1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Fri 9th Aug)

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Aug 9, 2019.

1. FORZA LEEDS

FORZA LEEDS Well-Known Member

<doh>

2. JonnyLosAngeles

JonnyLosAngeles Well-Known Member

I believe the asking price for Colido was 8m.

3. FORZA LEEDS

€8m for him and Ryan Nolan

4. TC (Lovely Geezer)

TC (Lovely Geezer) Well-Known Member

Did any of you see the story in the Telegraph about Radrizzani's Company being in trouble?
    Allegedly owes £30M in rights fees to UFC, Serie A and La Liga.

Could explain why only Loans and lots out the door!!

5. Eric Le Merde

Eric Le Merde Well-Known Member

I'm getting a little pissed off with Derby. The Rooney deal seems to exploit the FFP rules, as 85% of his salary is for coaching so apparently doesn't count as a cost, I haven't checked this myself though. The real killer for me though is 32RED have increased their sponsorship to Derby as a result of the Rooney deal and they are getting around selling replica shirts to Children advertising betting by giving Rooney the Squad Number 32.

Not against the FA rules but I would question if it in line with the Gambling Commission

Screen Shot 2019-08-10 at 7.44.40 am.png

ristac likes this.
  6. Leedsoflondon

Leedsoflondon Well-Known Member

I’m not saying he isn’t any good (I don’t know, if you do tell me what you know or have heard about him)), I was replying to the question of who had heard of Nketiah? All transfers are gambles whether you know them or not as you’ve pointed out with baker and brown.
    Bogusz - hasn’t played a 1st team game.
    White - season long loan, don’t know the loan fee, not aware of an option to buy so can’t see what the difference is, and has only played one game. Looks good though.
    Harrison - got a lot of criticism last year, many didn’t want him back, loan only, with option to buy if promoted.
    Klich - frozen out for a year. Bielsa’s worked wonders with him.
    Alioski - still divides opinion from what I’ve read. I like him now he’s controlled the diving.

7. FORZA LEEDS

I don't like the concept of getting in players on loan without an option to buy. We just improve and increase the asset of an already mega rich PL club. As far as White is concerned, although there's also no option to buy, there's a good chance Brighton will be relegated, so there'll be room to negotiate if we go up.

Bogusz - cost nothing, Leeds player from day one, appreciating asset.
    Harrison - option to buy if promoted, win win.
    Klich - low cost, Leeds player from day one, improved beyond recognition under Bielsa, augmented asset.
    Alioski - low cost, Leeds player from day one, made for Bielsaball, augmented asset.

ristac, OLOF and Gessa like this.
  8. Leedsoflondon

Fair points <ok>

FORZA LEEDS likes this.
  9. FORZA LEEDS

Enjoy the rest of your holiday <cheers>

10. OLOF

OLOF Well-Known Member

No, I had never heard of Collido either, but then again I don't really care about other teams up and coming young players. only Leeds Uniteds
    had to look up N'ketiah's premier league games. played 8 scored 1 goal against Burnley on the last day of the season.
    I really hope he gets us the goals we need, providing Bielsa plays him in the first team and not just the U23's of course

Btw, sort your ****ing Lad out<grr>

11. Leedsoflondon

<laugh> <cheers>

OLOF likes this.
  12. Leedsoflondon

Cheers Forza. Good chatting all things Leeds <cheers>

13. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

And in other breaking news, the titanic has sunk.

C’mon tc it was common knowledge his business were struggling last autumn... so yes it absolutely provides a reason for this summers and last jan’s Transfer windows.

14. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

<cheers>

15. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

So many tried to claim his other business problems would have no impact on Leeds <doh>

16. Jammy 07

Jammy 07 Well-Known Member

Only his own PR was spouting that b*ll***s.

Can't think of one person on here who said that.

Unless you remember otherwise, in which case please enlighten us ?

ellandback and FORZA LEEDS like this.
  17. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Was said here and on many places. Don’t remember who but I’m sure they do

ellandback likes this.
  18. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

I've got no reason to think there was an impact, but then I don't know the intricate details of what was happening with his business. An neither do you. Or any Leeds fans for that matter. Total conspiracy theory pish unless there is supporting evidence. There isn't. Just 'internet fact', and ausing internet fact, I could probably assume that you'e a one-legged Bin Dipper fan (restrained myself from saying scum as that would be taking the satire a bit far :) ).

But do you see where I'm coming from? A team of top international accountants are probably scratching their collective heads to understand it to this day, yet social media have it worked out in seconds (yeah, right!) & it becomes 'internet fact'.

19. Jammy 07

Satements issued by Radz's PR team that his other businesses wouldn't be effected by losses incurred elsewhere were exacttly that, public relations. Would we expect them to announce anything to the contrary ? Of course not and the proof of the pudding would always be in the eating, hence the statements were nothing but positive spin and therefore total b*ll***s.

The only 1st team player we have signed permanently since those developments is Kiko (no fee) and yet numerous players have left for transfer fees and substantial fees at that. As you correctly point out, any analysis of Mr Radrizani's overall financial health would be specutaltive, we therefore have to judge him on the facts that occur as we go along.

Having received substantially more in transfer fees than we've spent on new signings is a fact.

Now the grey area, which is put out there by Mr Radrizani's PR team and senior employees, that substantial amounts have been spent on loan fees and increased wages for the players given new contracts. Now this may or may not be the case but it certainly favours Mr Radrizani for fans to believe that all the monies received have been re-invested back into the squad.

When we factor in the increase in match day revenues and the many new commercial agreements announced over recent seasons it becomes clear that we have to start seeking answers and cold hard facts from Mr Radrazini rather than simply swallow the protestations from favoured journalists and accept the public relations of a public relations expert.

Personally I've supported Mr Radrazini from day one and continue to do so. That situation my change on 1st February if the necessary team reinforcements fail to arrive, my gut feeling is that they will, but not until the eleventh hour.

wakeybreakyheart likes this.
  20. Jammy 07

Ps...my pet hate is when people post on 6 day old threads.

FFS just post it on todays Breakfast thread, it's bloody annoying otherwise :emoticon-0138-think

wakeybreakyheart likes this.