1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The luck factor.

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by JMMP, Feb 4, 2012.

1. IMO Im ITK

IMO Im ITK Active Member

But when you dont win due to luck it kind of counter-acts the positive effect of the very thing?

2. JMMP

JMMP New Member

PompeyLampras I never said that West Ham were the luckiest side in the league. Portsmouth are. Scamming all around them and will get away with it.

3. TheSecondStain

TheSecondStain Needs an early night

Quite agree.

4. Pelletron

Pelletron Well-Known Member

Agree - we've had our own share of luck this season too. Can't really talk about luck today when the stats tell us we had zero shots on goal all game. Was it luck that Birmingham decided to shoot? It's all relative - technically, with Dowd at the controls, we were lucky Fox didn't get sent off earlier. Then we might all be having an altogether different conversation! And check out the unbelievable penalties that we were given (and that we were denied) against Brighton at SMS.

As for captains being out, I could be wrong, but weren't the captains of Brighton, Milwall, and Cardiff all out when they played against us last? We got 2 points out of a possible 9, so I ignore it as a positive these days.

5. SaintLapras

SaintLapras Well-Known Member

No, it just means your bad luck isn't as bad is it could be, due to good luck in terms of other results. It doesn't counter-act it, just reduces the impact of your bad luck which in itself is important. Although that's if your failure to win is due to luck and I don't think that's always the case (no offense). Plus, you were lucky because your one goal against us in the derby was from a free kick that shouldn't have been given!

6. Channonfodder

Channonfodder Rebel without a clue.....

Bad luck is if a pound coin falls out of a hole in your pocket. Good luck is if you are the first to have notice a coin that fell out of somebody else's pocket. Luck does exist for the individual concerned only as the expression of an improbable event.
    The bit I struggle with is when the media describe someone who gets shot during a robbery, but the bullet misses his heart by an inch as being "really lucky"<doh>

7. SAINTDON13

SAINTDON13 Well-Known Member

There is that saying if we didn't have any bad luck we wouldn't get any luck at all.

8. AdamBanana20

AdamBanana20 New Member

<laugh>.Family guy are always making jokes about jews.