1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The laughing stock of world football

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Medro, Aug 13, 2014.

1. Medro

Medro Well-Known Member

DARIUSZ DZIEKANOWSKI has launched a blistering assault on his former club Celtic by branding them "the laughing stock of world football" and insisting they will only go on to shame themselves on the field again should they be given the green light to remain in the Champions League.

Dziekanowski, who works as a UEFA delegate, has been appalled by the refusal of the Parkhead management to indulge in any form of dialogue with Legia Warsaw ahead of this morning's appeal against the Polish club being effectively expelled from European football's premier competition for fielding a suspended player.

Legia chairman Dariusz Mioduski today tweeted: "We are in Nyon. In a moment, a meeting with the Board of Appeals of UEFA.

"Everything was done very professionally. We expect a decision tonight or tomorrow morning."

A statement from Legia said: "The meeting of the UEFA Appeal Body was held in the morning, with Legia Warsaw co-owner Dariusz Mioduski and his associates present.

"The atmosphere during the meeting was fully professional and the club's representatives were granted the possibility to thoroughly present their stand on the issue.

"The decision of the UEFA Appeal Body is to be announced in the evening or tomorrow morning.

"Legia Warsaw would like to thank the UEFA disciplinary bodies for the prompt organisation of the appeal procedure.

"At the same time, we would like to inform you that until the official decision of the UEFA appeal body is announced the club will not issue any further communication."

Legia believed their midfielder Bartosz Bereszynski had served a three-game suspension before playing the final four minutes of their 2-0 win over the SPFL Premiership titleholders at Murrayfield, a victory which completed a comfortable 6-1 aggregate victory, but it later transpired that he had not been included in their registered 25-man squad for the club's first qualifying round tie with St Patrick's Athletic of the Republic of Ireland.

Legia head to UEFA headquarters in Nyon, Switzerland, in the knowledge they have little chance of overturning the governing body's decision that they had to forfeit the second leg by a 3-0 scoreline, meaning Celtic went through on away goals after a 4-4 draw.

However, they have been rallying support throughout the world of football through a well-executed internet and social media campaign and claim to have the backing of a number of high-profile individuals such as Robert Lewandowski of Bayern Munich and the retired Portuguese internationalist Deco, who was part of the FC Porto side that defeated Celtic in the 2003 UEFA Cup final.

Dziekanowski used his weekly column in the Polish sports news*paper, Przeglad Sportowy, to tear a strip off his former club as a result of their refusal to respond to Legia's demands for a meeting to discuss alternative means of settling the controversial tie, such as a play-off.

He believes the Glasgow club have tarnished their reputation forever and that they will struggle to beat NK Maribor of Slovenia in the qualifying play-off round. Should Ronny Deila's side get through, Dziekanowski predicts that they will be nothing other than cannon fodder for better sides in the group stage.

"This is not the Celtic I know," stated Dziekanowski. "Celtic was known for years as a club that always promoted fair play. I remember from my time how the fans reacted when a player went down injured and their rival did not want to kick the ball out. When someone tried to dive, the fans whistled and booed. "I am sure Celtic supporters feel ashamed and embarrassed of how their club has reacted. They know that this does not bring any pride.”

"It is not Legia that are the laughing stock of world football, but Celtic. They decided to wash their hands of this and put their heads in the sand. I never expected such an attitude. I thought they could talk to Legia and find a solution. If they had not taken this advantage, it would have been better for Celtic.

"The whole world would have appreciated their sporting behaviour. Secondly, I doubt they will be able to beat Maribor. It will be very difficult for them. If they qualify, they will only be points providers for the other teams."

2. Null

Null Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

New level of "beel" reached by Medro ...

3. Otto Flayshow

Otto Flayshow Well-Known Member

Let's sort this out once and for all.

Can everyone simply state if they're 'really beelin' about the original UEFA decision, or just 'pretending to be beelin'.

Can you further state if you're 'beelin' because the other side think you're 'really beelin' when, in fact, you're 'pretending to be beelin'.

Could you also indicate if you 'expect to be beelin' after UEFA rule on Legia's appeal.

Thank you.

4. The Raging Oxter

The Raging Oxter Well-Known Member

please log in to view this image

Medro hears Celtic have been reinstated back in the Champions League at Legia Rangers expense.

5. Mind The Duck

Mind The Duck Well-Known Member

I'm miffed at the situation and would feel content should Legia go through

I'm not sure where on the beelometer I'd be found

6. Bib Fortuna's Maw

Bib Fortuna's Maw Well-Known Member

"What's that you say, Mrs Medro, you walked into a door?"

7. gas

gas ACCOUNT DELETED
    Forum Moderator

I'm slightly beelin, not due to the situation but because of the endless discussions relating to it.

:)

8. User Deleted

User Deleted Well-Known Member

Aye, you'd think people who weren't raging about it (and I don't include MoroccoHun or Trev before you start) would let it rest. Strange.

9. The Cunnilungus Connoisseur

The Cunnilungus Connoisseur Official POTY 2011, 2014, 2015, 2018 & 2023

I haven't beeled about football since my early 20's when I realised the emotional investment wasn't worth it.

Anyone who cares so much about 11 grossly overpaid ****s running about and trying to kick a spherical object into the 'pokey' needs to readdress their lives.

BJK

10. Null

Null Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Cool story bro <laugh>

Did I use that right?

11. User Deleted

User Deleted Well-Known Member

^^^ Must be 22

12. Patience

Patience Spastic Arab

"She bit my fist, constable"

13. gas

gas ACCOUNT DELETED
    Forum Moderator

Spot on<ok>

Being a Bristol Rovers fan there wouldn't be a beelometer with a high enough scale to register my beel if I took it seriously. :)

14. Null

Null Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

^^^^^

Loves Riordan and McGhee

15. Mick

Mick Probably won't answer PMs
    Staff Member

16. Bib Fortuna's Maw

Bib Fortuna's Maw Well-Known Member

The snooker playing vampire and Paul Daniels' missus?

17. gas

gas ACCOUNT DELETED
    Forum Moderator

As bad as things were with that pair of incompetent ****s they're even worse now <wah>

Bring em back ffs

18. Medro

Medro Well-Known Member

Lewandowski Loyal <ok>

A little easier to say than DZIEKANOWSKI loyal

But he makes great, valid points

19. Toby

Toby GC's Life Coach

20. A.L.D.O 4.1

A.L.D.O 4.1 1 of the top defendants in Europe

Big Jacky Knows ? :emoticon-0105-wink: