1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Monday 3rd May)

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, May 3, 2021.

1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

perfect1.jpg
    Good Morning. It's Monday 3rd May, and here are the latest headlines from Elland Road

Brighton complete double over Whites

Brighton moved to within touching distance of Premiership safety at the expense of a poor Leeds team, devoid of ideas and rudderless at the helm.

Koch and Klich were brought into the starting line up at the expensive of injured duo Costa and Phillips. Klich took Dallas' place in the centre of the midfield, with the Northern Ireland International now operating wide on the right. Koch stood guard in front of Llorente and Struijk in place of Phillips.

The Seasiders took the lead on the quarter of the hour mark. Welbeck overpowered Alioski on the edge of the area, sending him sprawling. The North Macedonian stayed on all fours, trying to shield the ball away from Welbeck by getting his arm in between leg and ball; so the veteran striker could not line up a shot.

Welbeck took advantage of the situation and waited for the man in black to point to the spot. Lancashire referee Chris Kavanagh duly obliged. Although Meslier guessed the right way, he could not get keep Pascal Gross's effort out!

The Whites always looked dangerous down the wings, but Ian Potter's team had blocked off the route to Bamford, and without that, and the lack of support in attack, Brighton's three men centre backs rarely looked troubled.

Welbeck put Leeds out of their misery with ten minutes remaining. In truth, has Brighton had their shooting boots on, they could have scored four or five.

please log in to view this image

Bank holiday protests

I'm sure we all saw the chaos that emulated from the Manchester Utd protest when hundreds of fans (over 90% in their early 20's) stormed Old Trafford, and worked their way through the Stadium. This was soon followed by bricks, bottles and paint grenades being thrown at Police outside the stadium. Before long, the protest had turned violent with battles ensuring between Police and groups of mobs.

Don't you think Leeds fans were in a much worse situation under Ken Bates or GFH's tenure? What about the Allam family trying to destroy Hull City or what the Oysten family reduced Blackpool to? Did you see these fans break into their club's Stadium?

Earlier in the day, environmental movement (though many would describe them as anarchists) Extinction Rebellion caused chaos by gluing themselves to busy roads to bring traffic to a standstill. I wonder whether they'd have second thoughts if members of their family needed emergency treatment from paramedics, but couldn't get to them because of their actions!

Britain is a free Country, and people deserve to have their say, whatever their stance. The actions we saw over the weekend will cost the tax payers millions though! Why is it that all protestors look either like swampy or young university students rebelling against their parents?

Last edited: May 3, 2021
  2. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Morning all...

Glad to see it’s other clubs protesting against owners. If they believe their owners are bad they should have been in our shoes Bates, Cellino and GFH

I fear we might edge that way the more the Americans invest in us, I’ll worry about that later though.

Some interesting team selections and substitute decisions on Saturday, hopefully Bielsa will have learned something from it all.

Happy Bank Holiday everyone <ok>

3. ellandback

Forum Moderator

4. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Morning all :emoticon-0148-yes:

I see the BBC are going after Leeds Utd again as well as Man Utd. We both had protests against the Super League but they went further and protested against the Glazers again. However we apparently nearly forced Karen Carney to kill herself. The problem isn't about her sex, its her lack of credibility and the lazy way she just used old debunked stories to make herself sound like she knew her stuff. Useless and lazy with a lot of idiotic rolled in, and if Sky had any sense they wouldn't use such a lazy, idiotic and an obvious mental health risk (if true)

Sky coverage of Arsenal and Newcastle yesterday we saw Keith Andrews just throw a comment into his punditry and how Leeds fans hate him? Why bring that up in a match Leeds were not involved in? Prick

Sick of hearing/reading comments from people like Kevin Phillips, Darren Bent, everyone at Talk Sport, Paul Merson, Paul Robinson, and many more so called in the know numpties

5. FORZA LEEDS

FORZA LEEDS Well-Known Member

Doc I thought it was Don Goodman who said Leeds fans hate him and for once he was right.

6. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Correct my mistake but so many of these twats run down our club and fans I dived in thinking of Andrews.

Noel Whelan at it again this morning too as he knows we are selling Costa for £8m and losing £8m on the deal. Robinson says most expensive player for wages is Kiko but we are selling him he has been told.....

FORZA LEEDS likes this.
  7. Leedsoflondon

Leedsoflondon Well-Known Member

It was, and I thought Karen Carney worked for BT sport.

8. Mr Wolves-White

Mr Wolves-White Well-Known Member

Morning all

I kind of expected to lose against Brighton. The moment i saw Strujk playing DM then it was nailed on. What I don't understand is that we can hold our own against the so-called big six but then we crumble against the likes of Brighton.

Honestly coming in to these last 4 games and knowing that we're safe really does feel like an anti-climax especially compared to the Euphoria of last season's promotion.

9. SIDDAS

SIDDAS Well-Known Member

Kevin Phillips is everywhere on Leeds posts. wtf does he know about Leeds United?
    End of the day they all talk about Leeds because they know it will get read. We have one of the most active fanbase's in the world and don't those websites know it.
    Tv punditry is a joke at the moment. 90% of them sit on the fence because they are sheet frightened to lose their jobs saying anything controversial.
    All people at home want to do is watch the game they don't want to sit through half a programme listening to Alan Shearers thoughts on where it went wrong. Where it went wrong Alan is you tried management and put all that knowledge into Newcastle and where did that knowledge take you yes to the Championship.
    Christ on MOT you could get another 20-30 mins of football action in but no we got to listen to trophy ears Lineker trying to be funny and Jermaine fooking Jenas trying to tell footballers who are three times better than he ever was on how to play football.

10. Mr Wolves-White

I was wondering why we were going in for that Georgian Winger. TBH I though that the deal with Harrison had fallen through. Great to see we are finally getting rid of Kiko especially after the disaster in the FA Cup.

FORZA LEEDS likes this.

11. Gessa

Gessa Well-Known Member

They are a joke aren't they.

12. Gessa

Gessa Well-Known Member

Struijk didn't play DM mate, that was Koch, who under the circumstances did ok.

13. Gessa

Gessa Well-Known Member

I wouldn't hold your breath on kiko leaving bud, who else is going yo pay the bufoon £45k per week. He's here for the pay day now, unfortunately

14. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

We hate that Andrews twat as well. Add Gary Birtles to the list to.<ok>

15. Mr Wolves-White

Must have miss read the line up when I looked on Google due to the Social Media blackout. There's a problem of if Phillips ain't playing we seem to crumble.

ristac, Gessa and ellandback like this.
  16. Mr Wolves-White

I can't imagine Bielsa wanting to keep hold of a liability. Both Orta and Bielsa must know that there is a lot better out there and on lot lower wages.

FORZA LEEDS likes this.
  17. ellandback

Forum Moderator

I thought you said Kelvin Phillips, not Kevin <laugh>

I was thinking to myself, I know he's injured, but thats a bit harsh.... <cheers>

SIDDAS likes this.
  18. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

19. ellandback

Forum Moderator

He's under contract for another season. Who else is going to pay him anything like we are.

Rodrigo is going the same way. Injury prone, off form

https://www.spotrac.com/epl/leeds-united-fc/payroll/

2020 Active Roster
    PLAYER (25)
    POS.
    ANNUAL SALARY
    WEEKLY SALARY

Rodrigo Machado F 29 £3,000,000 £57,692
    Robin Koch D 23 £2,400,000 £46,154
    Patrick Bamford F 26 £1,820,000 £35,000
    Helder Costa M 26 £1,690,000 £32,500
    Gaetano Berardi D 31 £1,680,000 £32,308