1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Monday 29th May)

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, May 29, 2023.

1. hemase

hemase Well-Known Member

Watched the match in my local surrounded by Liverpool, Arsenal and spurs fans.

At the end no one was taking the mick and laughing. Everyone was giving sympathy.
    Somehow that felt worse.

OLOF and Doc like this.
  2. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

Rutter looked like a lost kid most of the time yesterday. I have seen players like him before who just cannot handle playing for Leeds.

3. NostradEmus

NostradEmus Firpo is Shit

No they haven't.

4. wakeybreakyheart

You should have kicked off the soft khunts.

NostradEmus and hemase like this.
  5. wakeybreakyheart

Agreed

6. wakeybreakyheart

First photo i saw of him in that white outfit with matching handbag i just laughed and I've been laughing since. Please send him back and make a loss on him i don't care.

7. hemase

hemase Well-Known Member

Mood I was in if I'd kicked off I'd still be in the cells now.

Plus I want to go back in there again

8. wakeybreakyheart

Yes we usually have a good meet up and quite a few drinks. Might even try and get Davy over next season.

9. Leedsoflondon

Leedsoflondon Well-Known Member

Agree with you. They threw Bielsa under the bus at the first sign of difficulty after he made them premier league players. They initially liked Jesse when he bought into the “overtrained” theme as he basically let them do what they wanted until they became unfit enough to last for 90 minutes then threw him under the bus. And they didn’t even put up a fight against relegation and are mostly looking to jump ship (from about 10 games to go). So my view, **** em. Rather play championship football with players that care.

10. wakeybreakyheart

That is correct he even side stepped a couple it was the best move of the game. Lots of boos went up when they got him down.

oldschool and OLOF like this.

11. southernwhite

southernwhite Well-Known Member

<laugh> I hope Harrison was taking notes.

OLOF and wakeybreakyheart like this.
  12. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Good plan that

wakeybreakyheart likes this.
  13. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Bloody hell guys - brb was quick off the mark on the forum. Couldn't find you in the Prem section - you're already listed in the Championship.....<laugh><ok>

14. Jammy 07

Jammy 07 Well-Known Member

Agree with most of that and would love to know the data on our players physical performances for now compared to Bielsa.

Many things we're clearly not right and after the WC break we seemed to decline even further so that does point to us not being professional enough during that period. Or at the very least it was badly managed regarding what was required of the players to return at their absolute peak.

The question is though how do you find players that care, because at the end of the day they're all good when they're winning but not so great when things are going against them.

Leedsoflondon and NostradEmus like this.
  15. NostradEmus

NostradEmus Firpo is Shit

This here is our problem. When things are good, our lot lap up the praise and the game becomes easy.

When things go ****ty and the pressure is on then our lot just make poor decisions causing things to get worse. Its all about dealing with pressure. It's mental strength and I don't see it in any of our lot. When it really matters who actually stands up to be counted and steers the ship?

Yesterday there were two players who fit the description above. One was Harrison who gave everything and he won't be here next season. The other one was Forshaw who really stood up and faced the pressure and thrived in it. He shouldn't be here next season as he just can't handle the game physically.

A few of this squad bottled it in Bielsa's first season and folded under pressure. They were in the middle of folding again the season after until the lock down (yes Karen Carney was right!) before completing promotion in front of empty seats. First season back in the PL was in front of no fans so no pressure and as soon as prying eyes were on them again they failed miserably.

Unfortunately that mentality has manifested itself at the club. The fans don't help it either. That's why I advocate a complete clear out and get some character back in the team. Some strong leadership instead of this wishy washy "leadership group" that we have. All of that leadership group should never set foot in Thorpe Arch or Elland Road again.

16. SIDDAS

SIDDAS Well-Known Member

Yeah thanks to all who contribute on here EB, Doc for their daily and weekly threads and to the lads who do the prediction league and all the regular posters. we got some good lads on here who are true fans. Football life is shyte at the moment and we are all wounded and hurting but we all are in this together. We're not just a crowd we are family. Marching on together we will be back.

17. Jammy 07

Jammy 07 Well-Known Member

Some of our younger players were inadvertantly protected from this season's toxic climax at ER yesterday.

Cresswell
    Geldarht
    Drameh
    Gyabi
    Joseph
    Gray

That has to be a good thing really.

Others like Greenwood who barely played all season and Mullins who has yet to make his debut can be absolved of any blame and should try to use that experience positively.

Does make me wonder though why Big Sam threw Rutter into that bearpit yesterday, but refused to use him when we needed a goal against Newcastle or West Ham. Especially as he must have known the scorelines elsewhere and that we were down anyway...not a nice thing to do if you ask me.

FORZA LEEDS and Doc like this.
  18. wakeybreakyheart

Perhaps he just wanted to show people who love xmas what a real turkey looks like.

Eireleeds1 likes this.
  19. wakeybreakyheart

Exactly and remember it's just a game.

20. wakeybreakyheart

Cant have done as that lad ran with his head up. Even managed to shoulder charge a steward as well.

southernwhite likes this.