1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Fri 10th July)

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Jul 10, 2020.

1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

perfect1.jpg

Good Morning. It's Friday 10th July, and here are the latest headlines from Elland Road

Five star display widens gap at top of Championship

Leeds returned to the top of the Championship in style, thumping Stoke City 5-0 in the process.

Following a host of missed opportunities, Klich broke the duck on the cusp of half time from 12 yards following a rejuvenated Helda Costa being bought down on the corner of the penalty box.

The Polish International sent Butland the wrong way as the ball seemed to travel in slow motion bobbling across the ground until it nestled in to the back of the net.

It was no more than Leeds deserved. The Potters were living a charmed life up to this point due to a combination of goal line clearances and sturdy wood work which had kept the scoreline level.

Hernandez was introduced in place of Roberts at half time, and suddenly the flood gates opened! The rout began just two minutes into the second half when Dallas' through ball found Costa clean in on goal. The Portuguese star composed himself before toe poking the ball past a helpless Butland.

Skipper Liam Cooper joined the party ten minutes later when his ferocious strike from the edge of the box rocketed into the back of the net off the woodwork following a delightful cut back from the magical Hernandez.

Supplier became goalscorer for the fourth. Ayling released Costa down the right wing. He cut the ball back towards Bamford who intelligently stepped over the ball, and there was Hernandez who recocked a first time shot into the corner of the net.

Having been denied by a combination of last ditch defending and woodwork, Bamford completed the 5 star display with an impressive strike across goal from an acute angle following a sixty yard diagonal pass from Ayling.

If Leeds can replicate this form for the next two weeks, it doesn't matter who their opponents are! They are a class above the Championship, from anyone's point of view.

Bring on Swansea on Sunday!!!

Post Match Press Conference

Marcelo Bielsa:

"Every match is a new story. What happened in the previous game is not definitive for the next one. Safety and confidence are not linked 100% with the previous result.

"It was a positive performance. The manager always values a positive impact.

"Being able to score at the end of the first half was very important. In the second half our early goal made it much easier for us, but in any case it was an exaggerated result."

Michael O'Neill:

"I'd be very surprised if they don't go up. They're the best team we've played. We couldn't deal with them physically.

"(Bielsa) has done an amazing job. Two years of work here and you can see that in the team.

"They're hungry players. That's key and we are a long, long way from where they are. It will take time to change that.

"Tonight you saw the difference between a team at the top and one which for two seasons has been at the bottom end of the table, a long way off where they need to be.

"We gave a decent account in the first half, but you can't give them a leg up, which we did with the penalty. Once behind, it was always tough."

Last edited: Jul 10, 2020
  2. hemase

hemase Well-Known Member

Morning all.

Patrick f**King Bamford. That's it, that's the comment.

3. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

Up until the peno I had that feeling that it might be one of those games. But 2nd half I was proved wrong. I think we need 7 points to go up. If we play like that we can beat anyone. <ok> Morning Elland and all the other 606 reprobates:grin:

4. ellandback

Forum Moderator

The BD is coming. 9.30, bloody thing deleted. just re -doing it

5. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

Pablo.........that's mine:biggrin:

hemase likes this.
  6. leeds60

leeds60 Well-Known Member

Good Morning to Matt and co from a cold Bardsey
    Costa seemed to be pleased he has signed at last and played like he did for Wolves.It was a great performance and should give us great confidence knowing we now need 7 points from 4 games Lets hope Derby beat Brentfordon Sat
    Can we have the highlights of the game please

Irishshako, ellandback and ristac like this.
  7. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Morning all...

A Derby win on Saturday and it might just seal it early for us.

Bamford was man of the match for me but if I was rating them out of ten nobody would score less than 8 we were on fire.

We’ve managed back to back wins since the restart, we’ve scored 8 and it looks like we’re hitting top form.

The pressure must have been intense going into the match knowing everyone around us had already won.

Nice to see Pablo sitting in the stands before his introduction glued to the match and looking very animated when disagreeing with a decision.

8. Gessa

Gessa Well-Known Member

There was hell of a lot of pressure on the Klich penalty, he looked cool as a cucumber though, changed the whole match.
    O'Neill must be fuming with his defender.

lifecheshirewhite and Whitejock like this.
  9. Eric Le Merde

Eric Le Merde Well-Known Member

lifecheshirewhite and leeds60 like this.
  10. NostradEmus

NostradEmus Firpo is Shit

Post match.... Piss up means I can't be arsed to finish this paragraph, just talk amongst yourselves.

That's my guess.

southernwhite and Gessa like this.

11. Eric Le Merde

Swansea, they are going to be a different proposition to Stoke and the team have that journey to deepest darkest Wales to contend with. We should win but it will be touch and go.

hemase likes this.
  12. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Mate, the cucumber could have been frozen. That's how cool it was...

Gessa likes this.
  13. NostradEmus

NostradEmus Firpo is Shit

Brentford manager named Manager of the month. <laugh>

That's that then!:emoticon-0148-yes:

14. Eric Le Merde

15. leeds60

leeds60 Well-Known Member

Thank you

16. Norwayleedsforever

Norwayleedsforever Well-Known Member

Morning everyone:emoticon-0148-yes:

Had to tape the game yesterday and watch it later as I now have done. Had also to stay away from the internet and even Norwegian newspapers:emoticon-0104-surpr. And what a game, I’m absolutely thrilled:emoticon-0102-bigsm. I alomost went in and looked at the stats at half time:emoticon-0141-whew:. Really pleased for Bamford and Costa:emoticon-0102-bigsm. So now we need 7 out of 12 point to make sure we go up. But what the hell, lets go for the top spot:smiley-finger007:

17. Eric Le Merde

No worries I was watching the match at 2.00am to 4.00am and so I needed some highlights to make sure I wasn't dreaming :emoticon-0148-yes:

leeds60, southernwhite and davy like this.
  18. Norwayleedsforever

Norwayleedsforever Well-Known Member

Costa.........and there you have mine:emoticon-0136-giggl

Irishshako likes this.
  19. Eric Le Merde

I'm sure this is a trite comment but the whole team played their arses off in that game, well done to them all. Now next game

20. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

Goals change matches, we scored 2 at perfect times and then ripped them apart.

Sides set out to stop us - when we get our noses in front they have to show some ambition and that’s when we look our best with space to play.

showed some real swagger yesterday until the bunch of subs killed the flow

great to see full backs bombing forward when you’re 4-0 up