1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The "Great Spurs Revival" Thread

Discussion in 'The Premier League' started by Hoddle is a god, Dec 20, 2014.

1. As the mighty Spurs juggernaut races past Arsenal in the league to within 12 points of the top (at half-time in their match against Burnley), I thought it about time that someone started this thread.

Sure, I expect it to be a slow-burner, since we are only half way through the season, but there's no harm in having this little gem of a thread sat snugly in the fold, awaiting it's time. And that time is coming, trust me.

The infamous North London Power-Shift has been something that has been spoken about on both sides of North London - and, indeed, around the Globe - for several seasons, now. Everyone senses that we are living in exciting times, as far as that one goes.

So, my friends, please use this thread to celebrate, with me, the revival of the mighty Spurs, and to plot our glorious return to the glory days.

2. Sharpe*

Sharpe* Senior Member

please log in to view this image

3. You seem to be saying something, b4f, but I can't quite seem to catch your drift.

4. NSIS

NSIS Well-Known Member

I think the basic gist of it is that he doesnt agree?.....:)

5. HRH Custard VC

HRH Custard VC National Car Park Attendant

what glory days?

6. SpursDisciple

SpursDisciple Booking: Mod abuse - overturned on appeal
    Forum Moderator

The glory, glory days? Does the name Bill Nicholson mean anything to you?

7. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

<laugh>

HIAG is the village idiot who keeps going back to touch the electric fence to see if it's still live

8. You're a pollock.

9. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

I actually quite like that <laugh>

It's taken you a few years to come up with something funny, but credit where it's due.

10. King Ossie64

King Ossie64 Well-Known Member

<laugh>.<laugh>

11. King Ossie64

I remember Bill's kick and run football.

12. SpursDisciple

SpursDisciple Booking: Mod abuse - overturned on appeal
    Forum Moderator

Good try, but that was a different Spurs team, from the 50's. And it was push and run.

13. King Ossie64

Nah its still kick and run son. <ok>

14. If The Smug One had been around back in those days, he, too, would have played hoofball, Ozzie. Make no mistake about it.

15. King Ossie64

Didn't we sell him to Stoke? <laugh>

16. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

I think the most salient point here about the spuds, is what clubs their top players will be sold to if they have a good season.

We all know that Spunk Gargle Wee-wee would sell his mother to the highest bidder and many a decent player has he flogged off to bigger clubs. Bale, VDV, Modric, Carrick etc.

There is then of course the player's desire to step up to a big club with ambitions of winning trophies. Sol Campbell typifies this desire perfectly, not content to languish his career away at a club that couldn't offer him any chance of silverware. He made the switch to North London's premier team where he was decorated with winners medals. The fact that the spuds didn't receive a penny from Arsenal may have irked them, but no true spurs fan could deny Sol the chance, as he proved that it was the right move to step up to a big club like Arsenal.

I could see players like Lamela or Erikson making it at a big club if they keep up the hard work. There will inevitabley come a time where the desire to play champions league football will have Spunk Gargle wee-wee itching to auction them off to the big boys.

17. redwhiteandermblue

redwhiteandermblue Well-Known Member

Hard to argue with that.

HIAG, this may be your best effort yet. <applause> I&#8217;m glad to see you&#8217;re sticking to your strict "no wumming" policy.

18. Indeed.

Wumming is as fruitless as it is annoying, for important debates (such as the one we are engaged on in this thread). All too often, we see threads derailed by wums, out to do nothing more than raise a few cheap laughs at the expensive of someone else's dignity. Not me. I respect the dignity of every poster, just ask any Mouser.

It gratifies me, also, to see that others have respected the gravity of this subject, and have refrained from wumming.

19. NSIS

NSIS Well-Known Member

M,mm

Judas was (is) a lying scumbag. It's not just the fact that he sneaked off to join your lot, it was the underhand, devious way he went about it.

20. King Ossie64

'The Globe' That's in Moorgate old boy
    please log in to view this image