1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (24th February)

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Feb 24, 2021.

1. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Just been reading about Koch and his rehab and in summary he's frustrated and bored because lockdown in a new country away from friends and family isn't easy. He enjoys driving into TA every day and working on building his knee back, and he enjoys having lunch so he gets at least one decent meal a day and doesn't have to cook.

He says he heard a lot of bad things about the food in Leeds area but has loved it and said he saw some great places and ate some great food before lockdown. He cannot wait for lockdown to be over so he can get some family over. He also said he can see why top coaches like to speak to Bielsa he said its ben brilliant watching the maestro in action

2. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

3. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

I wonder if Jorge Sampoli is on the list of managers to take over from Bielsa. Sampoli has a lot in common with Bielsa as both come from the same area of Argentina, both have managed Argentina and Chile and now Sampoli is on his way to Olympic Marseille another of Bielsa’s old haunts and recently Bielsa was asked about Sampoli

“I don't think Jorge is a disciple of mine,” the current Leeds boss told reporters. “First, because I am not comfortable with that word, and second, because I have actually noticed he is better than me, and I don't say that out of false modesty.

“One of a coach's best virtues is flexibility, not falling in love with their own ideas... I don't relent with my ideas and that's not a virtue – it's a flaw. Sampaoli does compromise because he has the power to adapt, unlike me. That definitely makes him better than me.”

Last edited: Feb 24, 2021
  4. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Ok almost over Wolves now and find I keep looking at the table, anyone else suffering from this affliction?

Whitejock and southernwhite like this.
  5. 2 pennth

2 pennth Well-Known Member

About 24 times a day
    I’ll be over Wolves if we beat Villa

Last edited: Feb 24, 2021
    Doc likes this.
  6. FORZA LEEDS

FORZA LEEDS Well-Known Member

I haven’t got over Wolves ‘72 yet <doh> :biggrin:

7. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

Me too. Umpteen times a day since the season began. Bit like a little kid looking at an advent calendar & wishing, wishing, wishing....

When it comes to football, I don't think I'll ever grow up. Still a child with indefatiguable optimism & wonderment. Also still a cnut to balance it all up. :D

8. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Just posted a great dugout cam on the match thread and the reaction from Bielsa at Roberts missed chances, says to me the U23s will be seeing more of Tyler and maybe less of Gelhardt

southernwhite and Whitejock like this.
  9. Leedsoflondon

Leedsoflondon Well-Known Member

<laugh>

10. Leedsoflondon

Five more points for safety, then I’ll be over it.

Makemstine Roger likes this.

11. Jammy 07

Jammy 07 Well-Known Member

I'll vouch for you WJ...

You're definitely still a c*nt <ok><laugh>

Whitejock and Doc like this.
  12. Jammy 07

Maybe should have added that WJ is our c*nt and we love him for it but feck him :emoticon-0172-mooni

13. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Villa survived last season on 32 points and the previous 3 seasons survival was under 34 points. So have a beer and pull up a stool and light a big ceeegar

14. Jammy 07

I'm going for 37 points keeps you up...or 36 and a decent goal difference.

Actually wouldn't mind Fulham staying up as it means one of the so called more established clubs bites the dust <ok>

southernwhite likes this.
  15. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Just had another look and we’re still 10th on 35 points, but looking in more detail there is only the top 5 that have ore wins in the last 5 matches. 6th place Liverpool have lost the last 4 o 6 down to us is a mishmash of o consistency and our last 5 results are actually better than many of those above. This season isnt over yet and I can see Bielsa winning Manager if the year. Yeah I know its usual the prem league champions coach but bit crazy when Bielsa gets a Championship into the top 10 or better....

southernwhite likes this.
  16. Jammy 07

Tricky one...

If we'd had more luck with injuries then Top 6 would have definitely been on.

However if Bamford, Raphinha & Meslier had all been out as well then relegation could have been on the cards.

The most pleasing thing is though... if we improve the standard of player available to Bielsa we'd then go to places like Anfield, OT & the Etihad etc and pick up a few victories. The method is already there, all we need now is those quality upgrades <ok>

17. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

We are sending out a Championship team as not once have we been able to put out Bielsa favourite team, not once. We have also had 3 of our new top signings missing all season so I reckon amazing performance

18. Leedsoflondon

This is Leeds we’re talking about, I’ll stick with 40+ but will take up your advice on the beer <cheers>

Marcos Barber and Jammy 07 like this.
  19. Jammy 07

Agreed 40 points + then we can relax and enjoy any remaining matches.

Beer we can enjoy straight away :emoticon-0167-beer::emoticon-0167-beer::emoticon-0167-beer:

Leedsoflondon likes this.
  20. Jammy 07

There's still that big number 8 sized cog missing though Doc.

The front line of Bamford, Rodrigo, Raphina & Harrison/Costa is damn good, but we need that worldbeater to play the Klich role to elevate us to another level.

Hopefully that player is coming this summer and then Klich will be decent back up.