1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thursday 16th June)

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Jun 16, 2022.

1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

perfect1.jpg

Good Morning. It's Thursday 16th June, and here are the latest headlines from Elland Road

Phillips wants to quit ER

Kalvin Phillips has told the Leeds Utd hierarchy that he wants out of Elland Road. The news that most Leeds fans expected, but none wanted to hear was revealed by The Sun following mounting interest from Manchester City. Phillips, 26, joined Leeds as a fourteen-year-old school boy, having impressed at local club Wortley. He's gone on to represent England on 23 occasions.

After a season of disappointment and dread, it looks like the lure of silverware and European football is too much to turn out.

please log in to view this image

Cresswell set for showdown talks with Orta & Marsch

Charlie Cresswell is set for showdown talks with Victor Orta and Jesse Marsch to iron out his Elland Road future. The 19yo has just returned from an impressive tour of duty with the Young Lions (U21's). He started three out of their four games, receiving rave reviews from team Manager Lee Carsley

Closer to home, Cresswell is desperate for first team football. He spent much of last season warming the first team bench; not only was this demoralising for the youngster, but it restricted the number of appearances he made for the U23's. In total, Cresswell amassed 131 minutes of game time, which when you consider the amount of injuries Leeds had last season, is shameful.

Paul Heckingbottom is keen to take Cresswell to Bramall Lane next season. Not only would this guarantee him game time, but as the distance is commutable, it wouldn't disrupt his home life. Should Cressy fight for his place at Elland Road, or go out on loan?

2022/23 Fixture list out today

At 9am this morning, the Premier League reveal their fixture list for the 2022-23 campaign. Whilst there may be conspiracy theorists among us that believe that the footballing hierarchy meet in secret, at St George's Park to plot the demise of the Whites, nothing could be further from the truth (well, at least as the fixture list is concerned anyway). Athletic reporter Phillip Buckingham discusses the intricacies involved in how the fixture list is decided!

"Fixture release day is the culmination of eight months of planning. Those involved call it “the impossible job” but once the world is allowed to see all those fixtures — 2,036 in total, across the top four divisions of English football — there is a collective sigh of relief."

"Primarily from Glenn Thompson, who is the man at the heart of it all. Thompson works for Atos, the IT company that has delivered Premier League and EFL fixtures for the last 30 years. Until 1982, it was done by hand — written out, with pen and paper — but the annual honour now belongs to Thompson’s laptop."

"In goes all the necessary data, and out come those fixtures. It is a random, automated process at its core, but with a bundle of caveats that make it a far more complex operation. There is sequencing, there are algorithms and pairing grids, and the date requests of individual clubs to consider, before all is revealed."

Is Tyler Adams the missing piece of the Leeds midfield jigsaw

As Leeds prepare for life without Kalvin Phillips, they have once again explored the possibility of bringing USA International Tyler Adams to Elland Road. The 23yo defensive midfielder is currently out of favour at RB Leipzig, and according to transfer guru Fabrizio Romano is expected to exit the club this Summer.

He was signed from their sister stable, New York Red Bulls in 2019, where he had started his fledgling career nine years previously, at the tender age of eleven. He also worked under Jesse Marsch for two and a half years before the gaffer took the reins at Saltzburg. Marsch will not be the only familiar name he knows, should the transfer go through. Brenden Aaronson is likely to encourage his International teammate to make the switch to Elland Road.

According to Romano “My feeling is yes, he is going to leave the club this summer,” “At the moment there is still nothing agreed with any club, but many clubs are exploring this possibility, including Leeds, but at the moment still nothing agreed. “For Tyler Adams, he’s a name they have of course in Leeds with Jesse Marsch. It’s normal to consider him as an interesting opportunity for the midfield. “At the moment it’s still not advanced, but to answer your question, I do see Tyler Adams leaving the club this summer.”

ristac, NostradEmus, foolee and 4 others like this.
  2. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

A more favourable set of fixtures than last season. The big six where we won't pick up a whole lot are nicely separated

ristac, Doc, southernwhite and 2 others like this.
  3. bucks_is_leeds

bucks_is_leeds Jonny big spuds
    Forum Moderator

Good luck Phillips, let's get him out as quick as possible and have a proper pre season and reinvest the money in the squad please. Lets keep Raph as well

First four fixtures look a lot better than the last four, lets hope for a great start!

ristac, foolee, Whitejock and 3 others like this.
  4. southernwhite

southernwhite Well-Known Member

Spot on Bucks, i wouldn't fancy a must win game against spuds on the last day. <yikes>
    Good morning all .

bucks_is_leeds likes this.
  5. wakeybreakyheart

wakeybreakyheart Well-Known Member

Morning glorious leader fixtures look good so happy with that. As for Kalvin i wrote him off couple of weeks back. He sacked his Agent and if anyone can find out who his new one is then perhaps the plot will thicken. I would guess it's one of his holiday/England mates Agent. Looking for a ridiculous amount of money as they all are. Can't see that red bull kid being the answer as we need experience in the midfield now. There is no substitute for class my friends.

