1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Monday 13th September)

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Sep 13, 2021.

1. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

2. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

My theory, every player has a limit to their ability. Bielsa has managed to extract every ounce from those who were with us when he joined. We’ve seen how damaging it can be when Phillips is out and we have a shuffle. At PL level some teams including us just can’t implement a plan B as it’s not in them.

It would be like telling Burnley to implement a Plan B which is stroke the ball around and pass into space.

I’m not bothered in the slightest that we don’t have a plan B, my concern is continuing to destroy Rodrigo by using him the way we are and continuing to feel there isn’t a better option than Roberts

Jammy 07 and Gessa like this.
  3. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Plan A is the Bielsa way and always will be and Im happy about it. I agree on the players attributes because we can never hope to compete player for player against the top 4 squads. Every one of their players costs multiples of times more than any of ours, so I accept that right now we will never be able to compete regular, until we progress more in this league. However we are down on last seasons form-and need to uplift it soon. Too many long passes being cut out or too long, too many short sharp passes intercepted, too many holes left through the middle, we are exposing our back line too often and Ayling nd everyone else seems flat. It will click soon

We have beaten by the top if the league and 3rd in the league but have drawn against 4th in the league and are not as bad as we are worrying about

Gessa likes this.
  4. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

The players are definitely fitter, better disciplined, and Bielsa has got the most out of players like Cooper by making him difficult to beat.

I disagree about a plan B; it's just another discipline.

Having two strikers, as opposed to one or playing the long ball from defence instead of playing it through midfield. We saw a lot of one pass triangular passes last season which gave us lots of space, but this season, they are not getting into these positions to make this happen.

5. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

<applause>