1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Monday 20th January)

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Jan 20, 2020.

1. 2 pennth

2 pennth Well-Known Member

2. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

The article details it can be used between any of the linked companies, it might be a small amount for Leeds to cover the loan signing, who knows?

3. lifecheshirewhite

Last edited: Jan 20, 2020
    wakeybreakyheart likes this.
  4. 2 pennth

Radrizzani I rest my case

5. 2 pennth

If my memory serves me correctly didn’t Radrizzani buy Elland Road via Greenfield investments in 2017
    This being the case is he taking his money back out of the club

6. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

Casilla, Ayling, Cooper, Alioski, Dallas, Pablo, Phillips, Klich, Shackleton, Bamford.

I count 10, plus there may be others who are fit that I'm unaware of, like Berra. So who's on my list that didn't make yours?

7. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Strange I remember some posters a couple of years back claiming he was a billionaire. What would he need to borrow a few measly million for then?

8. Eireleeds1

Might be better to see Shacks play 90 minutes before declaring him fit. Seems very injury prone

OLOF, wakeybreakyheart and Whitejock like this.
  9. Whitejock

Really? Please elucidate.

I think Clarke was treated very well. For a start, we paid him for contributing just about as much as I did. Even struggled to get a game for the u23s, and when he did, he was just not interested. It was an act of faith bringing him back on loan, and he clearly thought it was a step backwards. Remember his comment about knowing he would always move on [to a better club]?

I have more sympathy with Nketiah. I'm mentioned before that Bielsa's team cannot afford to carry passengers. And Nketiah was a passenger with respect to playing Bielsaball. Headless chicken defensively, holding up play - in fact almost everything apart from scoring a few goals. I believe, given time, he could have been moulded, but fan & media pressure prevented Bielsa's full preparation for him. He played too early. He had 2 major setbacks. The first was Costa being a passenger in the same way. Clearly Bielsa is prepared to carry one passenger who might have a bit of magic in them, but not 2. He's persisted with Costa, which he's perfectly entitled to do, but it held up Nketiah's progress. Then, when Bielsa thought he was ready to start, Nketiah had that mysterious 'lower abdomen' injury that prevented him playing (which I still think must have involved a hoover & his dick! :) ). Once he was fit, he started 2 games & displayed for all to see that he wasn't ready - just before he left us. I still think Bielsa could have made him into a better player than he'll ever be.

But treated like shiit? I don't think so.

10. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

Of course the man is a shyster as masterbates termed someone once.

11. Whitejock

And that is key! Small squads & an unprecedented long list of long term injured just do not go together. i don't think Bielsa has ever seen anything like it. Come to think of it, have we ever had so many serious injuries? And not one can be put down to Bielsa's methods, I might add. Wasn't Shackleton's injury his arse muscle, for instance. Never, ever heard of that one. When I think of the injuries the likes of Billy shrugged off ....

southernwhite and Farsleyexile like this.
  12. wakeybreakyheart

He could get injured getting out of bed.

Whitejock likes this.
  13. wakeybreakyheart

Must have taken one for the team.

Whitejock likes this.
  14. wakeybreakyheart

Where's Doc when you need some Facts and a, good laugh. Last seen with ball under arm walking away muttering about U23s.

lifecheshirewhite and Whitejock like this.
  15. Eireleeds1

We have basically four long term injuries but many parts of last season were a lot worse. I predicted at start of this season that wed always have three out on the law of averages. Why did Bielsa or nobody else see this and factor it into the tiny squad theory

16. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Said it before, he is always going to be a business man first, he will never be a football supporter, he won't ever use Leeds United as his ego stick. He has fixed the mess left by Bates, Cellino and GFH and now we are ready to be sold.

I guess for him its a case of how much profit for how much outlay. Let's pretend he could get £80m for us tomorrow in this division but in the PL he could get £150m he has to decide if he wan't to throw £10m for the chance to gain an extra £70m if he fails he loses £10m

Would we chance it as non supporters? I know we would as fans but maybe not from a business perspective. Playing devils advocate, I'd fear what if I spend this money on another loan/signing and it ends up being another Nketiah or Izzy.

I'm not in or out of the Radz camp, I appreciate he has done loads getting us back on track, I'll give him this January window before I can say whether or not he has done his best this season

17. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Forshaw did play well at the start of the season but I'm going by the QPR game, if we had a 100% fully fit squad I believe the same 11 would have probably started. Yes we had nobody to come off the bench but Bamford should have had at least two goals, their goal should never have stood, we were denied another blatant penalty. I'm first to complain that we blame the ref too much but Saturday he got it terribly wrong.

QPR at ER were one of the very few teams to match or out do us for possession yet on Saturday I think they had something like 35% we had 65% we had 17 shots at goal, 7 by Bamford with 2 on target (penalty being one). I honestly think if we can get a striker who knows where the back of the net is then the confidence will return to the rest

18. FORZA LEEDS

FORZA LEEDS Well-Known Member

I would add Davis to that list - very good player who's been out injured.

And as he played 90 minutes for the u23's last Friday I'd say he's fit :biggrin:

On the bench at QPR constitutes being fit :biggrin:

ristac and Whitejock like this.
  19. lifecheshirewhite

Phillips is banned and not available and I class Shackleton as a U23 player, OK for a ten minute spell if we are winning, not good enough to start or a game changer to add anything as a sub.
    If Berra was fit he would have been sub.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2020
  20. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I can't see Shako lasting 10 mins.

However, if the post of head of beverages became available - He's our man!

Irishshako and wakeybreakyheart like this.