the moderate Muslim population feel, the easier they are to radicalise, and turn into future soldiers to expand their "caliphate", or into future "homegrown terrorists".

And yes, the ISIS endgame is an all out war in Syria/Iraq between an Islamic army and an " infidel army". It's prophesied in a hadith which ISIS believe/use as propaganda. That hadith also prophesises that Islam triumphs. Giving them war is exactly what they want.

But based on that, what alternatives are there to a war? ISIS can't be negotiated with, and won't go away with current tactics. The only bright spot (which seems a laughable term) is that by attacking Russia too, perhaps it will be easier for NATO and Russia to agree a joint plan, with a lasting solution to the wider problems posed by the middle East.

9. Cruyff's Turn

Sadly Islam and Western liberal Democracy are totally incompatible with one another. We would be better to offer Islamic people generous grants to resettle in Islamic countries. This will only get worse. It is a problem with no other solution than a form of global apartheid. I am more than happy to share this country with people of any colour who wish to work towards an integrated, cohesive society but sadly Islam seems fatally infected with radicalism. If we are not careful here our nearest neighbour will have a National Front government.

Now being reported that one of the Paris attackers arrived in Lesbos last month on board an asylum seeker boat.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2015
    KIO likes this.
  10. Tony_Munky_Canary

Tony_Munky_Canary Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, but that is absolute bullshit.
    I know dozens of practising Muslims who all interact perfectly into our modern day society thanks, more so than plenty of ignorant narrow-minded UKIP voters I also know. You're making the classic mistake of confusing Islam with radical, extremist, ****ing evil ****s doing evil things in the name of Islam, but going against its fundamental tenets in doing so. The two things are NOT the same.

And anyway, don't you mean YOU could end up with a National Front government? Aren't you upping sticks and moving across the channel?

11. Cruyff's Turn

Like all those well meaning people who offered homes to those fleeing war in Syria I think you underestimate both the scale and the nature of the problem. I don't doubt that you know dozens of "Good" Muslims. But there are three million in Britain. If just one in every hundred are sympathetic to ISIS and the Paris attackers (And don't forget 1% puts you in pretty extreme territory,for example in 2010 the BNP took 2% of the vote )then there will be 30,000 Muslims in the UK who support ISIS and their aims. Widen the net to 10% and you most likely have the section that would support FGM and stoning female adulterersand hanging gays. Radical Islam is an extreme right wing authoritarian creed. I just hope that all those on the left who support their aims realise that they with their decadent life styles will be the ones in the firing line. No doubt just like the infidels sipping alcohol in Paris bars

12. THURNBY YELLOW

So we now have two political threads. It is a landslide!

13. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

<doh>

14. KIO

KIO Well-Known Member

Oh bugger, looks like it's my fault too ! <laugh>

15. Forgot_My_Lines

Forgot_My_Lines Well-Known Member

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO MY THREAD!!?!?!

16. Cruyff's Turn

Blame KIO, he kicked it off.

17. Forgot_My_Lines

I started it off to talk about tummy aches and pizza toppings not being proportioned properly!! :emoticon-0110-tongu

18. Tony_Munky_Canary

Tony_Munky_Canary Well-Known Member

Why is is political? It's nothing to do with whether you're from the left or right, as far as I'm aware there are people from all religious persuasions across all sides of the political spectrum. To me it's more about basic humanity and looking at the bigger picture, rather than making broad, sweeping generalisations based on individual narrow minded prejudices.

19. THURNBY YELLOW

It was meant slightly tongue in cheek mate

Tony_Munky_Canary likes this.
  20. Forgot_My_Lines

Mine was completely tongue in cheek. Infact my tongue was out of cheek on one of my posts! :emoticon-0110-tongu

Tony_Munky_Canary likes this.