1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The good and the bad

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Bullet tooth Tony, Nov 20, 2020.

1. Bullet tooth Tony

Bullet tooth Tony Well-Known Member

2. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

Blimey, thought we'd have won that one. Danny needs to keep himself out of trouble and he could easily play on for a couple of years in a decent team. He has been his own worst enemy, so hope he comes good.

3. Bullet tooth Tony

Lost cause mate. DD is a very poor excuse of a professional footballer. We found the key to Leicester's success.

4. Chelsea Pensioner

Lost cause for us for sure, still wish him well. he's not the first player to run his career off the tracks.
    Goodish win against Newcastle?? We ran the show beginning to end, but finishing was far from great, we could have had 5 or 6 but for missing a couple of sitters and blowing the last pass a few times. Tammy Abraham continues to improve and is looking more like the striker we hoped. Tight season this one, so every win counts as a good one !!!

Last edited: Nov 21, 2020
  5. Bullet tooth Tony

Yes CP It should have been an easy win for us but until the second goal I was worried they might force a draw. Zouma continues to improve and without "The Slug" we moved the ball quicker. I still think Werner needs to work on his passing, it is at best poor. Reece James is a monster of a player he will be around for many years if he avoids serious injury. Just watched Scum V The Baggies. Connor Gallagher is a very good player and by far the best WBA have. I can see him and Billy Gilmour forming a solid midfield in the future. Gallagher is very strong and possesses an eye for a pass, perhaps the most impressive trait is his fight and never say die attitude he puts himself about and couples that with an element of skill that will only improve with time in our side and playing with top class players. No disrespect to WBA because they deserved at least a draw tonight. With a little more quality they would have come away with all three points. Frank Take a look at the lad Gallagher he is Very good.

6. BobbyD

BobbyD President

very good win. Werner blew 2 guilt edged chances, set up an incredible assist and was unfortunately not to get his goal. So hot and cold but i'm hoping it's a settling in period.

Tammys build up is still not really there, but we don't look to him either to create. His finish was top class though and he did setup werner for his first miss.

Ziyech you can see is the most creative player but he didn't have the best of games.

Wasn't sure about chilwell for 50m but him and james look to be really setting us up to be dominating at the fullback positions. Both are exactly what we have needed for a long time (unfortunate for dave)

Kante should always play in the DM role. He's amazing there and i don't know why managers of recent years have not put him there.

7. Chelsea Pensioner

Agree about Conner, gilmour and Tammy, all have big futures. Chilwell is a bit different, after90 mins I feel he played well, but get frustrated he so often stops turns and back passes. I thought he’d be more attack minded but he waits his moments. Not a criticism, just a view. Werner looked best with Haverrtz and Mount in mid with Kante. Lots of options and heading the right way

8. Super_Chelsea_Blue_Boys

Super_Chelsea_Blue_Boys Well-Known Member

I think sometimes managers can try to hard to be innovative and impose their tactics and strategy. They feel they have to make their mark and play their way. Often you just need to be sensible.
    Why play the worlds best DM as a central attacking midfielder? Allow people to do what they do best.
    Frank seems to have realised that sometimes it needs to be kept simple. I can’t really say there is a particular brand or style of football being created under Frank, but we do seem to play with more freedom, fluidity and enjoyment.
    Our top class signings have made an incredible impact and we seem to be motoring along quite nicely now. Are we title contenders? Maybe, but not yet. Give it another 10 games and then let’s see.

Naas Blue likes this.
  9. CFC: Champs £launderx17

looking forward to seeing Billy soon

Are u liking Tammy now.?

10. Chelsea Pensioner

I'm definitely liking watching him improve. His movement off the ball, his joining in attacks, holding the ball up to pass to someone (often Werner) in a better position, all those are things he wasn't doing before. Certainly looks as if having Werner and Ziyech to play him in more, both works for him and has made him a better player. Similarly, Zouma has looked a class above with the guidance and solidity of Silva, Chilwell and Mendy, and James has taken the next step as well. That good old blend of youth, speed and experience is doing the trick. And still we have Gilmour, CHO, Pulisic Christensen and Tomori waiting for their chances. Becoming an impressive and talented squad with most positions covered.

Blueman likes this.