1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Monday 10th May)

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, May 10, 2021.

1. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

Or nice tits.

OLOF likes this.
  2. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

good point that man

3. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Morning all....

I’m sure we’ve all said things that we feel have not overstepped the line and been surprised that the person on the other end feels otherwise.

It’s no use blaming the platforms, it’s those using them. There are tools that you can use to block and ignore people but the truth is many celebs like to brag about how big their following is.

Take Piers Morgan, he comes out with some right **** and he does it to create a stir, to get that response that boosts the popularity of his social media accounts.

There are very few decent TV presenters now and Football seems to be suffering the most. It’s spilling over too on programmes like GMB who had Alistair Campbell on this morning.

If companies are going to hire clowns and employees not up to the task there will be a backlash, it doesn’t matter if it’s right or wrong, it’s the way it goes and you’ll not change anyone.

I’ll share opinions in a forum, I wouldn’t personally go out my way to attack someone on social media and aim it towards their account.

Alioski played great on Saturday, I’d stick by my opinion that he shouldn’t be playing if he’s not signing a new contract. I’ve never abused him on Social Media and I believe sharing an opinion on him on a football forum is totally different to sending him abusive tweets

4. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

Two points actually

OLOF, SIDDAS and hemase like this.
  5. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Onto box ticking I remember not so long ago when footy match reporters onBBC were all men, then we had a radical change and now mainly women why? Some are ok but mostly they know fk all.

I then go back to the heritage of BBC radio and tv commentators which has seen some fantastic people just sacked so that quotas can be introduced and whats happened is that nobody listens to Radio 5 football matches anymore. BBC is a joke and cannot answer why these people were sacked or not had contracts renewed. You can still hear or see them on other stations, what a loss to the BBC but they dont give a shyt as long as they tick boxes
    • Peter Drury
    • Peter Brackley
    • Alan Green
    • Mike Ingham
    • Arlo White
    • Darren Fletcher
    • John Champion
    • Alistair Mann
    • Jim Rosenthal
    • Clive Tyldesley

OLOF, Old Git, SIDDAS and 2 others like this.
  6. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

BBC website now advertising Englands T20 coverage headed Nisa Guha a female of Pakistani heritage

Irishshako likes this.
  7. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LEON (1964White)

please log in to view this image

8. milkyboy

Isa Guha has about 10 year's experience and always seemed well spoken and quite impressive when I've seen/heard her.

9. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

How did that clown Green get onto your list? Only list he should be on is a hit-list. He deserves much more abuse that the female 'pundits' who reckon they're under attack.

10. FollowMe&LeedsUnited

FollowMe&LeedsUnited Well-Known Member

I found out a long time ago that you will never get everyone to agree to the same thing and people will always form their own opinions which isn’t a bad thing. Having suffered verbal and sexual abuse as a female Leeds United fan I decided I would treat people how I wanted to be treated. There are many things I don’t agree with on social media but will watch and read from a distance and not get involved. Sometimes I do have to say something though but also have to be responsible on what I write, especially with working in a school. It is how you say things in the first place and then any responses you give afterwards that will be highlighted. I think it is important that you own what you say but if I’m wrong I would hold my hands up and admit it.

11. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

Is she in a wheelchair:grin:

12. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Afternoon Heidi

Sorry to hear about the abuse you've been through. Its 2021, not 1971.

13. Aski

Aski Well-Known Member

Whilst I may agree with some of your sentiments regarding commentators to suggest that all the above left the BBC due to "tick boxing" is a bit of a stretch as far as I am concerned.

Two of them left the BBC nearly 40 years ago. One retired. One jumped ship because BBC didnt have any football on tv. One of them is unfortunately dead. Most of those that did leave, are working for channels that show live football games.

Edit: Comments in red/blue in quoted post are mine.

The below quote may also explain why Alan Green didn't have his contract renewed. Not too concerned about the cost, but if his job is too physically demanding then maybe that's why his contract wasn't renewed.

Last edited: May 10, 2021
  14. FollowMe&LeedsUnited

FollowMe&LeedsUnited Well-Known Member

Maybe so but the sentiment is the same. You have to take responsibility for what you say and do but how you post will decide how others interact with you.

SIDDAS likes this.
  15. Aski

Aski Well-Known Member

I should also say that as much as I loathe Talksport and the way the presenters will say anything just to get a response from listeners, the last time I listened to Radio Five Live, there was a bloke on the phone who was offering to decorate a room in someone's house, if they could fix his car. I honestly thought I had tuned into some local radio station. This was on the breakfast show with Nicky Campbell during the so called "topical events" phone in section :emoticon-0114-dull:. He was on air for about 5 minutes

16. milkyboy

Dead huh? The lengths some people will go to to tick a box.

hemase likes this.
  17. SIDDAS

SIDDAS Well-Known Member

I just think the world is fooked. To many want to be do gooders who jump on the silliest things. making mountains out of molehills. Someone swearing on live TV get pulled apart these days "my son was watching that programme and I'm very disappointed in what what said. I want an apology" Jesus Christ man don't you have anything better to do that rant on about something that your son probably says everyday in his life under his breath. Some people just wait to disrupt life coz they don't have one. As for cairney you shouldn't be working in such a job if you have suicidal thoughts but then the do gooders will say she should. causing more controversial.
    Even child killers are getting away with things. they should be shot on the spot not protected by laws or mental health.
    I've always said if anyone touches or does something sexual to my kid I would break every bone in their body. Wrong some may say but it would be done because the world isn't being fair in that situation why protect someone who has hurt someone else? An eye for a eye is the way.
    That's why the world is fooked because most of these people know they will be protected.
    Cairney can go do one in my eyes if she's not happy go work in Asda stacking shelf's if you can give it, you have got to be prepared to take it. not cry on the I'm being bullied number. Life's not all pat's on the back for a man or woman.

18. esteponawhite

esteponawhite Well-Known Member

She was also famously shot down for saying chelsea would be happy with the 3 points, after a cup match!
    Sorry luv but if you make such blatant errors someone is going to notice.
    Maybe she stop moaning and admit she was wrong.
    As my dear old gran used to say,
    Life’s hard get on with it.

wakeybreakyheart, OLOF and hemase like this.
  19. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Aski you may not agree but too many really good commentators were forced out of the BBC and went elsewhere, Mike Ingham was retired but given bits and pieces to do and there are many more like the guy from radio 5 with the greek name who now plys his trade elsewhere. But this is a quote from Alan Green:

"They have shown me very little respect in how that is ending. I feel a mixture of disappointment and anger. I don't think it's justified," said Mr Green, a former pupil of Methodist College, who began to commentate on televised games in 2014.

He told The Times: "I was basically told: 'You don't fit our profile'. I got a fair idea of what they meant by just listening to the output over the last year or so.

"There isn't an ageist, sexist, racist bone in my body. I only care about 'can somebody do the job?' There are new people in favour. They match the requirements in terms of 'bants' - banter with presenters."

wakeybreakyheart and OLOF like this.
  20. hemase

hemase Well-Known Member

She was heavily criticised, not abused, criticised on Thursday when a Villeral player was being subbed due to injury she commented "Arsenal and their fans will love to see that."

Like you say, if you **** up admit it, learn from it and move on.

esteponawhite likes this.