1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Monday 27th June)

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Jun 27, 2022.

1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

perfect1.jpg

Good Morning. It's Monday 27th Jun, and here are the latest headlines from Elland Road

50% off selected Leeds players this Summer

Angry Leeds fans took to Social media in their droves to vent their anger and frustrations, after it was revealed that the Elland Road hierarchy have agreed a fee with Manchester City of just £42m for England star Kalvin Phillips.

Phillips, 26, has two years left on his contract, but after a calamitous twelve months which almost saw the Whites relegated, he understandably can't wait to get away from Elland Road. Having finished ninth during their first season back in the top flight, Leeds had the opportunity to fortify their league position and begin to strengthen where necessary; but instead, sat back on their laurels. Even after their pitiful displays during pre-season, they watched as the squad unravelled.

Manchester City are the 6th Wealthiest Club in the World, and yet Leeds have been persuaded to accept almost two and a half times less than fellow England player Jack Grealish!

a4.jpg

de Ketelaere heads Marsch's wanted list

Club Bruges forward Charles de Ketelaere is now understood to be top of Jesse Marsch's shopping list this Summer. The 21yo netted 18 goals and contributed 10 assists in 49 total appearances for Bruges last season, on their way to Juliper Pro League title.

He has already made eight senior appearances for Belgium's National team; gaining his first, last November, when he was just 20. Jesse Marsch see's the talented youngster as a 'false nine'; someone who can play in a deeper role, to try and draw defenders out of position, but they face competition from Serie A Champions AC Milan for his signature.

Leeds are prepared to break the bank to land de Ketelaere. Currently, their most expensive transfer on record was signing Rodrigo from Valencia, two years ago for £27m. If they are serious about landing de Ketelaere, Leeds will need to find an additional £7m

please log in to view this image

2. DirtyLeeds

DirtyLeeds Well-Known Member

Morning all.

Still can't get my head around letting Phillips go for that price. I get that he wanted to move on, fair enough, but at least squeeze the richest club in the world for all it's worth ! I'm wondering whether FFP might have come into play, how much is the kid we're getting in return actually worth ? If he's worth more than the £5M we paid that might make more sense (I realise I'm clutching at straws here).

ristac likes this.
  3. NostradEmus

NostradEmus Firpo is Shit

Scum paid 50 million for Wan Bissaka. 80 million for Maguire.

City paid 42 million for Nathan Ake 2 years ago for **** sake.

I'm fine with Phillips leaving but it's cheap. Very cheap.

ristac and Leedsoflondon like this.
  4. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Morning all. Nothing to add that wasn't said over the weekend. Certainly hoping for a better week in transfer front this week, we could do with it. Presume there isn't any sign of our surplus half dozen or so moving on yet

5. FORZA LEEDS

FORZA LEEDS Well-Known Member

I’ll go against the grain and say it’s a fair price for Phillips. Plus it’s not the end of the world that he’s left. He hardly featured last season, and when he did he quite frequently looked off the pace. I don’t think he’d have been as influential in Marsch’s system as he was under Bielsa.

We’ll miss Raphinha far more if he leaves. And he’ll be far harder to replace.

6. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Today the squad should all be up at Beckets getting assessed and next week the Internationals will get their assessments done. Hoping that Phillips is gone and maybe Raphinha too, oh and Costa, Roberts, Shackelton….

leeds60 likes this.
  7. leeds60

leeds60 Well-Known Member

Good Morning to you all from a cold Bardsey
    I will be pleased to put Rafa to bedsoon as it has dragged on long enoughas for kp i think he is overatedand so 42"M is still good for a playerthat seems to get injured a lot
    Very sad to hear about Harry Gration heseemed to be a real gentleman
    Lets now get rid of the drossRoberts CostaRodrigoetc

8. hemase

hemase Well-Known Member

Morning all,

I think the Phillips price is indicative of the state of the transfer window this year. Other than Nunez for Liverpool I don't see many big big transfer fees happening.

I see a lot of negativity about the clubs transfer dealings so far. I really can't get my head around it.

We have brought in what look to be 3 solid signings in positions we all agreed needed strengthening.

They are players the manager knows and likes and will be more suited to his style of play.

The club is quite actively searching for another striker and there is talk of replacing Phillips as well.

To me the club seems to be doing a lot right. We all knew the likelihood was that Phillips and Raph were probably going anyway.

9. 2 pennth

2 pennth Well-Known Member

We knew in December Philips and Raphinah were going Radz told us all in December
    The management at Leeds are making their bed on which they will have to lie
    Get it wrong and I will have a field day

Irishshako and NostradEmus like this.
  10. FORZA LEEDS

<laugh> What are they supposed to do <confused> Aaronson was lined up well before last season finished. Two more internationals already signed - and it’s not even July yet.

Chill out <doh> and hold your ‘I told you so’s’ until November at least.

11. NostradEmus

NostradEmus Firpo is Shit

The trick is to praise the club and its new signings whilst simultaneously laying out your fears for the future.

That way you are never wrong!

please log in to view this image

12. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

that's a short season isn't it ;)................don't understand the negative vibes about the signings made so far, at least let them get a shirt on in a proper match before throwing them under the bus.... i think on paper they are decent for the price paid, need to let the lasso have a fair crack of the whip before organizing a hangin' <yikes>

13. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

Nah, not for me, it’s too cheap. England’s best team wanted him, France’s best team wanted him and we’re prepared to pay more.

I think raph is an amazing talent… but he was inconsistent. Obviously he got special attention which gave space for others which we will not benefit from. No doubt he’s hard to replace but not impossible.

look at our record with Phillips in and out of the team. If we were playing with 1 dm he’d be incredibly hard to replace… agree that in a double pivot he’s more ‘replaceable’

14. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

damn you’ve finally rumbled my modus operandi

Leedsoflondon and NostradEmus like this.
  15. 2 pennth

I’m well chilled but won’t be waiting till November, we really have to hit the ground running
    On a like for like basis our first 6 games this season corresponding games last season gave us 6 points out of 18 progress means a substantial increase on the 6 points starting with a home win against Wolves

16. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

Morning all got back from wales yesterday. Internet was hopeless where i stayed so read back when i could.
    Ok so kalvin is gone and i hear cut price but hold on a moment lets look at some facts. Last season he decreased in value as he was injured and unfit. Is he woeth more than city are paying well i don't think so. It was the best leeds could hope for as we all knew he wanted man city. Leeds had no choice but to accept and kalvin mr leeds phillips was just thinking of himself. Also what chunk have city put down up front. We needed cash to bring in a more balanced squad and perhaps we got it. Raphinha we also need a chunk upfront for as add ons are all ifs and maybes. His former club get a cut too with sell ons.
    The players coming in need a chance to show what they can do first.
    How hard can it be replacing forshaw/roberts/shakleton etc.

17. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

No one will hear you crying in a field.

FORZA LEEDS likes this.
  18. FORZA LEEDS

You don’t sound very chilled <laugh> <whistle> Ok give it till halftime in the first game before you push the panic button - that sounds reasonable :biggrin:

19. 2 pennth

Not crying SHOUTING :)

Irishshako likes this.
  20. 2 pennth

You sound like a convert welcome to the dark side <devil>

FORZA LEEDS likes this.