1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Mon 3rd Sept)

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Sep 3, 2018.

1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Good Morning Everyone

Berardi left Elland Road on Friday Evening with his leg strapped up, and on crutches.

The Birthday boy turned up to his 30th Birthday party still wearing his kit he was wearing his kit, and sporting surgical bandiging around his right leg.

Looks like we have hit the international break at the right time.

One month in Leeds have won 4 and drawn 2. Berardi, Hernandez, Jansson and Coope have all picked up knocks during this time.

Are the players susceptible to injury having been trained so hard?

Will Bielsa regret not signing a centre back.

Steven Caulker is now a free agent. The 26yo have left Dundee. Surely its a no brainer...

Farsleyexile likes this.
  2. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Morning Elland and all. Im sure were not the only ones that have noticed Caulker. Did I read somewhere he comes with baggage. Think its probably the pace of the game that causes more injuries in the modern game. Back in the day, an injury was a rarity, now you expect them. Anyone know did Bielsa give the lads a week off this week or are they in training as usual, the non international ones

ristac and bucks_is_leeds like this.
  3. bucks_is_leeds

bucks_is_leeds Jonny big spuds
    Forum Moderator

Morning El, morning all <ok>

I'd love Caulker in. Deffo worth a punt.

ristac likes this.
  4. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Morning all

Think Berardi isnt too badly injured and will be back for the next match, no way would he be allowed to party if he was seriously hurt.

Just to mention for those that are interested, I had a reply from Mike Thornton that I've pasted into the Rumor thread.

Caulker is a strange one as he has triggered a release clause in his contract that allowed him to leave Dundee during the window. He is now a free agent so in theory can go where he wants. Dundee turned down a record offer for caulker earlier this year from Rosenberg. Caulker joined Neil Macann's Dundee after meeting him at a funeral last February. The move was all about helping Caulker get back in love with football and nothing to do with wages. He was a massive hit and the best piece of business last season in Scotland.

He was recently sent home from a pre season tour of Portugal but Dundee say it was an ankle injury. He may have left because he has been tapped up, sick of football again, or gone off the rails again. He is no doubt potentially a great player as his list of clubs testifies to. QPR, Spurs, Liverpool and England. He is however a manic depressive, has done drink and gambling. Macann at Dundee said they were lucky to have him and spent time protecting him and getting him away from his demons?

Has Bielsa got the staff, time or inclination to mother Caulker? I wish the kid luck and hope he can sort himself, but if he does end up here you can be sure a lot of time and effort have gone in to ensure we get the best possible player. I just can't see it.

As for training too hard makes you injury prone, he facts show the complete opposite. The fitter you are the less injuries picked up and quicker recovery times when they do occur. Trust Bielsa not some third rate footy pundit or journo. Bielsa has done the same thing all his career and as well as being an academic which shows he isnt stupid.

5. 2020VisionofLeeds

2020VisionofLeeds Well-Known Member

Morning

Seems a desert ahead of us but I guess the break gives time to recover

6. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Morning all..

I think the break has come at the right time, it gives the likes of Bamford and Izzy Brown a chance to catch up with the rest and for those with niggles time to recover.

In my opinion we signed two very important people from Hull City as we were lining up Bielsa, Rob Price and Ruben Crespo and they both came with glowing reports, I’m more confident when it comes to these guys in charge of a players health than the departed Megson.

I did hear that Bielsa handed full control of players health and availability to selection over to Price, nearest I could find was the following article;
    https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co...seems-right-man-for-new-boss-bielsa-1-9280447

7. wf10white

wf10white Well-Known Member

Morning all.....I'm in two minds about this "international break", on one hand, it gives us time to work on our walking wounded and gives Bielsa more time to work with the team. On the other hand, it's going to be as boring as hell without any proper football to watch....

8. Eric Le Merde

Eric Le Merde Well-Known Member

You could always watch England, .......... Oh I see what you mean <ok>

9. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Morning Eire, yes think Calker had a gambling problem

10. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Morning Bucks

bucks_is_leeds likes this.

11. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Morning Doc, Caulker would be a gamble, but a calculated one.

12. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Morning 2020, come Millwall, we should have an entire roster fit including Forshaw

13. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Morning ristac, Rob Price in particular is very well thought of.

14. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Morning wf10, I think we lost some of our intensity that we had in our first three games. Be nice to get that back to absolutely trounce Millwall

15. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Evening Eric

16. Gessa

Gessa Well-Known Member

Morning matt and all.

I think we pick up our fair of injuries every season, nothing new this season, Cooper, Jansson and Berardi go in hard so pick them up, Hernandez Saiz etc get kicked a lot, no different than other teams players.

Been a much better start to the season than most of us envisaged, long may it continue, you need around 2 points per game to go up automatically, which shows we have a difficult job on our hands.

Caulker is a difficult one, good player with baggage, don't want anyone upsetting the apple cart.

I do think we needed another CB, as well as another DM but who am I to question him.

1964white likes this.
  17. southernwhite

southernwhite Well-Known Member

Morning all good Leeds fans
    Bielsa in my opinion is as we all know is new to the English game & particularly the championship,he is learning fast and what will be required from the team in different situations,We won't see week in week out those high intensity games,but the team adapting,but are still exciting to watch,able to score goals & difficult as hell to beat,but mark my words those high intensity games will be played at some point,and some poor team will be on the recieving end of a five or six nil thrashing,(hope it's Millwall :grin:)we are not going to see the wheels fall off as some are worried about,were now in the safest hands since the Revie era,first season in charge Bielsa has worked wonders,and for the first time in god knows how long i am confident going into most games that we won't get beat.
    I also don't think it's premature in thinking this team under Bielsa's guidance is more than capable of winning the championship this season.

18. bucks_is_leeds

bucks_is_leeds Jonny big spuds
    Forum Moderator

I see what you did there <laugh>

19. lifecheshirewhite

Careful how you answer that Eric,say goodnight elland.Morning elland and all <whistle>

Eric Le Merde and hemase like this.
  20. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

But not brown.morning all.