1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic The Goodhand Arms

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by TheSecondStain, Jul 15, 2014.

1. Kaito

Kaito Well-Known Member

2. Kaito

Kaito Well-Known Member

3. Kaito

Kaito Well-Known Member

4. SaintMarv

SaintMarv Well-Known Member

Kaito, thereisonlyoneno7 and StJabbo1 like this.
  5. StJabbo1

StJabbo1 Well-Known Member

Victoria's all right.
    upload_2023-3-8_15-17-38.jpeg

SaintMarv and thereisonlyoneno7 like this.
  6. saintrichie123

saintrichie123 Well-Known Member

7. StJabbo1

StJabbo1 Well-Known Member

please log in to view this image

8. San Tejón

San Tejón Well-Known Member

A What Car investigation has revealed that the range of an electric car in winter could be up to one third less than advertised.
    Don’t have a link to it but what I read stated that a Renault Megan’s E-Tech logged 32% and a Tesla Model Y 18% fewer miles than advertised.
    The worst was some Chinese Model that hit the 33% mark.
    The investigation confirmed that electric cars are cheaper to run than petrol or diesel, IF charged at home.

thereisonlyoneno7 likes this.
  9. SaintMarv

SaintMarv Well-Known Member

I may have seen this on here before but as we are talking about Aussie beverages

Lemons and Oranges likes this.
  10. thereisonlyoneno7

thereisonlyoneno7 Well-Known Member

Mrs no7 has an Electric Mini Cooper. In the summer a fully charged car shows 145 ish range. This morning I drove it fully charged, showing 92 miles. Huge difference. As it happens, we chose the Mini as we don't do more than 40-70 miles ever in a day, but it is huge.

I find it is cheaper when she charges it out and about. Not because it is cheaper, but because I am not paying he bill, she is on her card lol!

San Tejón likes this.

11. It's Only A Game

It's Only A Game Well-Known Member

While the cold does affect battery charge, isn't the thing about winter driving to do with the heating? As heating has to come from the battery rather than the heat generated in the engine, it's no surprise that battery charge is less in winter. Either that or have no heating on to save the battery charge.

12. San Tejón

Were you aware of the difference between summer and winter range, when you bought the car?
    Must make long journeys difficult to plan for with such a discrepancy, I would have thought.

13. thereisonlyoneno7

Yep we knew the range and the differences when we got it.

The car was initially for me as I get my cars normally every 3 years on a PCP and rather than paying the final payment, give them back and start again new. Being a full time home worker, I found that my last ridiculous car was costing me £600/mth and I did 6,500 miles in 3 years so I decided to downsize car as I don't really use it. As it happened, it took 5 months from when I gave my car back to getting this one and I didn't miss not having a car (Mrs No7 had an older Mini). After 2-3 months of the new car I 'gave' it to her as I really don't need a car. My lovely daughter last summer bought Mrs No7 a new Fiat 500 when she was over from the states and I now have that...since June it has done 470 miles.....

The only time we really have missed my older car is going to say Heathrow to pick up my daughter and grandkids, but we/they just now get a private taxi here - so much cheaper than keeping my old car for a couple of journeys a year!

That said, Mrs No7 & my daughter did go to Cornwall last summer in the Mini - 460 mile round trip and totally free. Tesco have now changed their policy, but if you have a PodPoint at home, you could use any of their chargers for free (Now limited to 30 mins). She and my daughter stopped a couple of times on the way, did a 'splash and dash' of about a hour or so, then when they got to the hotel they charged there for free. Same on way back. Too much faff for me (it was a girls trip luckily), but hey enjoyed the adventure. Being summer too, they did about 130 miles in one hit a couple of times before they charged.

Until I need to travel more it works what we have now, though for some the range is a limiting factor.

San Tejón likes this.
  14. San Tejón

15. San Tejón

A bakery owner hires a young female clerk who likes to wear very short skirts and thong panties.

One day a young man enters the store, glances at the clerk and at the loaves of bread behind the counter.

Noticing her short skirt, and the location of the raisin bread, he has a brilliant idea.

“I’d like some raisin bread please,” the man says.

The clerk nods and climbs up a ladder to reach the raisin bread located on the very top shelf.

The man standing almost directly beneath her, is provided with an excellent view, just as he thought.

When she descends the ladder, he decides that he had better get two loaves, as he is “having company for dinner.”

As the clerk retrieves the second loaf of bread, one of the other male customers notices what’s going on and requests his own loaf of raisin bread.

After many trips, she is tired, irritated and begins to wonder “why the unusual interest in the raisin bread?”

Atop the ladder one more time, she looks down and glares at the men standing below.

Then, she notices an elderly man standing amongst the crowd. Thinking that she can save herself a trip, she yells at the elderly man,

Is it raisin for you too?” “No,” stammers the old man, “but it’s quivering a little.”

16. thereisonlyoneno7

I quit my job as a scuba diving instructor after giving my first lesson.

Deep down, I realized it wasn't for me.

17. tomw24

tomw24 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

18. Kaito

Kaito Well-Known Member

19. Kaito

Kaito Well-Known Member

20. tomw24

tomw24 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator