1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Monday 24th January)

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Jan 24, 2022.

1. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

No hatred towards the lad. And indeed, he may well become a player of note, but you must agree that he just simply doesn't fit in to the way we play. As a #10, he's average at best, & as a striker he's a disaster. In either role, no end product. Why this is so, when he had so much promise, I just don't know. I think he might just turn out to be a major casualty under Bielsa & I agree with other posters that the time for him to leave has come - either sold, or loaned until the next manager decides if he's good enough or not for his style of play.

Roberts can't be faulted for picking himself in a team where he doesn't fit - that's Bielsa's job. And perhaps there lies the reason for this being dragged out for so long - Bielsa's pride. Sheer guesswork on my part, but it most certainly wouldn't surprise me. I truly wish him all the best, but the best is most certainly not maintaining the status quo. Can't be doing his pride or confidence any good being in this situation he finds himself in.

NostradEmus and Aski like this.
  2. hemase

hemase Well-Known Member

I understand people's opinions of him not being good enough. I guess I just don't like the anger and vitriol he faces all the time from as lot of fans.

This site has become a lot like Twitter in its reactions to wins/losses. Supreme joy where everything is amazing when we win with, let's says James, getting lots of plaudits and the everyone calling Bielsa good.

We lost this week and suddenly people want James and Bielsa gone and it's all Roberts fault.

There is zero balance in our fan base.

3. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

Oddly enough, as one who was vehemently against the signing of James, I'm warming to him. Indeed, one of his most impressive attributes is his closing down - and this is one of the many problems that Roberts faces - he just doesn't! If he does press, it's always half-hearted, whereas I've seen the wee man start pressing in their penalty box & continue right up to our penalty box. Umpteen times. Roberts just doesn't. I don't think he even sweats as CF! And anyone who doesn't try his best does not belong in our team imo. He's got it in his locker - I've seen him do it! - but for some reason he chooses not to. So for me, his criticism is self-inflicted & deserved. James is only starting out with Bielsa, so who knows how he'll turn out. Roberts has had 3 years of Bielsa & hasn't really changed.

4. foolee

foolee Well-Known Member

Bate and Hjlede played in the 4-0 loss to Blackburn’s U23s so I’m not sure the 23s are as good as we think they are. We should have a stronger under 23s than Blackburn as they’re a championship club playing 2 times a week.

5. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Hamburg are in talks to take Summerville to Germany on a permanent basis.

6. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Leeds transfer talks ‘gaining speed’ as Bild reports 2 Bundesliga winger deal is on

please log in to view this image

Leeds United are reported to have received an approach from 2 Bundesliga side Hamburg for the potential transfer of winger Crysencio Summerville.

The 20-year-old Dutchman has broken into the Leeds side this season and done well during his eight appearances to date. He has made just one start so far though and Leeds are reportedly open to his exit on loan to further his experience.

Indeed, Summerville is eager to further his first-team experience with the likes of Raphinha, Jack Harrison and Daniel James all ahead of him in the Elland Road pecking order.

As such, the likes of Blackburn and Rangers have both been credited with an interest. That said, Rovers’ interest appears to have waned, with Tony Mowbray’s side instead signing a Tottenham youngster.

However, it seems Summerville could get the chance to further his game-time with a move to Hamburg.

Indeed, Bild reports the ambitious 2. Bundesliga side are already in contact with Leeds over a prospective deal.

Horst Hrubesch’s side are currently fifth in the second tier in Germany and look well placed to push for promotion.

And as per Bild, Summerville is considered as “a fast whirlwind” and also “fits their profile perfectly”.

The article claims talks are ‘gaining speed’ over a potential deal to take Summerville to northern Germany.

And while Leeds will not entertain a permanent sale, a loan deal to the end of the season is up for discussion.

Hamburg want Summerville as long-term option
    As per the article, Summerville is ‘eager to play more’ and are pushing for a move this month.

However, they state Hamburg sports directors Jonas Boldt and Michael Mutzel are looking for a solution ‘beyond the summer’ and want Summerville for next season too.

And with their star man Faride Alidou likely to move to Eintracht Frankfurt, Summerville is the man earmarked as his replacement.

Summerville’s deal at Leeds runs to the summer of 2023. As such, the report claims Leeds could yet tie him to a new deal before sanctioning any such exit.

Talks are reportedly continuing to find a solution, with Leeds seemingly happy to wait another few days. The Whites’ injury issues are easing up front with Rodrigo Moreno, Tyler Roberts and Joe Gelhardt all back in action on Saturday.

Summerville though was not part of the Leeds matchday squad that lost to Newcastle. Nor did the winger play for their Under-23s on Monday night. His lack of involvement fuelled speculation that he could be on the move – with the links to Hamburg now emerging as a likely reason why.

FORZA LEEDS and leeds down south like this.
  7. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Can't blame Summerville if he wants to leave. Even with twelve players out, he can't get any game time.

Same with Drameh. He told Bielsa he had to leave on loan as he was upset with the amount of game time he was getting.

8. NostradEmus

NostradEmus Firpo is Shit

I'd actually let Summerville out on loan with a recall clause in there in case we suffer even more injuries. We are not short on wingers. **** me, we started with 5 of them on Saturday.

FORZA LEEDS and Irishshako like this.
  9. Aski

Aski Well-Known Member

Problem with that is that you can only recall players during a transfer window, thus we would only be able to get him back during the summer close season, so not much use if we have injuries galore in March.

NostradEmus likes this.
  10. NostradEmus

I think the loophole is its OK if both clubs agree to cancel the loan.

Aski and Irishshako like this.

11. Aski

Aski Well-Known Member

I was led to believe that that "loophole" is an actual rule for players who go on season long loans, that the loan may be terminated, subject to the agreement of both clubs, during the mid season transfer window. This is what led to clubs including various clauses regarding playing time of loanees etc (ie Arsenal with Nketiah), which would allow them to recall players during the January transfer window.

Any request to cancel a loan agreement outside of the transfer window, where a Premier League club is involved, would only be granted at the discretion of the Premier League Board, as per section 7.4 of the PL handbook. I think the football league have the same or similar rule, which is why Klich wouldn't have been allowed to return from his loan in the Dutch League, even though his form was excellent there.

Of course these things get changed so often that I may be recalling an old rule or just mixing up several different rules, my memory aint what it use to be since my Birthday a week ago :emoticon-0102-bigsm

Addendum - These are the rules for the football league, so would expect that these follow Fifa guidelines.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2022
  12. NostradEmus

Nah, you're probably right.

Aski likes this.
  13. Aski

Aski Well-Known Member

Just amended the post as you were replying Emu, showing the rules for the EFL, which mirror what I thought.

Basically you can only have a recall clause if a player goes on a season long loan, and not a half season long loan, and that recall clause must be actioned during the winter transfer window

14. NostradEmus

Didn’t know that.

**** it... send him anyway!