1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Friday 24th June)

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Jun 24, 2022.

1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

perfect1.jpg

Good Morning. It's Friday 24th June, and here are the latest headlines from Elland Road

Players to undergo vigorous health checks before returning to TA

The Leeds Utd squad return from their Summer break on Monday, and will immediately undergo vigorous health checks at Leeds Beckett's £45m state-of-the-art Sporting facilities in Headingley.

Players will be put through their paces whilst a team of experts conducts cardiac, musculoskeletal movement and asthma screenings. The performance tests include assessment of aerobic capacity, strength, power and change-of-direction ability. Blood tests will also be taken. They will then return to Thorp Arch on Tuesday where the analysis can be collated, and individual training regimes can be put into place.

According to Phil Hay:- "Pre-season will start this Monday morning with a day’s testing at Leeds Beckett University. Leeds have used the same academic facilities in previous Summers, and analysis of the players’ physical and mental state will set them up for training at Thorp Arch on Tuesday."

"The earliest sessions Marsch has arranged are by way of preparation for their behind-closed-doors game next weekend — one of two outings planned before they fly out on a tour of Australia. The next six weeks are where he (Marsch) can address the question of what a settled team looks like and how, longer term, Leeds will play under him. This is where he should leave his mark."

please log in to view this image

Barca twist could end pursuit for Raphinha

Barcelona's pursuit of Raphinha looks to be in tatters after Ousmane Dembele told Barcelona boss Xavi he wants to remain at the Camp Nou. The 25yo winger was due to depart Catalonia at the end of the month when his contract expires, but sources have now revealed that he has had a change of heart, and is ready to sign a new contract.

Should this prove to be true, it will end months of speculation linking Barca with a move for Raphinha. Whilst this will devastate his agent Deco, it opens doors for other prospective suitors to come out of the woodwork. Chelsea and PSG were both deep in negotiations with Dembele's representatives; perhaps they will join Liverpool and Arsenal in their pursuit of the Brazilian International. This can only be a good thing for Leeds Utd - the more interest, the higher the price tag!

Mundo Deportivo journalist Gabriel Sans yesterday reported that an unnamed club (not Barcelona) had bid ‘€55m (£47.2m) plus €15m (£12.8m) in add-ons for the Leeds winger.

Potential swap deal on the cards

CBS Sports journalist Ben Jacobs has claimed that Leeds are interested in bringing 29yo Moroccan International winger Hakim Ziyech to Elland Road this Summer. Dubbed 'The Wizard' by Ajax fans during his four-year stay, could be an ideal replacement for Raphinha

Ziyech was born to a Moroccan family in Dronten, Holland, but having represented the Netherlands at U20 and U21 level, changed his allegiance. He is a creative right-winger that likes to drift infield, thread through balls and has an eye for goals. He joined Chelsea in the Summer of 2020 for €40 million, plus add-ons, penning a five-year contract.

According to Jacobs, Chelsea may use Ziyech as a carrot in their hopes of landing Raphinha:- "Don’t be surprised if Chelsea advance their interest (in Raphinha) by bringing Hakim Ziyech into the equation because my understanding from talking to Leeds sources separate to Raphinha is that Ziyech, has been a player on their radar."

"So there might be a possibility to do some business with Raphinha coming one way and Ziyech being given to Leeds. Because Leeds don’t just want a chunk of money for Raphinha to the tune of £55 or £60 million potentially, they would love to have a ready-made replacement."

New Leeds Kit

The new Leeds Utd kit is set to be unveiled shortly. What colours/designs would you like to see Leeds play in, this forthcoming season?

kit1.jpg

Last edited: Jun 24, 2022
    NostradEmus and bucks_is_leeds like this.
  2. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Morning all :emoticon-0148-yes:

Pointless speculating now until Raphinha and Phillips move or dont move, but what I will say about Hakim Zyich is that if he is someone the club have on gheir radar?……….. hes been pants for Chelsea really because not used properly. His Chelsea stats are 46 league games and 6 goals.

