1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Monday 26th April)

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Apr 26, 2021.

1. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

This could be the guy to replace Costa. Ben Parker commenting upon todays game against Fulham:

Speaking on live coverage of Monday’s game on LUTV, Parker was lost for words when handing shining praise to the winger.

“He’s the type of player that I’m so glad I’ve retired,” he said.

“I’d hate to play against someone like him. You mentioned his movement off the ball, it’s absolutely fantastic, whether he gets the pass or not, or he creates space for someone else.

2. Leedsdude

Leedsdude Well-Known Member

I thought the ref was ****e, I know we are all biased but he was really bad yesterday. I see Kevin Phillips suggests Bielsa should move to Spurs because they're a bigger club. Jesus wept, how does this guy earn a living as a pundit.

3. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

Who?

4. Aski

Aski Well-Known Member

Are you going to give us a clue about who you mean Doc ?

5. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Sorry boys I assumed I had already mentioned his name in post. Crycansio Summerville had a great first half and along with Greenwood and Drameh on a different level. Summerville was running rings around everyone. Greenwood and Summerville went off at half time though

Irishshako and hemase like this.
  6. wakeybreakyheart

Thats great Doc but campo came on against man utd. Bielsa never uses the u23s on sub bench just rotates them. So will we see the league cup used to try them out next season.

Doc likes this.
  7. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Poveda getting tave reviews for the Liverpool match, was fantastic against City in the first game and had a tough go yesterday which Jadon Sancho loved. Sancho remember is wanted by Man Utd but loved Poveda yesterday. He needs more minutes and maybe Costa is injured now and should get more than the few minutes hes had this year?

OLOF and wakeybreakyheart like this.
  8. wakeybreakyheart

Lets hope can make some chances. I am yet to be convinced by him..... As a side note i bought a red car today... Am i to be banned Elland.

9. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

Oddly enough, I remember someone clearly getting his foot stood on (by Struijk?). He went down screaming, clutching his shin, then clutching his knee! At no time did he grab his foot. And yes, the ref bought it.

For me, a tool like VAR should be used after a game to check out cheating like this, un-noticed off-ball incidents etc., & a post-match penalty should be given to the cheat. For me, blatant & repeated cheating should be dealt with more harshly than any other misconduct. At the moment, you can be seriously injured by someone, & in pain you call him a black basturd, only to discover that he gets a 3 game ban & you get a 10 game ban (plus Leeds tariff), assuming you do recover from his tackle.

There should be an escalator punishment schedule for cheating - 1 match ban the first time, 2 the second, 4 the third, 8 the fourth, 16 for the fifth, & a season ban for any more. And this to continue throughout a players career, with no reset every season. Until you do something as harsh as that, the cheating will continue. Implementation would also encourage managers to reconsider the 'black arts'.

10. wakeybreakyheart

Thought a few times this season we were fair in our play and should have gone down more. But it's not Bielsas way and i agree with him.

LeedsInHeaven and Whitejock like this.

11. Whitejock

Nketiah's record is poorer than Bamford's:

https://footystats.org/players/england/patrick-bamford
    https://footystats.org/players/england/edward-nketiah

Note that Bamford has done it for far, far more games than Nketiah. Nketiah can't even get into one of the worst Arsenal sides for a generation, so what does that tell you? He also couldn't cut it when he had his chance with us. And they want £20m? Do they think we're as gullible as Spuds?

12. Whitejock

Oops! Hadn't got this far through the thread before I posted. Think your post is much better than mine & we're in violent agreement. :D

lufctommo likes this.
  13. Infidel

Infidel Well-Known Member

Well we did buy a pitch from them :emoticon-0101-sadsm

Whitejock likes this.
  14. Leedsoflondon

Leedsoflondon Well-Known Member

Yeah but we’re getting rid of that at the end of the season. Let’s see how they get on shifting Jack Clarke for more than 10 million next year <ok>