Irishshako, Eireleeds1 and ellandback like this.
  6. FORZA LEEDS

FORZA LEEDS Well-Known Member

We’ll have to aim for safety by the end of April.

Those last four games of the season, in May, look a nightmare if we still need something from them.

So 40 points from the first 34 games should be enough.

7. Jammy 07

Jammy 07 Well-Known Member

Should be no reason why we can't get off to a good start and then kick on from there.

Squad looks like it's taking shape and then Jesse will have a full pre season to work on how we're going to play. Flip side is of course if we're down the bottom come the break for the WC then the opportunity to change manager/coach will rear it's ugly head.

8. Mr Wolves-White

Mr Wolves-White Well-Known Member

Morning all

Saturday morning Eddie Izzard walked past me campaigning for Labour in the Wakefield By-election and I thought he was a woman. Only found out it was Izzard when one of my twitter followers showed Izzard's tweets.

On to football

I'm not going to hold any I'll feeling towards Phillips if he wants to Citeh. I get he's 26 years old but this summer is the perfect time to take the next step in his career.

Cresswell going to Sheff Utd on loan is fine by me. He'll get first team experience and we'll get to see how he actually is in a first run and not the odd few games.

Regarding the fixtures I'm just happy we don't have to face any of the big six on the opening day.

From what was reported the other day Adams isn't moving anywhere. He wants to stay in Germany.

9. lufctommo

lufctommo Well-Known Member

Good morning,

I've been happy with our early transfer activity but now i'm getting worried we're going down the path of just signing Americans that have played under Marsch. It reminds me of the days Cellino would just sign his favourite Serie A rejects. I have nothing against the individuals, but I hope we are atleast looking to cast our net a bit wider.

10. Brizzlewhite

Brizzlewhite Well-Known Member

What is the Sun's source? 'Revealed by' means nothing. We've had umpteen versions of this before. I'm more interested in how much we get and who can we buy - and when. The sooner the better to get the new people into the groove.

NostradEmus and ellandback like this.

11. ellandback

Forum Moderator

Phillips is being linked to an agent called Jonathan Barnett

wakeybreakyheart likes this.
  12. FORZA LEEDS

FORZA LEEDS Well-Known Member

Safety achieved before the World Cup starts would be handy :biggrin:

foolee and wakeybreakyheart like this.
  13. Mr Wolves-White

Mr Wolves-White Well-Known Member

If you look at the rumour mill as a whole there's only been 5 links to ex-Marsch players and we've already signed two of them.

Yes Tatty is an MLS player but has never played under Marsch but he's also being chased by a number of Prem clubs including West Ham. Elis at Bordeaux has played in the MLS at Houston Dynamos so club be a Marsch want.

The rest seem to be rehash of players we've tried to sign over the Bielsa era or players Orta signed for Boro.

I think the signing of Plata if it comes off is a pure Moneyball move as he's a Sporting Player who's been on loan and has a bag full of potential as he's only 21.

bucks_is_leeds likes this.
  14. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Barnett is Gareth Bales guy Grealish Niguez, Pickford to name a few. He is the founder of ICM Stellar Agency one of the biggest sports agents in the world

wakeybreakyheart and ellandback like this.
  15. NostradEmus

NostradEmus Firpo is Shit

Decent start.

Shocking finish

16. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Looking at that fixture list, it was important we got a lot of clubs early on similar to our standard. We could have half a team early on with zero pl experience. Last thing they'd have needed is potential battering early on. Its as kind a draw as we could have hoped for

17. blonogasoven

blonogasoven Well-Known Member

Morning all.

There are no easy games in the PL but there are quite a few extremely difficult ones.

We could have been looking at when we’re facing Cardiff and Millwall so I’m happy with anything.

I’m hoping that we can’t be as **** as last season - can we?

18. ellandback

Forum Moderator

How would you feel if we set up like this v Wolves in August?
    ---------------------------MESLIER---------------------------
    KRISTENSEN-----LLORENTE------KOCH-----FIRPO
    -------------------ROCA------ADAMS-----------------------
    ----ARRONSON------------------------HARRISON------
    ------------------GELHARDT--MINAMINO----------------

Subs from:
    Casilla
    Klaesson
    Drameh
    Bamford
    Cooper
    Rodrigo