1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The impartial BBC

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by Cliftonville, Sep 30, 2020.

1. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

2. remembergou

remembergou Active Member

Some very good points by a number of posters, some way off the mark? but that is my interpretation of course. Although this is a football forum, I sort of enjoy the "banter" and the subject matter which is non football. Onefor and Rob, wow I would love to be in pub with you two having a spat, cant really call it a debate! To buy the winner a pint would be nigh on impossible, it would have to be 2 halves!
    What is annoying is the bad a** attitude of one (or maybe 2) that resort to having to insult, or endeavour to be vitriolic in their attempt to belittle others.

It does seem to work out like this unfortunately. The English language has evolved over many centuries to be one of the most complete languages in the world. The UK has probably more unique languages and dialects than most countries of the world, and probably more phraseology for describing the same thing than anywhere else.
    I was saddened by Greg Clarke submitting, his work has been phenominal. He used terminology which has been in use for decades as part of the common English language, and I know from experience is "accepted" by a lot of groups it was said to offend. We are indeed in a time of turmoil, intensified over the past 10 month's or so? by the massive upheaval and trauma humans are going through, COVID -19, isolation, job loss and a bleak looking future!

oneforthebristolcity likes this.
  3. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

please log in to view this image

4. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

The pressure brought to bear on Clarke to resign was (imho) totally out of proportion for what were his honest comments.
    Where I work, I am literally bombarded with diversity e-mails nearly every working day, be they for race, religion or sexual orientation. This has got to the degree that some people within my team now spend all of their work time being Diversity Champions. So frankly that leaves the rest of us to actually do the day job, which in itself is beyond ridiculous and is wrong, and is a very sad reflection of the times we live in, where we all have to tread on eggshells every single day for fear of upsetting some minority group while we, not only the majority, but the vast majority, are becoming more and more marginalised and ignored. All of this goes on, while everyone else can more or less say or do what they please.
    In addition the whole company has to waste countless thousands of man hours going through formal training in such matters. It seems that being politically correct 100% of the time is now far more important than providing customer service.
    Welcome to the 21st Century workplace !

Last edited: Nov 25, 2020
  5. realred1952

realred1952 Well-Known Member

this is where the vicious circle starts and finish's... customer service on one side is the vast majority that are victims of lack of service is being eroded by time spent on endeavouring to satisfy the minority elements so just take their business elsewhere.
    the minority element suffers from the same lack of service [ eroded by time to endeavour to satisfy minority complex's etc ] and take umbrage, take it as they are being victimized ….

Angelicnumber16 likes this.
  6. oneforthebristolcity

England is not a Country as we knew it mate.. It's not just within the workplace, it's right across the board.......not even allowed to have a laugh anymore, as it's bound to upset or be pulled up by someone...Like someone else said on one of the threads...it's not normally people that it's directed at....without doubt it's drummed up by organised far left wing groups that's looking to pounce knowing their will be a sheep reaction by society..
    With corruption across local councils and within political parties and of course the bias left wing media, we are slowly becoming controlled and divided as they are in the superpower Countries such as China, Russia & US...
    It's the younger generation I feel sorry for as they will have no choice but to be sucked in by it all.....

7. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

I see Anton Ferninand is on the box again next Monday backed but by brother Rio.
    No doubt it will portray an impartial look at his situation.

Hang on its on the BBC.....
    No chance.

8. realred1952

watched PMQ's THE SPEAKER I thought showed a bit of Bias toward Sir Keir " don't have a lot of sensible thinks to ask" Starmer. we are in a pandemic and for about the third or 4th time he brought up about wrong 180m items costing £200+k out of 32 billion items costing £ xxx++ bn ….

the younger generation
    … well this is itself becoming a rather twisted knot of chaos!
    we have a pandemic which will affect the world for years to come. Not only could it manifest itself repeatedly but the cost has to be re paid by our children and a generation that follow … yet they appear to be the cause of the problems we have [ not school kids but 16 -50's ] ignoring rules and spreading the virus ! economically it has always been the over 40's who are the engine room of our economy, having had the family, replaced their generation then spent the next 25+years working and paying tax … their children have the families have the "tax benefits" get to 40 and repeat the cycle!
    the first to go are the younger employees of companies /businesses usually overseen by the over 40's generation, then smaller businesses that depended on their earnings, then larger companies on the high street ….a vicious cauldron of catastrophe all because of non compliance by those that will inherit the debt!

9. Angelicnumber16

And the youngsters will never experience the freedom of speech (and deeds) and the free reign that we had
    I guess in that respect we should think ourselves lucky, although they probably won't miss what they've never had.
    Sad

10. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

I see that the BBC had a bit of a hissy fit with the Metro and the Sun, they carried a story that the BBC Question Time programme only had 650,000 viewers last week.

The BBC retorted that those figures were inaccurate and that in fact the figures were a very 'healthy' 1.3 million.

Only 83% down on viewing figures of 10 years ago.

Healthy?

11. Red Alert

Red Alert Well-Known Member

Bbc news news now behind channel fives news according to ofcom.

12. Red Alert

Red Alert Well-Known Member

13. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

I don't like John Terry.

However the impartial BBC will now give, in fairness, an hours programme for John Terry.
    I'm sure he was devastated being called a c+++ for 'shagging a team mates wife' (Anton's words).
    Isn't it terrible this kind of abuse goes on, they should have played 40 years ago!
    Anyway after 40 years not 9, I'm going to the FA having no protection for being called a Ginger c+++ a thousand times.

Ps - if Anton was a called coloured c+++ that presumably would have been worse. Wasn't the FA Chairman forced to resign for not calling them black players?

Pps - yes I know, I don't understand.

14. oneforthebristolcity

I read somewhere else that Anton asked Terry if he called him BC and Terry was answering him, Saying I never called you a BC....it was then that the cameras caught it.....Plus the fact is that Anton started the slanging match, well that's ok then!!!
    Personally I don't think it's very nice (normal on most football fields) but I don't think what was said is racist.....naming a colour, which he is and as for the rest <doh>
    No different to white trash, ginger etc..................The press & media loved it though and Anton jumped on the bus!!

15. realred1952

AND THERE IN LIES THE BIG PROBLEM.. they want it all ways!
    You have to call them black as that is their chosen address .. but you cant call them names or descriptive words that have been "in the English language " for decades /centuries.

16. Angelicnumber16

So the running order for yesterdays results on the good old trustworthy BBC website and app were

1) Champions League
    2) Womens Euro Championship Qualifiers - Why ???????
    3) Championship
    4) L1
    5) L2 etc

Reliant Robin TC2 likes this.
  17. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

One question to you and can you answer hand on heart. Why not that running order?
    In my opinion for years women’s football has been so far down that it needed promoting to show young girls that they can play football as well. When I grew up a girl who played kick about with us was a fantastic player and better than most of us boys. She had nowhere to go to develop her skills. Move forward to now my friends daughter plays for Cardiff (she laughs knowing when I watch her, I’m cheering on Cardiff) and even runs a football coaching school. So moving them to second position on the running order seems to be working.

18. Cliftonville

Cliftonville Well-Known Member

oneforthebristolcity and Jiffie like this.
  19. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

20. oneforthebristolcity

Last edited: Jul 25, 2021
    Jiffie likes this.