1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Friday 9th April)

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Apr 9, 2021.

1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

perfect1.jpg
    Good Morning. It's Friday 9th April, and here are the latest headlines from Elland Road

Could Sergio Aguero be on his way to ER?

Various media outlets are claiming Leeds want to bring Sergio Aguero across the Pennines to Elland Road.

The Argentine International striker has spent the last decade at the Etihad Stadium, netting 181 times in only 272 appearances over the last decade. Not only is he Citeh's all time record goal scorer but has ten major trophies to his name.

He is three caps shy off 100 International appearances - scoring 41 times.

Aguero will be a free agent, so wages are not a problem. He turns 33 this Summer. Surely he has another couple of top flight seasons in him?

How likely is this to happen?

please log in to view this image

Cooper sings Struijk's praise

In a BBC Radio Leeds interview, Leeds Captain Liam Cooper has labelled Pascal Struijk as 'different class'. The emerging talent broke through, to become a first team regular after impressing Bielsa with his defensive displays this season.

Leeds have had a torrid time with injuries, especially in defence. Liam Cooper, Diego Llorente and Robin Koch have all been sidelined for considerably periods; leaving the Leeds gaffer with no alternative but to throw young Struijk in at the deep end!

“I trained hard all week and I was available for selection, but with the team doing so well I’d never expect to walk straight back in the team,” “Pascal and Diego have been different class and all I could do was try and push them and work hard all week.”

“He’s played with Pascal as well. Pascal’s been unbelievable this season and now we’ve got four players going for the two positions. “It’s only healthy. You know if you have a couple of bad games you’re out of the team and the next man’s waiting to take your spot. “It’s only healthy and that’s the level we’ve got to get to.”

Bielsa labels Forshaw a 'very important player'

During Marcelo Bielsa's press conference yesterday, the 65yo spared some encouraging words for forgotten man Adam Forshaw. He has been dogged by a recurring hip injury since September 2019 before eventually going under the surgeon's knife just over a year ago.

Bielsa maintains that the 29yo is a “very important” player for the Whites and hope's he will return to action before the season ends.

“The timings for Forshaw, even if he has been in a positive moment for 10 days, we have to measure it in months. “He basically hasn’t played for two seasons. To be able to play 90 minutes at a high level of competition after being healthy, there’s still a while to go before you’re ready for that.

“He’s healthy, and there’s two months left of the season so he can prove he’s finally over his issues. We all hope it will be like that.” “He’s a very important player and he has made a massive effort to overcome the situation he’s going through,”

Last edited: Apr 9, 2021
  2. hemase

hemase Well-Known Member

Morning all,

Aguero would be excellent back up for Lord Bamford.

Marcos Barber likes this.
  3. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Morning all :emoticon-0148-yes:

Aguero what are the facts:
    • He wants to stay in the Prem to break the goal scoring record
    • He doesnt want to uproot his family by moving, so needs a club he can commute to
    Some big assumptions that he wants to play for Leeds, when there is Everton, Liverpool who may want to do something. 32yo who cannot do what Bamford does? Yes a brilliant scorer of goals but could not manage a whole season of Bielsaball. Hardly used when fit this season as Pep prefers to use a false 9 rather than a top striker who cannot press

Whitejock, leeds60 and hemase like this.
  4. Gessa

Gessa Well-Known Member

Aguero has been an excellent player but can't see this happening at all, just doesn't fit in with the new ethos at the club. He's Argentine so there's your lazy journalist link.

Struijk has been the find of the season for us and has to be young poty, I think Cooper was lucky to get his place back.

Forshaw, he's been out so long, how can he be expected to be at the races, Bielsa has always talked him up but can't see him playing for us again. Blackburn next season?

NostradEmus, hemase and Doc like this.
  5. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Agree with Gessa on Forshaw and suspect his career at Leeds is over. Yes Bielsa said Forshaw was his best player before getting injured, but that was back in 2019 and my grandson was a baby then but now rides a bike. I hope he can get it back but his time at Leeds is over just like Berardi and Pablo and all 3 will be off the books in a couple of months

6. southernwhite

southernwhite Well-Known Member

Good morning all :emoticon-0148-yes:
    Aguero wow what a signing that would be for me. might just be the leg up to the next level we need.
    And what better way than to finish his career under possibly the best two coaches on the planet.
    We also have the Man city connection the with Bielsa/pep friendship also the Bielsa/Aguero link of Argentina, so to me if Bielsa showed firm interest then pep/Aguero would listen, then the real possibilities of a deal could be done.
    Back to reality though I think you are all right on the money, saying it won’t happen/would not fit in to the Bielsa system. But if one man could tinker the system for Aguero to fit, then Bielsa could.
    Aguero might not do the hard work that others would do, but can you imagine with his second sense of positioning/goalscoring, how many chances he would create for himself or others.With the dozens of gilt edged chances we have missed, how many would he have finished off another dozen or so, what would that have equated to points wise?
    Aguero is a player that’s Literally worth his weight in gold, I am sure Bielsa could find a place for him, as next season we might just might, with his help & a couple of crucial positional signings be pushing for a champions league place.

7. NostradEmus

NostradEmus Firpo is Shit

Aguero would be a statement signing but his legs aren't as spritely as they used to be and that is the reason we won't be interested. Running and pressing is an intrinsic part of Bielsaball.

FORZA LEEDS and Gessa like this.
  8. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Lump in the throat time HRH Prince Phillip has died. What a servant, what a guy

9. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

A great example of how to dedicate your life to the country.

Easternwhite, hemase and 2 pennth like this.
  10. NostradEmus

NostradEmus Firpo is Shit

I'm in no way a royalist but he was the one who I would listen to. He had a great sense of humour and didn't tolerate idiots. He did a great deal of charity work.

11. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

Aguero?

I thought that we were building a team for the future. He would be 33 if he joined us next season.

Has no-one learned from Pablo's situation?

Or Coco's transfer-free wages?

No chance of this happening. Ever.

hemase, oldschool and blonogasoven like this.
  12. Leedsoflondon

Leedsoflondon Well-Known Member

I threw this on here weeks ago as a left field suggestion. Don’t think it could happen because he’ll want more money than we can go to but you could argue that if forums like this existed back in the day you might have said the same thing about the Strachan signing.

13. esteponawhite

esteponawhite Well-Known Member

Aguero, proven goalscorer, age not ideal, could he play Bielsaball? Why not, none of our team could a couple of years ago.
    Personally I think he'll go to Barca, they need a big name signing and can not afford the likes of Haaland, Mbappe etc.

14. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

Good point, but you chose the wrong example - I'm Scottish & knew Strachan very well. Not personally, right enough, but was right up to date with that one. He was also unique for the time & there have been few examples since.
    Tell me someone who wasn't surprised that he played on for so long.

Leedsoflondon likes this.
  15. Leedsoflondon

Leedsoflondon Well-Known Member

Bollocks, tough one.

Whitejock likes this.
  16. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Evening all

Aguero not a chance because I don’t believe for a second Bielsa is interested