When he kicked off at FC Twente he played 68 games scoring 30 goals which is phenomenal. Ajax bought him and he played 112 league games scoring 38 goals, which again is pretty good for a winger. He is upset at Chelsea and dont like Tuchel and will leave this summer?

Makemstine Roger likes this.
  3. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

As Ive said previously, the only potential good news about Rapha will be if he stays for another full season. He's a proven success in the PL in a poor side. Don't care about the money, its not as if us fans are in for a windfall

4. lufctommo

lufctommo Well-Known Member

Good morning. I have transfer fatigue so i’m going to ignore the rumours and permutations for a while.

I’d like to see a retro yellow away kit.

In other news, prospective Derby owners are deciding the clubs future by ****ing each other off.

EBBB8D94-2FFB-462D-8E7C-CC276A377608.jpeg

hemase, ristac and DirtyLeeds like this.
  5. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

I'm not going to comment on the on going transfer saga. As for the new kit, it's white home and yellow away. I can't stand the other **** colours that are only made to get the gullible to buy. <ok>

6. FORZA LEEDS

FORZA LEEDS Well-Known Member

Agreed Shaks but I’d keep that lilac one as maybe 3rd choice as I don’t think we’ve ever lost when we’ve worn it. We beat Watford and Brentford wearing it and I’m pretty sure there were other good results but can’t remember what they were.

Oh and the missus likes the colour <diva>

7. southernwhite

southernwhite Well-Known Member

Good morning all
    More white the better imo, to me me Leeds have always been white, and should always be, maybe as with a splash of yellow for away.
    Don't know why it cant be all white home and away, as i am sure it used to be back in the day, when the only time a team changed their kit was if playing away and their was a colour clash, Especially on a black & white TV, NOT that i can relate that far back ;)

8. NostradEmus

NostradEmus Firpo is Shit

9. NostradEmus

NostradEmus Firpo is Shit

The 1919 kit was like Newcastles home kit.

Irishshako likes this.
  10. DirtyLeeds

DirtyLeeds Well-Known Member

AAAAAAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHH !!!!!! MY EYES !!!!!!!!

Who the **** thought this would be a good idea ?

southernwhite likes this.

11. Irishshako

<laugh> gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay<party>

Marcos Barber and FORZA LEEDS like this.
  12. Irishshako

You LEFTIES <laugh>

Makemstine Roger, xbpod and oldschool like this.
  13. DirtyLeeds

Was it ? I always thought we started off by borrowing Huddersfield's kit.

14. DirtyLeeds

Now, you can blame a lot on the left Shako but you can't blame us for this monstrosity :emoticon-0102-bigsm

15. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

good old T.C. at least he had white boots to go with that horrible kit.......maybe big jack was out in sympathy with his brother (for once)!

16. Irishshako

Up until Revie decided to copy Real Madrids shirts it was mainly Blue and gold/amber/yellow a bit like the Rhinos home kits.<ok>

17. Irishshako

It's ****ing RED<laugh>

18. Irishshako

Thought it was more like Uddersfields blue and white stripes. Did you watch the Rhinos. First half they were ok, but 2nd half was a shambles.<wah> Just seen that shirt Emu and you're spot on. <ok>

Last edited: Jun 24, 2022
  19. Marcos Barber

Marcos Barber Well-Known Member

1920-1934, Blue and White Stripes (rather like Huddersfield), 1934 into the 40's, Blue and Yellow Halves, 48-56 Yellow with Blue Sleeves, 56 Dark Blue, 56-61 a Blue one (lighter shade) and a Yellow one (maybe the beginning of Home and Away kits - Doc might remember <whistle>), 61 introduction of the White Shirt and on to the colours we are all familiar with - apart from that horrible red appearing 1970-71.

Oh god, I am starting to sound like Aski <laugh>

kit2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2022
  20. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

My favourite away kit

leeds down south likes this.