1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Monday 25th January)

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Jan 25, 2021.

1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

perfect1.jpg
    Good Morning. It's Monday 25th January, and here are the latest headlines from Elland Road

Newcastle Defensive crisis delights Leeds fans

Newcastle Utd's 2-0 loss at Villa Park over the weekend was their tenth game in a row without winning. Their only saving grace was their rampant opponents sloppiness in front of goal saved the Geordies from conceding a much heavier defeat.

First choice central defenders Federico Fernandez and Ciaran Clark will continue to be ruled out due to injury. Makeshift defender Isaac Hayden may revert back to normal midfield duties following his inept performance at centre back.

Manager Steve Bruce said: “We have got a problem at centre back, we have got three or four missing unfortunately there so we hope that clears up well.” There has got to be a certain way that we go about our work, especially we have got to tighten up defensively still and that’s got to be the key to it.”

Newcastle also only recorded one hot on target over the entire 90 minutes.

please log in to view this image

Meslier returns to training after illness

Leeds shot stopper Illan Messlier is back training at Thorp Arch with the rest of the first team, and looks as sharp as ever. The 20yo was absent from the Brighton game with illness, prompting mass speculation on social media that Meslier had caught the Corona Virus.

Below, we see goal keeping coach Marcos Abad put both keepers through their paces:-

Spurs sell 300k of grass to Leeds

As reported last week, the Premier League demanded that Leeds needed to improve on safety conditions, especially for visiting players. Whilst making these improvements, the Whites decided to take advantage of their two week home break to completely relay the playing surface.

The Leeds hierarchy contacted their North London dealers to find out whether they would be prepared to part with a pitch load of their best stuff! Tottenham agreed, and both clubs settled at £300k.

Spurs were in the process of growing the turf as an eventual replacement for their currently one, but their pitch is still in great shape.

According to Phil Hay, the pitch transplant is just a stop gap. Major works are earmarked for the Summer including digging out and replacing the drainage system, the undersoil heating and all the different layers of soil, sand and gravel.

elland_road_resurface_banner.png

2. hemase

hemase Well-Known Member

Morning all,

Everything and I mean everything points to a win tomorrow. So is it the long term Leeds fan in me that can't help thinking if ever a team was gonna lose it is Leeds?

Good to see Meslier back. I think we are going to see a much better balanced team tomorrow with players playing in their proper position's. Whether that means Cooper/Llorente or Cooper/Struijk we will see Ayling revert back to RB.

With Meslier and Phillips back as well we will look so much more solid in defence and possibly even more potent going forward as I really think we have missed Aylings runs forwards.

3. OLOF

OLOF Well-Known Member

Spurs sell 300k of grass to Leeds.

We should have contacted Marcos first we'd have got a lot better deal

4. 2 pennth

2 pennth Well-Known Member

That’s our transfer window business finished then wonder if there is a sell on clause

Leedsoflondon and OLOF like this.
  5. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

The Brighton match for me was a “Must Win” because that would have put a mile between us and the bottom 5, a huge confidence booster. I really thought we were a mile better on paper and on form, but..... so we are now closer to the dog fight and thats a worry.

Barcodes is the same sort of game where we can take a big step forward, and on paper and form guide we are nailed on..... but we know what happens when we face crap that has been beaten badly by everyone for weeks, dont we.

Praying we can beat them and put them in trouble

southernwhite and foolee like this.
  6. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Normally in January the daily thread is full of transfer gossip but how times change. There is hardly any business going on especially in the Prem as Covid deflates transfer prices. The prices are dropping so clubs refusing to sell. In France they are selling abroad in the main because a tv deal collapsed and has put French football in financial danger. A few deals being done in Italy but many are loans and some are buying a player you are not allowed to buy and then loaning them back to the selling club or another club on the continent for 6 months before bringing them in. Lots of ambitious strange deals to try an get around local rules. Arsenal are taking a Real Madrid player and paying a £2.5m loan fee and paying all his wages and this kid may not even get a game? They are not able to buy him as RM want him back for next season but hey thanks for paying his wages and giving us a wedge of cash.

Will Leeds buy anyone? Not unless there is a French player we like who has a club in financial trouble. Maybe a player who we want has become available now or a player we like who we can loan

FORZA LEEDS likes this.
  7. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

<laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh> beat me to it OLOF<laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh>

OLOF and Marcos Barber like this.
  8. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Irishshako likes this.
  9. Irishshako

****ing pussies<doh>

Doc likes this.
  10. Old Git

Old Git Well-Known Member

Chelsea are set to sack manager Frank Lampard after 18 months in charge. According to the BBC

11. 2 pennth

2 pennth Well-Known Member

And all other media outlets including talk sport. I won't hold my breath, but if they do YIPEEEEEEEEEEE

12. Irishshako

<laugh><party>

southernwhite likes this.
  13. NostradEmus

NostradEmus Firpo is Shit

Lampard sacking confirmed

blonogasoven, stonkin, OLOF and 3 others like this.
  14. Marcos Barber

Marcos Barber Well-Known Member

No mate, once grass has been used it has no sell on value :emoticon-0176-smoke

OLOF and wakeybreakyheart like this.
  15. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

49ers have bought some more shares.

Marcos Barber likes this.
  16. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

We will have a new vice chairman later today as 49ers have bought a total of 37% of the club from Radz. This must mean the club are confident of staying up as no transfer activity due. So Radz must be well chuffed and minted

southernwhite and Irishshako like this.
  17. hemase

hemase Well-Known Member

Well I posted earlier on this thread and thought to myself its gonna be a quiet day on here. I put my headphones in to go for a walk in the snow and hear the hilarious news that Fat Frank is being sacked.

I get home and the 49'ers have upped their stake in the club. Also Bielsa confirms that Berardi is about to start training and Forshaw is close as well. What a morning.

18. Irishshako

Don't go near the political thread so, that'll ruin your buzz<laugh>

blonogasoven, OLOF and hemase like this.
  19. hemase

hemase Well-Known Member

Would rather defecate in my hand and clap then go there.

20. Irishshako

<laugh>ffs that's an image burnt into my head:emoticon-0119-puke:

hemase likes this.