1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Friday 17th September)

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Sep 17, 2021.

1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

perfect1.jpg
    Good Morning. It's Friday 17th September, and here are the latest headlines from Elland Road

Panel voted two - one to uphold Struijk ban

An FA three-man panel, made up of former Blackburn winger Stuart Ripley, ex Rams striker Marvin Robinson and Pompey keeper Alan Knight, were split two-one in favour of rejecting Leeds’ appeal against Pascal Struijk's red card!

According to the five-page dossier, two of the three former players believed Struijk was out of control, and lunged into the tackle on Harvey Elliott. The third member of the panel judged it as an unfortunate accident
    from the kind of tackle seen frequently in professional football.

please log in to view this image

The questions that went unanswered

Leeds were concerned enough about Jurgen Klopp's reaction to Harvey Elliott's injury, and how that may have influenced Craig Pawson's decision, that they highlighted this when submitting their appeal against the three game ban. They also asked for clarification on how the referee reached his decision, and the officiating process that took place. Unfortunately, these questions went unanswered!

Bielsa presser dominated by red card decision

Marcelo Bielsa had a lot to say at his pre match presser, but much had to do with the FA's decision not to overturn Struijk's three game ban, and the reasons behind it:-

“Pascal is a noble person, with good intentions and of course he regrets the injury, but the generosity that Elliot had to describe how things were, it helps to ease the effect on Pascal,” “The footballers always end up being the most pure thing in football, the players say what they think without speculating. I value a lot that Elliott made Pascal exempt.”

“The majority of the plays that are similar to this one don’t generate the consequences that this one generated, that’s why the injured player admits that there was no bad intention,” “I understand that those who judge and decide have different arguments to the ones that I have spoken about and to the ones that the injured player has spoken about and their arguments are the ones that decide the outcome and it is good that it’s that way.

“What would be useful would be to receive information or an explanation of how to avoid these casual things from generating an injury. There are footballers who say it and those who saw it from close say there was no bad intention and it was a casualty that just happened, so it would be very useful for all of us that it is explained how to avoid the casual consequences that are circumstantial with no intention, how to avoid them because clearly they are punished.”

“The excessive use of strength in the decision taken by Pascal shouldn’t be considered to analyse this action as in this action it wasn’t an excessive use or imprudent use,” “That Pascal acted with exuberance belongs to the game and the consequences of what happened were linked more to it being a casual event rather than his intentions. It wasn’t possible to calculate that the attempt that Pascal made to recover the ball would generate the injury that happened.”

“To hope to receive an explanation perhaps is excessive but it would help to improve the decision making of the players,” “There is also a very simple exercise - to compare all the identical actions that don’t generate the consequences and the amount of similar actions that don’t have the same consequence, they are not even punished with a foul, like in this case.

“After a casual situation like this causes an injury and there’s a red card then I accept it but I would like to hear the explanation. “I think the job of the referees is very, very difficult and I think I have to support that task by being understanding of the decisions that they make. Against any doubt that any team has, the organisers of the competition put at our availability, all the tools possible to interpret the faults.”

“The recovery of Pascal in that ball, despite the fact that we were losing 2-0, was very well praised by the public,” “The public praises the commitment and they punish those that are timid or lukewarm, so it is important for the public to understand when the rules limit a player making an extreme effort to recover the ball. “It would be useful to reaffirm the challenges that happen by chance that generate an injury and therefore a sending off, or if there is any other explanation that has not been offered.

“I insist that there is a very accessible response, the imprudence or the excessive force of his strength and this is compared to the argument that I have, which is something happening by chance. I reaffirm myself in the position because it is the same thing that the player who received the foul said. “But that’s not to say that those who judge don’t have solid arguments which is why I propose that they explain, not so much for myself, but for the public who in the end are the ones who judge us and the players.”

Bielsa's Press conference

2. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

I wish he could put his comments in layman terms. Sometimes I wish Bielsa would let rip. Can you imagine if this decision had happened to a manager like Harris, Warnock, Klopp, Allardyce and Dyche.:(

Infidel, Marcos Barber, OLOF and 3 others like this.
  3. FORZA LEEDS

FORZA LEEDS Well-Known Member

To be fair to Bielsa he probably is putting it in layman terms. It's his interpreter who's making him sound like Borat.

OLOF and Irishshako like this.
  4. Irishshako

<laugh> fair enough. It's just that I've the attention span of a gold......oh look it's lashing outside, well at least my ale is chillin.:grin:

5. FORZA LEEDS

FORZA LEEDS Well-Known Member

<laugh> Whenever I read his interviews I always end up thinking what the **** was all that about <confused>

6. Irishshako

<laugh> I know what you mean Essex. I just drift off thinking of other things. He's just too clever for me.:frown:

2 pennth and FORZA LEEDS like this.
  7. 2 pennth

2 pennth Well-Known Member

It’s not just me then:huh:

Irishshako and FORZA LEEDS like this.
  8. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

It always takes me to sardines following the fishing boat <laugh>

i do have a capacity to excel my noble prudence in a capacity to improve

Marcos Barber, OLOF and FORZA LEEDS like this.
  9. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

The weekend debate will be going up earlier this weekend as I am at the hospital this afternoon. We have a long weekend due to playing tonight and guess besides the points I raise in the weekend debate, there will be much more coming out after tonight and Saturday/Sunday results

ristac, Infidel and Irishshako like this.
  10. Irishshako

All the best Doc<ok> Is it for that penis reduction you've been waiting for:emoticon-0105-wink:

Infidel and OLOF like this.

11. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

They are stopping the tripod being allowed out in public <laugh>

OLOF and Irishshako like this.
  12. Irishshako

<laugh>

13. DirtyLeeds

DirtyLeeds Well-Known Member

Hope all goes well Doc.

Irishshako likes this.
  14. 2 pennth

2 pennth Well-Known Member

Hope everything goes ok
    I was there this morning and I must say things were very efficient

Irishshako likes this.
  15. BillysStatue

BillysStatue Well-Known Member

best wishes Doc

Irishshako likes this.
  16. BillysStatue

BillysStatue Well-Known Member

Love Bielsa, basically telling everyone to fk off in a calm manner

On Struijk ban, "Tell us why the red card was upheld" ... no explanation doesn't help managers or players ... fans expect players to tackle, they frown on pansies and they applaud Berardis of the game ... is the FA/Prem now saying that tackling is not permitted, because Struijk's tackle wasn't "rough" or designed to injure ... the beauty of the players dealing with it, and Elliott's insistence that it was a fair challenge and an accident mustn't be overlooked (basically, listen to the fkn players you complete idiots)

on Leeds performances to date, Bielsa points out that the first four games were extremely tough assignments ... he expects things to improve, but he won't change his style of play ... basically he says there are two ways to play, pass it on the ground and try to play through opponents, or hoof it long ... if hoofball was the answer, he would change, but it's not ... the hoof option reduces the risk of turning over the ball in your own half, but it also limits your ability to attack effectively and there is absolutely no beauty in it ... there's a reason we got praised for the last three years, so be silly to change to hoofing it now ... (to reporter) but I understand why you have taken this position and asked this question (now please fk off back to London you Scum cnut)

I wonder what Warnock and McCarthy would make of this? "Can't see Bielsa coping on a cold Tuesday night in Rotherham" springs to mind!

thanks Elland, excellent debate!