1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Monday 20th January)

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Jan 20, 2020.

1. lifecheshirewhite

Explain wtf you are on about

Irishshako and FORZA LEEDS like this.
  2. 2 pennth

2 pennth Well-Known Member

Not long to go then

ristac likes this.
  3. 2 pennth

2 pennth Well-Known Member

That's what his MOT complains about.

Sorry Shaks couldn't resist boredom has set in :emoticon-0136-giggl

MIGHTY and Irishshako like this.
  4. LeeUtd

LeeUtd Well-Known Member

He already said at the end of last season that this team wasn't good enough for promotion and now it's even weaker.

5. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Of course it is. The subs bench on Saturday hadn't a scrap of experience on it

6. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

the actual bench had more experience than the players

2 pennth, Irishshako and Eireleeds1 like this.
  7. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

I don't think he knows himself half the time...:grin:

lifecheshirewhite and MIGHTY like this.
  8. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

Oddly enough, I think Bielsa was quoted last season as saying that he would expect 3 player to be out at any time with injury, but this was unprecedented. By three, he was referring to regular injuries - not just long term injuries. Now much as I defend him & his methods, I have to say that he should have been mindful of this when determining the size of his squad this season. Last season was a surprise - this season it's an oversight.

9. Whitejock

Phillips is banned? Thought we were talking about fit players? <doh>

Shackleton an u23 player? Why? Because it's part of your fantasy world? He's in the 1st team squad & has played more for the 1st team than the u23s. As a starter too. Indeed, as I recall, he's only played u23s as part of his recovery from injury. But if you say he's still in the u23s, he must be. Best write to the club to take his squad number off him. Bilsa's obviously overlooked this too! <doh>

10. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

11. lifecheshirewhite

I'm talking about players who can play, not imaginary friends who don't exist, Phillips can't play, isn't available so not counted. Now is Shaks 1st team or u23 this season, well according to Wiki he's played in 2 league games, how many for the u23 then Jock.

I rest my case mylord. <whistle>

12. Whitejock

Your first 7 words are: "I'm talking about players who can play".

Yet in post 31, you opened the discussion with:

"Take away the loan players and we have 8 fit first team Leeds united players".

Which naturally & reasonably led us all to believe we were talking about fit players. No mention of anything other than fitness, is there? There's clearly a total contradiction, so which post have you made the mistake in (inclusion or omission)?

Ah! Got it! You typed the rest in invisible ink, didn't you?. Can't think of any other logical (?) explanation <doh>

13. lifecheshirewhite

Who is the US, its just you having difficulty understanding, well we have Peter Lorimer and Mel Sterland in the Centenary bar but I didn't include them either because they can't play ow and Jermain Beckford but you can include him because we might have to play him with Rad having forgotten the combination to his wallet. <doh>

Farsleyexile likes this.
  14. FORZA LEEDS

FORZA LEEDS Well-Known Member

One positive that Phillips' ban could produce is that we will be forced to designate someone else to take corners.

Hernandez is the obvious candidate, and better at it than Phillips imo, but I'm surprised we don't take more short, quickly taken corners.

We took in the region of 100 (mostly long) corners without any of them resulting in a goal before that run was ended....by a short corner. But now we seem to have gone back to the long version and just lumping it into the box.

Short corners would seem to suit our game and our players more - I'm don't know why we don't take them more often. After all we try to take quick free kicks (when the opposition doesn't stand over the ball delaying the play) so I don't see why our approach towards corners should be any different.

So with Phillips out maybe Hernandez will bring some inventiveness into our corner taking routine.

15. Whitejock

Don't know if you noticed, but Douglas took over from Phillips the last time he recovered.

As for player standing over the ball to prevent a quick free kick - kicking the ball into their groin as hard as possible makes them think twice next time. It should also get them a yellow for stopping play by foul means. Right enough, that 'yellow' rule was introduced during a World Cup & has faded from use these days, like being booked for simulation, being stretchered off after x amount of time on the deck, 'keepers being allowed to hold the ball for only 6-8 seconds. These & loads more. All forgotten. But shouldn't have been.

Was it Alioski that took a throw in the other week where he bounced it off Harrison's back & carried on playing with the rebound? Used to do that a lot of kids, but never seen it done in a first class game. We used to bounce it off the opposition too, but these days you'd prolly get 2 years in the jug for assault as the 'professionals' would roll & scream all the way to hospital. What's the rules re. this @JonnyLosAngeles ?

Farsleyexile and FORZA LEEDS like this.
  16. Whitejock

Normanbitmyleg70 and FORZA LEEDS like this.
  17. FORZA LEEDS

Now yer talking <ok>

Whitejock, OLOF, davy and 1 other person like this.
  18. FORZA LEEDS

Yep, delaying of a free kick should result in an automatic yellow card - it's basically cheating.

And yes I had forgotten Douglas took over the corner taking. Same result though...no goal.

Have a word with Bielsa next time you see him...short corners are the future. Tell him Forza said so :biggrin:

Whitejock and OLOF like this.
  19. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Did you know that Leeds have had more own goals this season than have scored from set pieces

southernwhite and FORZA LEEDS like this.
  20. MIGHTY

MIGHTY Del-Boy

Half the time <yikes>
    youre giving him too much credit <whistle>

Irishshako likes this.